[MWHS Daily Bulletin] Daily Bulletin- Jan 28 2022

Mount Whitney High School Daily Bulletin mwhs-bulletin at mailman.vusd.org
Thu Jan 27 15:55:11 PST 2022

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D81396.408D16C0]Mt. Whitney High School[cid:image001.jpg at 01D81396.408D16C0]

A California Distinguished School & Home of the Pioneers!

Go Pioneers!

Friday, January 28, 2022
[January Stock Illustrations – 159,490 January Stock Illustrations, Vectors  & Clipart - Dreamstime]

[cid:image004.png at 01D81396.408D16C0]

[cid:image005.jpg at 01D81396.408D16C0]Student Notes[cid:image006.jpg at 01D81396.408D16C0]

1. Landed a job and need a work permit?  Come to the front office and pick up an application with Mrs. Reyes

2. Student replacement IDs are $10.  Please fill out a half sheet in the Finance Center and pay Ms. Chavez.
3. The Library would like to Thank all the readers that participated in the Reading challenge. We have drawn the 3 winners and it has been announced on the MWHS Library Instagram page. We would like to acknowledge the readers by having them come and claim the $10.00 Burger King  Gift cards from the Library. Please bring your student  id to claim your prize. And the winners are:Kim Lincicum, Joseph Hohne, & Albertino Mercado-Abrego. We will be posting February challenge on Friday, and drawing 3 more winners at the end of the month. 😊

4. The After-School program is hosting FAFSA Night TODAY AND TOMORROW starting at 3:30pm in the Library. We are going to walk students and parents through filling out the FAFSA application step by step

5. Interested in having some fun while learning new skills? The After-School program presents Volleyball Club with Mrs. Johnson! Come join us every Monday and Wednesday, South of the boys locker-room and North of the Track field. All skill levels are welcome!  For any questions contact Mrs. Johnson in B-24. See you there

6. Who's ready for some live theater?! Come on out and enjoy Mamma Mia the Musical put on by Mt. Whitney and El Diamante students. The shows will be February 3rd, 4th, and 5th at 7:00pm and February 5th at 2:00pm at the LJ Williams Theater. Tickets are $10 for students, and $12 for adults and can be purchased from cast members or at the door. We can't wait to show you this fun, upbeat musical!

7. The 2021-2022 Winter Formal will be held at Groppetti Community Stadium at Golden West High School on Saturday, February 12th! Come out and enjoy a night of dancing, partying, and hanging out with all of the Visalia Unified community! Masks are required, and every student who buys a ticket will be required to provide proof of a negative test within 72 hours of the dance. Our on-campus Covid testing facility will be available to all students and ticket sales are happening Feb. 8th through the 11th.
8. Tuesday February 1st, an Animation and Storyboard class will be running in room S-11 next to the cafeteria starting at 3:30pm. If you are interested in joining, please go to S11 to sign up
9. On February 16th at 4pm, XL is hosting a presentation from the Estes Institute of Cosmotology. The presentation will be held in the library.
10. Congratulations to 3 of our Mt. Whitney Ag students for receiving their State FFA Degrees.  Senior, Braden Rohman and juniors Nathaniel Traeger and Aidan Brown all received their degrees.  This degree is only earned by less than 3% of all FFA members.  In order to receive this degree a student must have an outstanding Agriculture project with over 500 hours worked, at least $1000 profited among other academic and community service requirements.
Also, another congratulations to Nathaniel and Aidan who received an FFA profiency award for their outstanding projects.  They have won the sectional level (competing against 10 different schools) and will be competing at the regional level next. Congratulations and good luck
11. Students-This message is to make you aware that January 28th is the last day to guarantee your copy of the 21-22 yearbook. After that date, yearbooks cannot be personalized, the price goes up, and any extra copies will be sold on a first come first served basis. Please make sure to order a book before then if you would like to guarantee one for yourself.  If you are interested in purchasing a yearbook, you can do so at Jostens.com or with cash or check in room B-207.
12. Mondays and Wednesdays after school there is a dance class starting. Go to S11 today to get signed up.
Monday thru Friday after school, the Weight Room is open for students to exercise and workout. Please go talk to our Fitness coaches after school to get started in the weight room.
Interested in Engineering and 3D design. Join the 3D Printing class running on Tuesday and Thursday starting at 3:30pm in room S11.
Join the XL Program during lunch on February 11th and 15th for our Valentine’s Day Photo Booth. Go to S11 to get a picture taking with your friend or significant other. There will also be game and prizes to win!
13. Shout out to Mt. Whitney’s Mock Trial team! On Tuesday, we were narrowly defeated by Tulare Western’s team: by less than 2% points! Please give the team words of encouragement if you see them around campus as we take on ROUND TWO in the courtroom this evening. Go Pioneers!

[MC900446010[1]]

Club Note

NOT AT THIS TIME

[cid:image007.jpg at 01D1B831.05320ED0][cid:image010.jpg at 01D81396.408D16C0]  Senior Notes

  1.  Time to order your Cap and Gown!!  Jostens packets were distributed to your Civics or Economics teacher.  If you do not have Civics or Economics, please stop by the Front Office, Attendance Office, Counseling Office, or Library for a packet.

  1.  Seniors- We have a date to Gradnite!!  2022 Gradnite is scheduled for Friday, May 20th and Saturday, May 21st to Disneyland/California Adventure Parks!  Ticket price is $250.  Permission slips will be available in the Front Office and Attendance Office starting January 18th with detailed information on steps to purchase your ticket.

  1.  Seniors- Order your cap and gown with three ways to order:  1-800-JOSTENS, Jostens.com; or visit their office at 1222 W Murray Ave on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 1:00pm-5:30pm.  Deadline for a second chance to order will be March 1st.  If you need more time, please see Mrs. Reyes

[cid:image011.png at 01D81396.408D16C0]College Visit Sign-ups [cid:image012.png at 01D81396.408D16C0]
NONE AT THIS TIME

[cid:image013.jpg at 01D81396.408D16C0]Senior Scholarships [cid:image014.jpg at 01D81396.408D16C0]

To unsubscribe or subscribe to the Daily Bulletin:

https://protect-us.mimecast.com/s/msy5CjR9mjSqqE8fW40DJ?domain=mailman.visalia.k12.ca.us
Have questions regarding the bulletin? Contact:

Veronica Reyes, MWHS

vreyes at vusd.org<mailto:vreyes at vusd.org>