Daily Bulletin 5/4/17
lhayslett at visalia.k12.ca.us
Wed May 3 15:07:26 PDT 2017
REDWOOD HIGH SCHOOL [cid:image001.jpg at 01D2C41E.F9A9BF40]
1. Important WRESTLING MEETING TODAY in the Wrestling Room at lunch. We will be discussing: next season, physicals, camps and a variety of other items. See you there!
2. SCHOLARSHIP NIGHT will be TODAY at 7:00 p.m. at the Rotary Theatre.
3. BOYS BASKETBALL MEETING in the RHS Gym TODAY at 3:30 p.m.
SPORTS TODAY/EARLY RELEASES:
Swimming @ WYL Championships 3:00 p.m./Early Release 10:25 p.m.
Boys Golf @ WYL Mini Tournament/Early Release 11:30 a.m.
Track & Field WYL Championships/Early Release 2:00 p.m.
Boys Tennis CIF @ Bakersfield High School/Early Release 2:00 p.m.
1. RHS FOOTBALL PARENTS: Our PARENT NIGHT is scheduled for Monday May 8th. This is a MANDATORY MEETING for parents/guardians of 2017 players. The meeting will be located in the RHS Gym. JV/Varsity Meeting is 6:00 p.m., Freshman Meeting is 7:00 p.m. We will be covering all information for the new football season, including spirit/team dinner sign-ups. The Football Boosters are hosting free shaved ice for attendees. Hope to see everyone there.
2. 7th ANNUAL HANDBALL TOURNAMENT will be held on May 10th and May 11th during lunch at the handball courts. If interested please sign up with Campus Supervisor Rod Crissmore.
3. PROM TICKETS will go on sale starting May 8th - May 11th, before school, during lunch and after school; Friday May 12th before school and TICKET SALES WILL END AT 1:00 p.m. with NO EXCEPTIONS!! Tickets are $25.00 with ASB sticker; $35.00 without ASB sticker and $45.00 at the door; these are single ticket prices. Guest Passes are required if you are bringing a guest from another district other than VUSD. Also, If you are bringing an underclassman you need to fill out a separate form in order to purchase your tickets.
4. Important GIRLS WRESTLING MEETING Wednesday May 10th in Room 35 at lunch. This meeting is for current wrestlers and those who are interested in joining the girls wrestling team next year. We will be discussing: next season, physicals, camps and a variety of other items. See you there!
5. ANIMATION CLUB: Wednesday May 10th please stop by to cast your vote during lunch or after school, we will have elections for next year's officers.
1. SUPER HERO LUNCHEON FOR OUR TEACHERS AND STAFF ON MAY 5th: Please help PTSA show how much we appreciate all of the hard work our teachers and staff do every day to benefit our students. We have over 100 people we'd like to thank so we need as many parents as possible to help out. We need fruit, veggies, salads, desserts, and helping hands to make this luncheon successful. Don't know what to give? You can also make a monetary donation toward this luncheon. Please contact Alicia Olsen at 559/731-0723 and let her know how you'd like to help.
2. Seniors- the end is near! Now is the time to complete the "Future Plans" survey for the yearbook, so we can create the college map for the 2017 yearbook. We want to know where you are going, what your plans are! Please complete the form by this Friday (May 5th) at bit.ly/rhs17seniorinfo. Use your vusd.us login to access the form.
3. Attention Redwoodians, Poets on the Plaza is happening this Friday night, May 5th! Yes, you heard right, a night of entertainment and literary shenanigans right here in front of our own Ranger Hall. Fresno Poetess and Force of Nature Aideed Medina will be performing, Writing on the Walls finalists will be reading their work, there will be food for sale and art on display. What more could you want to kick off your weekend? 5-7, in front of Ranger Hall , only $3.00 for students with ID and $5.oo general admission. Come support some starving writers and artists.
4. BUFF BALL is Friday May 5th at 5:00 p.m.
5. SENIOR ART SHOW - Come support Fionn Nankervis, Lauryn Gaines, and Benecia Avenida at their senior art show "Remembering Prudence" at Café 210 on Friday May 5th from 6:00 - 8:00 p.m.
