Daily Bulletin 5/24/17
lhayslett at visalia.k12.ca.us
Tue May 23 15:15:12 PDT 2017
REDWOOD HIGH SCHOOL [cid:image001.jpg at 01D2D3D7.5FC79370]
1. ATTENTION 2017-2018 AP LANGUAGE & COMPOSITION STUDENTS: You have 4 days to check out your summer read books from the Library, no more no less. These titles will be available TODAY - Friday May 26th.
1. The South Valley Regional Champion REDWOOD COLORGUARD will have workshops TODAY from 5:00 - 7:00 p.m. for those interested in joining Colorguard performing and traveling with Ranger Band.
3. AP CHEMISTRY STUDENTS for 2017-2018 next year: There is a MEETING during lunch TODAY in Room 95. I will provide information about the course and you will receive the summer assignment.
4. Important GIRLS WRESTLING MEETING TODAY at lunch in Room 35. We will be going over camps, summer program, and fundraising. Bring your lunch with you.
5. GIRLS GOLF INFORMATION MEETING will take place TODAY during lunch in the Fitness Center. Coach deAsis will discuss the 2017-2018 program.
SPORTS TODAY/EARLY RELEASES:
Baseball @ CIF Playoffs 4:30 p.m./Early Release 1:15 p.m.
1. "The fat lady is singing." "It's all over but the crying." "This is the last round-up." Yep, 'dems' da metaphors you can latch onto to celebrate REDWOOD'S ROBOTIC CLUB'S final MEETING of the millennium. Join this "round table" of roboticists on May 30th in Room 89 during lunch for our final pot-luck of the semester. Round Table pizza has endorsed this message. Don't come late or...
2. Those interested in participating in the Fall Play, NEVERMORE, or the All School Musical, SEUSSICAL THE MUSICAL, should come to an informational MEETING Tuesday May 30th at lunch in the Drama Room 15 at Sierra Vista Campus.
3. STAFF TENNIS TOURNAMENT against the Boys JV Team. Friday May 26th starting at 3:30 p.m. Any staff interested please contact Virgil Madruga.
4. Taking ENGLISH 2 HONORS next year? Lunch MEETING in Room 208 on Thursday May 25th and meeting will cover summer reads and more. Google Classroom code for summer reads: eoy5af. Questions? See Mr. Cain Room 205, Miss Saputo Room 208 or Mrs. Feehan Room 202.
1. Planning to take AP ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE (APES) next year? Come to the informational MEETING Thursday May 25th in Mr. White's Room 96 from 3:30 - 3:45 p.m. to pick up the summer assignment, Google Classroom Code and signature pages due before school is out. See you there!
2. MANDATORY MEETING at lunch in Room 30 Thursday May 25thfor all SOPHOMORES taking AP US HISTORY NEXT YEAR. We will be discussing summer reading assignments and class expectations. See Mr. Vieira in Room 30 if you have questions.
3. FROZEN FRIDAY on March 26th. Snow cones will be sold after school by the RHS Gym. Cost is $3 - $7, and proceeds help benefit the GIRLS WRESTLING TEAM!
4. SPRING CHOIR SHOW will be on Friday May 26th in the LJ Williams Theatre at 7:00 p.m.
5. MEMORIAL DAY HOLIDAY on Monday May 29th; NO SCHOOL.
6. FINALS SCHEDULE for 9th, 10th, 11th GRADES: Wednesday May 31st Periods 0,1,2; Thursday June 1st Periods 0,3,4; Friday June 2nd Periods 5,6. LAST DAY OF SCHOOL IS JUNE 2nd!
1. Redwood will be launching a Tardy Pilot Program to address students out of class. The purpose of the Pilot Program is to promote academic success and deter students from being tardy to class or out of class without permission. Students must have an appropriate pass to be out of class or late to class. Examples of an appropriate pass will include: teacher-provided Redwood pass and Redwood counseling, attendance, office, or nurse passes). Any student without an appropriate pass will have their ID scanned and/or name taken down. Consequences for being out of class without permission will be loss of off campus lunch privileges and/or an assigned detention. This Pilot Program will end on Friday, June 2nd.
2. Planning on taking AP LANGUAGE & COMPOSITION (AP Junior English) next year? Please join the classroom to access the summer reading assignment. The Google Classroom Code is: 8abtoa. Or...if you have questions, or want to pick up a hard copy of the assignment, come see Ms. Audino in Room 204 or Mrs. Moore in Ranger Hall Room 203.
9. JUNIORS who plan to take AP LITERATURE next year, there is a summer reading assignment and you need it! If you didn't get a copy during a class visit you can get a copy from your AP Language or American Literature teacher or from Miss Link in Room 101. Copies will also be available on the Redwood website, the English Department website and through your counselor. If you have any questions about the summer assignment, please contact one of the instructors, either Miss link: mlink at vusd.or<mailto:mlink at vusd.or> or Mr. Miller: nmiller at vusd.org<mailto:nmiller at vusd.org>. If you need the novels a limited number are available for checkout at the library. Don't miss out on this opportunity to get well launched in your senior English experience.
1. CSF POTENTIAL LIFETIME SENIORS: IF YOU NEED THIS SEMESTER IN ORDER TO QUALIFY FOR LIFETIME MEMBERSHIP, YOU ARE REQUIRED TO see Mrs. Cheatwood at 7:00 a.m. in Room 108 on June 2nd to attain verification of your status and to receive your lifetime certificate. If you have any questions, email Mrs. Cheatwood at gcheatwood at vusd.org<mailto:gcheatwood at vusd.org>.
2. SENIOR COLLEGE WALL: Complete the Post High School Survey to provide your information for our Senior College Wall and inspire your fellow Rangers. See Mrs. Jauregui if you have any questions.
3. ATTENTION ALL SENIORS! FINAL COLLEGE TRANSCRIPTS: You must sign up to have your final transcripts sent to a college! Come into the Counseling Office and sign up on the Final College Transcript sign-up sheet. You will need to provide the correct address.
4. SENIORS FINALS SCHEDULE: Tuesday May 30th Period 5,6; Wednesday May 31st Periods 0,1,2; Thursday June 1st Periods 0.3.4.
5. 2017 GRADUATION will be on Friday June 2nd, 7:30 p.m. in the Mineral King Bowl.
Secretary Student Services/Activities
Redwood High School
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 5189 bytes
More information about the RHS-Bulletin