[MWHS Daily Bulletin] Daily Bulletin- Sept 1, 2022

Mount Whitney High School Daily Bulletin mwhs-bulletin at mailman.vusd.org
Wed Aug 31 15:45:38 PDT 2022

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D8BD50.B67872D0]Mt. Whitney High School[cid:image001.jpg at 01D8BD50.B67872D0]

A California Distinguished School & Home of the Pioneers!

                                          Go Pioneers!
Thursday, September 1, 2022
[Volunteer - Wausau East High School]

                                                             Tuesday-Friday (Regular) Bell Schedule

Period 0               7:27       -              8:24       57 minutes

Period 1               8:30       -              9:27       57 minutes

Period 2               9:33       -              10:36     63 minutes

Period 3               10:42     -              11:39     57 minutes

Period 4               11:45     -              12:42     57 minutes

LUNCH                 12:42     -              1:22       40 minutes

Period 5               1:28       -              2:25       57 minutes

Period 6               2:31       -              3:28       57 minutes

[cid:image003.jpg at 01D8BD50.B67872D0]Student Notes[cid:image003.jpg at 01D8BD50.B67872D0]

  1.  Landed a job and need a work permit?  Come to the front office and pick up an application with Mrs. Reyes

2. Come hang out after school with XL!!! At XL, you can make new friends, get snack and food service, access our computer lab, get tutoring, discover new hobbies, and play video games.
3. Yearbooks are still available to purchase throughout the year, but prices will increase so buy them while prices are still at a low price of $90!
4. The weight room will be available during after-school hours Monday - Friday 3:30pm to 5:30pm starting on 8/11/22.  See S-11 for more information.

5. If you are looking for a fun and dynamic class, the choir program has room for more students. Choir is a class for both students that have prior experience singing and for those with no experience. You will be given all the tools to succeed in developing your voice. To join a beginning class, see your counselor to add. If you'd like to join a more advanced group, see Mr. Howard in N-1 for details. Have a great year Pioneers.
7. Jazz band is in need of a drum set player. The jazz band gets to travel for festivals and gigs and counts for fine arts credit. If you have experience on drum set, please talk to Ms. Bettencourt in the band room or set a meeting with your counselor to add the class.
8. Are you interested in playing E Sports for the school, or want to know what E Sports is? Stop by B-204 after school starting Wednesday to get information about the team and the games we will be playing this year.
9. XL After-school program is looking for student tutors. If you're GPA is 3.5 and up, you qualify to become a tutor for us. Stop by S11 and ask for Scott or Enid for additional details.

10. XL will be hosting a workshop with CSET on September 7th at 4:00 in library!" This workshop will introduce you to the #LEAD Program at CSET and help you learn more about leadership, college/careers, life skills and employment. So, if you're looking to broaden your skills this is the workshop for you! Plus, all attendees will be entered in a raffle for an In-n-out gift-card!
11. Starting Today, September 1st, the pool is open to students after school.  It's hot outside! So, go to the pool after school, and stay cool. Super chill vibes. Go to the pool.
12. Have you purchased your ASB sticker yet? You'll get into home games for free and discounts on dances! They are on sale before school, at lunch, and after school in the finance office. Get yours today!
13. Do you like that show Stranger Things? You know the board game they play in it? Ya... We have a club for that. Go to S11 to sign up to play Dungeons and Dragons!
________________________________

[MC900446010[1]]

Club Notes

  1.  Attention all students interested in joining our own student-led service club, Key Club!   We will be having our 2nd meeting on Friday in J-12 at 12:50 PM.  Bring your own lunch and a special treat will be provided as well.  Hope to see you there:)

  1.  Hey Mt. Whitney! Do you like to argue? Do you want to work on your communication or public speaking skills? Do you want a challenging club that will test your ability to think on the spot? Or, perhaps you're just interested in law...come on down to G-3 DURING LUNCH on Thursday September 1st, and meet with Mr. Sheltzer and Mock Trial club as we discuss important dates and plans. Pizza will be provided

  1.  Earth Aid will hold it's first official meeting Thursday 9/1/22 in I-4cat 12:55 p.m..

2 Goals: Elect club officers and select a Homecoming nominee. Ice-cream will be served

  1.  Join the Earth Science Club for our first meeting of the year in H-4 at lunch, Thursday, September 1. We will be making homecoming nominations!
  2.  PLS (the poetry club) will meet next Tuesday in J5 at Lunch.

  1.  There is a Campus Life meeting in M-8 during lunch on Thursday

  1.  Club would like to invite members to our first meeting of the year, today at lunch in K-6. We will be discussing new service opportunities, and pizza will be provided. We can't wait to see you there!

[cid:image005.jpg at 01D8BD50.B67872D0]  Senior Notes [cid:image006.jpg at 01D8BD50.B67872D0]
NONE AT THIS TIME

[cid:image007.png at 01D8BD50.B67872D0]College Visit Sign-ups [cid:image008.png at 01D8BD50.B67872D0]
NONE AT THIS TIME

[cid:image009.jpg at 01D8BD50.B67872D0]Senior Scholarships [cid:image010.jpg at 01D8BD50.B67872D0]

To unsubscribe or subscribe to the Daily Bulletin:

https://protect-us.mimecast.com/s/zrAoCxkrEAUJ0YQnC8n0Cw?domain=mailman.visalia.k12.ca.us
Have questions regarding the bulletin? Contact:

Veronica Reyes, MWHS

vreyes at vusd.org<mailto:vreyes at vusd.org>