6. The AVID PROGRAM YARD SALE has been moved to May 6th. If you are looking to donate clothing, small appliances, kitchenware, accessories, etc., AVID students will be happy to take those items off your hands! You can drop off your items in Room 103 or find an AVID student and have them deliver it to this classroom. All proceeds will go towards the AVID Senior Scholarship. Thank you for your support!
7. STAFF DEVELOPMENT DAY on Monday May 8th. Students released at 1:53 p.m. Bell schedule will be in bulletin on that day.
8. BAND CONCERT will be on Tuesday May 9th at 7:00 p.m. at the LJ Williams Theatre.
1. Interested in photography? Investigating, reporting, writing? Or just want to be a part of something big, deeply ingrained in the Redwood culture? Help to create the 2018 yearbook, something that will be held onto and treasured by Redwood students for decades to come. Get an application for the yearbook staff from your counselor or from Mr. Feehan in room 40/41. Applications will be accepted through Tuesday, May 9th.
10. The REDWOOD GIRLS SOCCER TEAM will be presented with their Central Section Championship rings, during a lunch time ceremony, in the Quad, on Wednesday May 10th. Please plan to join us, as we recognize this great accomplishment.
11. SPRING SPORTS RECOGNITION ASSEMBLY will be on Thursday May 11th.
12. Come support fellow students and watch the first ever all high school TRASHION SHOW - a runway show featuring outfit designs made from entirely recyclable materials! The show is in the Redwood Gym on Friday May 12th from 7:00 - 8:00 p.m. ($3 general admission, $2 student admission). See Mrs. Yates or Mr. Harris for more details!
13. PROM is on Saturday May 13th from 8:00 - 11:00 p.m. at the Visalia Convention Center.
14. DRAMA ONE ACTS May 15-18th at 7:00 p.m. in the Rotary Theatre.
15. It's time for the ANNUAL ATHLETIC PHYSICAL CLINIC! It will be held on Tuesday May 16th in the RHS Gym. Athletic Physicals are required for every student planning on playing in sports during the 2017-2018 school year. This is a chance to have it done at school for a low cost of $2.00. Physical packets can now be picked up from the Nurse's Office. Completed packets and $2.00 must be turned in by Friday May 12th to the School Nurse. LATE SIGNUPS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
16. GRAD NITE on Friday May 19th at Disneyland.
1. PTSA MEETINGS will be May 22nd in the Redwood Library at 5:30 p.m.
2. Redwood will be launching a Tardy Pilot Program to address students out of class. The purpose of the Pilot Program is to promote academic success and deter students from being tardy to class or out of class without permission. Students must have an appropriate pass to be out of class or late to class. Examples of an appropriate pass will include: teacher-provided Redwood pass and Redwood counseling, attendance, office, or nurse passes). Any student without an appropriate pass will have their ID scanned and/or name taken down. Consequences for being out of class without permission will be loss of off campus lunch privileges and/or an assigned detention. This Pilot Program will begin TODAY and will end on Friday, June 2nd.
19. PSAT SPRING TEST SCORES AND BOOKLETS are in the Counseling Office to pick up. If you have any questions, please see Mr. Matta.
1. The HIGH SCHOOL ATTENDANCE INCENTIVE PROGRAM - "It's COOL TO GO TO SCHOOL" - is back! Any student with PERFECT ATTENDANCE this year is automatically entered into the drawing for a new Nissan Versa, courtesy of the Groppetti Automotive Family. There are two way to achieve PERFECT ATTENDANCE this year; please visit your Attendance Office for contest rules."
1. SENIORS: REMINDER, in order to participate in graduation in June, YOU MUST HAVE A 94% attendance rate on graduation day. There are only 3 Saturday School Dates remaining this school year! Plan to attend if you know you are in danger of falling below the 94% attendance rate. Please continue to communicate with the Redwood attendance office to check your status.
Secretary Student Services/Activities
Redwood High School
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 5189 bytes
More information about the RHS-Bulletin