Daily Bulletin 3/2/17
lhayslett at visalia.k12.ca.us
Wed Mar 1 15:56:57 PST 2017
REDWOOD HIGH SCHOOL [cid:image001.jpg at 01D292A4.743507D0]
1. BOOK CLUB MEMBERS join us in Mrs. Moore's Room 203 TODAY at lunch for our YEARBOOK PHOTO! Bring your favorite book! See you then!
2. SENIORS! TODAY is the PRIORITY FINANCIAL AID FILING DEADLINE for most colleges and universities. Apply now! See Mrs. Jauregui if you have any questions.
SPORTS TODAY/EARLY RELEASES:
Baseball @ Central Tourney - Varsity& JV 3:00 p.m./Early Release 12:30 p.m.
Boys Golf vs. Tulare Western 3:00 p.m./Early Release 1:00 p.m.
Softball @ Redwood Invitational - Varsity 6:00 p.m./Early Release 1:00 p.m.
1. TRUE Ranger Assembly will be on March 27th. The bell schedule will be in the bulletin on that date.
2. Secular Student Alliance Club will be taking Yearbook pictures during lunch in Room 37 on Friday March 3rd. All are welcome!
1. EQUIESTIRAN CLUB MEETING Friday March 3rd at lunch in Room 93. We will be taking our Yearbook picture. Wear your super fan shirt.
2. The Pro MED Club will be hosting a field trip to Kaweah Delta Medical Center on March 6th. The group will attend a private lecture titled "So You Want to become a Physician" Dr. Totten in the Support Services Building of the hospital. Students will meet at the Cafeteria after school and walk to Kaweah Delta promptly at 3:30 p.m. with XL staff. The event is OPEN TO ALL STUDENTS. Please go to the XL Office in the second floor of the library for permission slips and more information.
3. REDWOOD CHOIR BOOSTER MEETING will be next Tuesday March 7th at 6:00 p.m. in the Choir Room. All choir parents are invited to come!
4. ATTENTION ALL CLUB OFFICERS AND ADVISORS! Now is the time to schedule your yearbook group photos. These photos need to be scheduled between now and March 3rd. Pick a date, time, and location, and let us know! Contact Mr. Feehan at cfeehan at vusd.org<mailto:cfeehan at vusd.org> or message us on Twitter @redwoodyearbook.
5. There is still space to go with Redwood XL to a College Campus Tour of CSU Channel Islands! Campus visit is open to all students, just turn in a permission slip and attend a mandatory meeting. Trip is free and it is on a first come, first serve basis due to limited spacing. Snacks and sack lunch will be provided. If there are any questions or for permission slips, please contact Angela Santana - XL ProYouth College and Career Ambassador for Redwood High School at (559) 731-5628, at asantana at pyheart.org<mailto:asantana at pyheart.org>, or upstairs at the Redwood Library from 3-6pm daily. March 3rd, 2017 is the final day that permission slips will be accepted.
6. MR. RANGER NIGHT is Friday March 10th at 7:00 p.m. in the Rotary Theatre.
7. SADIES HAWKINS DANCE TICKETS go on sale Monday March 6th, before school, during lunch and after school. Ticket prices are: ASB sticker $15.00; without ASB sticker $25.00 and $45.00 at the door. The dance is on Saturday March 11th at the Golden West High School Gym from 8:00 - 11:00 p.m.
1. PTSA MEETINGS will be on March 27th, April 24th, and May 22nd in the Redwood Library at 5:30 p.m.
2. STUDENTS! DONATIONS are being collected for the C.A.S.A. of Tulare County (Court Appointed Special Advocates) program. Items such as books, pens, pencils, coloring books, school supplies, etc. Please take donations to Mrs. Wall in the Sierra Vista PE Room before school or at the end of lunch by April 7th. Thank you for your support!
3. CAASPP testing for all Juniors/11 grade students will be administered from March 21 through March 24th for ELA portion and April 25th through April 28th for Math portion. During the testing days, all Redwood 9th- 12th grade students will adhere to the following block bell schedule BELOW:
1. REDWOOD SCARVES are available in the Counseling Office. Proceeds will go to support Redwood Boys and Girls Soccer Teams. Scarves are $20. Please see Mrs. Torres in the Counseling Office if you are interested.
2. The HIGH SCHOOL ATTENDANCE INCENTIVE PROGRAM - "It's COOL TO GO TO SCHOOL" - is back! Any student with PERFECT ATTENDANCE this year is automatically entered into the drawing for a new Nissan Versa, courtesy of the Groppetti Automotive Family. There are two way to achieve PERFECT ATTENDANCE this year; please visit your Attendance Office for contest rules."
1. SENIOR CAP AND GOWN DISTRIBUTION: SENIORS need to report the Redwood Gym at 12:00 p.m. on Thursday March 30th. Jostens will be distributing pre-ordered graduation caps and gowns.
1. The Robert Harrell Career and Technical Education Scholarship
This scholarship currently gives approximately 30 scholarships at $1,000 each for various vocational technical programs. The scholarship is for a student who is from Visalia (or lives in Tulare County and is attending a vocational program in Visalia) and is pursuing a vocational technical school in an accredited institution. There are four application periods each year for the Robert Harrell Career and Technical Education Scholarship. Please refer to the scholarship for the dates. Deadline April 15th.
Secretary Student Services/Activities
Redwood High School
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 5189 bytes
More information about the RHS-Bulletin