Daily Bulletin 3/6/17
lhayslett at visalia.k12.ca.us
Fri Mar 3 15:09:23 PST 2017
REDWOOD HIGH SCHOOL [cid:image001.jpg at 01D29430.243C5340]
1. MR. RANGER WEEK, DRESS UP DAYS: TODAY- Vinaigrette (class colors) Frosh - Red; Soph - White; Juniors - green; Seniors - pink; Tuesday March 7th - Ranch (country); Wednesday March 8th - Thousand Island (tropical); Thursday March 9th - Caesar (Greek/roman); Friday March 10th - Blue cheese (school spirit). Mr. Ranger Night Friday March 10th at 7:00 p.m. in the Rotary Theatre.
1. AP TESTING REGISTRATION TODAY. AP Testing will take place May 1ST - May 12TH. To register for an AP Exam, students must complete a registration form and pay a $15, non-refundable, deposit per exam. Registration forms are in the Counseling Office outside of Ms. Ashford's office. The deadline to register is Wednesday, March 22 at 3:30 p.m. The cost is $93 per exam and any remaining balance not paid by March 22nd, will be due on the day of the exam. If you qualify for free or reduced lunch or meet Federal Income Guidelines, you may qualify for a fee waiver. Please come see Ms. Ashford to apply for the fee waiver. If you have any questions regarding AP testing or need an AP bulletin, please contact Ms. Ashford.
2. The Pro MED Club will be hosting a field trip to Kaweah Delta Medical Center TODAY. The group will attend a private lecture titled "So You Want to become a Physician" Dr. Totten in the Support Services Building of the hospital. Students will meet at the Cafeteria after school and walk to Kaweah Delta promptly at 3:30 p.m. with XL staff. The event is OPEN TO ALL STUDENTS. Please go to the XL Office in the second floor of the library for permission slips and more information.
3. SADIES HAWKINS DANCE TICKETS go on sale TODAY, before school, during lunch and after school. Tickets will be sold TODAY thru FRIDAY at 1:00 p.m. Ticket prices are: ASB sticker $15.00; without ASB sticker $25.00 and $45.00 at the door. The dance is on Saturday March 11th at the Golden West High School Gym from 8:00 - 11:00 p.m.
SPORTS TODAY/EARLY RELEASES:
Boys Tennis vs. Hanford 4:00 p.m./Early Release 2:15 p.m.
1. NEW FOREIGN LANGUAGE OPTIONS: Redwood is looking to offer additional foreign languages for next school year. The additional options are AMERICAN SIGN LANGUAGE AND CHINESE MANDARIN. Students who are interested in requesting either of these languages need to notify their counselor ASAP.
2. REDWOOD STUDENTS are spreading awareness of domestic violence. In today's society, 1 in every 3 women and one in every 4 men will be impacted by domestic violence. For more statistics and who to contact for help or treatment of domestic violence, check out the flyers posted around campus.
3. REDWOOD FOOTBALL BOOSTER MEETING scheduled TODAY at 6:00 p.m. in Coach Ball's Office. Come join in the planning of the 2017 football season. We will be raffling off a Redwood ball cap to one lucky attendee!
4. REDWOOD BAND BOOSTER MEETING on Tuesday March 7th at 6:30 p.m. in the Band Room.
1. REDWOOD CHOIR BOOSTER MEETING will be next Tuesday March 7th at 6:00 p.m. in the Choir Room. All choir parents are invited to come!
2. TRUE Ranger Assembly will be on March 27th. The bell schedule will be in the bulletin on that date.
1. PTSA MEETINGS will be on March 27th, April 24th, and May 22nd in the Redwood Library at 5:30 p.m.
2. It is that time of year again PROM 2017 is coming! ENCHANTED EVENING PROM DRESS/TUXEDO GIVE-AWAY will be on Saturday April 1st at 6:30 a.m.-1:00 p.m., Wyndham Hotel (formerly Holiday Inn); for Junior and Senior boys and girls that can't afford a dress or tux because of a hardship. Sign-ups will be in the Counseling Office, Deadline is Monday March 27th.
3. CAASPP testing for all Juniors/11 grade students will be administered from March 21 through March 24th for ELA portion and April 25th through April 28th for Math portion. During the testing days, all Redwood 9th- 12th grade students will adhere to the following block bell schedule BELOW:
1. REDWOOD SCARVES are available in the Counseling Office. Proceeds will go to support Redwood Boys and Girls Soccer Teams. Scarves are $20. Please see Mrs. Torres in the Counseling Office if you are interested.
2. The HIGH SCHOOL ATTENDANCE INCENTIVE PROGRAM - "It's COOL TO GO TO SCHOOL" - is back! Any student with PERFECT ATTENDANCE this year is automatically entered into the drawing for a new Nissan Versa, courtesy of the Groppetti Automotive Family. There are two way to achieve PERFECT ATTENDANCE this year; please visit your Attendance Office for contest rules."
1. SENIOR CAP AND GOWN DISTRIBUTION: SENIORS need to report the Redwood Gym at 12:00 p.m. on Thursday March 30th. Jostens will be distributing pre-ordered graduation caps and gowns.
1. The Robert Harrell Career and Technical Education Scholarship
This scholarship currently gives approximately 30 scholarships at $1,000 each for various vocational technical programs. The scholarship is for a student who is from Visalia (or lives in Tulare County and is attending a vocational program in Visalia) and is pursuing a vocational technical school in an accredited institution. There are four application periods each year for the Robert Harrell Career and Technical Education Scholarship. Please refer to the scholarship for the dates. Deadline April 15th.
Secretary Student Services/Activities
Redwood High School
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 5189 bytes
More information about the RHS-Bulletin