Daily Bulletin 11/13/17
lhayslett at visalia.k12.ca.us
Thu Nov 9 15:22:32 PST 2017
REDWOOD HIGH SCHOOL [cid:image001.jpg at 01D3596E.902AE040]
STAFF DEVELOPMENT DAY TODAY:
Period 0 7:18 a.m. - 7:52 a.m.
Collaboration 8:00 A.M. - 9:00 A.M.
Period 1 9:06 a.m. - 9:40 a.m.
Period 2 9:49 a.m. - 10:26 a.m.
Period 3 10:35 a.m. - 11:09 a.m.
Period 4 11:18 a.m. - 11:52 a.m.
Lunch 11:52 a.m. - 12:27 p.m.
Period 5 12:36 p.m. - 1:10 p.m.
Period 6 1:19 p.m. - 1:53 p.m.
SPORTS TODAY/EARLY RELEASES:
1. BAND BOOSTER MEETING Tuesday, November 14th from 6:00 -7:00pm (Band Room). This meeting is for ALL parents who have a child in band or color guard. We will be discussing IMPORTANT fundraising and upcoming trips. We need your help or these events will not be possible. Come join us and be a part of an exciting group of parents who work hard at providing our kids with a life changing experience.
2. The ASVAB TEST will be held at Redwood on Wednesday November 15th from 8:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. in the Upstairs Library. Signups will be in the Counseling Office.
3. Are you interested in a future with the military? The ASVAB is a multiple-aptitude battery (assessment) that measures developed abilities and helps predict future academic and occupational success in the military. The ASVAB TEST will be held at Redwood on Wednesday, November 15th from 8:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. in the Upstairs Library. If you are interested, sign up in the Counseling Office with Mrs. Hayslett (lhayslett at vusd.org<mailto:lhayslett at vusd.org>).
4. SCHOOLWIDE THANKSGIVING FOOD DRIVE: Starting today, CSF CLUB is sponsoring a food drive to benefit the Visalia Emergency Aide. Please bring nonperishable and unexpired goods to Room 108 by November 15th. Suggestions include: Flour, sugar, canned goods, rice, beans, bottled water, boxed cereal, etc. LET'S SHARE OUR BLESSINGS with others!
5. FALL SPORTS RECOGNITION ASSEMBLY will be held on Friday November 17th. Bell schedule will be in the bulletin on that date.
6. Remember to continue to monitor your grades on PowerSchool, complete missing assignments if needed and attend tutoring in the Library if you need help with your academics. Ms. Ashford still working on calling students in to review your junior transcript and discuss plans for after high school. We have about six weeks left in the semester, continue to work hard and ask for help if you need it! I look forward to seeing you soon!
7. THANKSGIVING HOLIDAYS Monday November 20th thru Friday November 24th. NO SCHOOL!
1. CSF Michelson Memorial Award: Amount: $1,000.00 Criteria: 800-1000 word essay to prompt, must be a current active CSF Member and be a SENIOR this year Application Process: go to https://csf-cjsf.org/csf-awards/ Due Date: December 22nd.
2. It's never too early to start thinking about the application process for four year colleges! Although you won't start applying until next year, it's important to start planning now. I encourage you to join clubs, participate in community service and begin to think about the personal insight questions on college applications. Listed below is a link to the UC personal insight questions. An example of how to prepare now is to review the questions...Describe an example of your leadership experience in which you have positively influenced others, helped resolve disputes or contributed to group efforts over time...If you have not had an opportunity to serve as a leader in some sort of capacity, think about what you can do this year to gain some experience. It can be with a family experience, community service, school, a job, or church activity. Visit the link below and review the other questions! UC Personal Insight Questions<http://admission.universityofcalifornia.edu/how-to-apply/personal-questions/freshman/index.html>
3. VFW Voice of Democracy Scholarship Contest
Amount: $5,000 Criteria: A 3 minute to 5 minute original written essay and then recorded on audio tape. Application Process: apply at www.vfw.org<https://app.wizehive.com/appform/login/vfw>
Deadline: November 15
4. College of the Sequoias Scholarship Application
Amount: Varies. Application Process: Apply at https://cos.scholarships.ngwebsolutions.com/CMXAdmin/Cmx_Content.aspx?cpId=496
5. Deadline: November 27
Elk's National Foundation Most Valuable Student
Amount: $1,000-$12,500 per year
Criteria: Must be a U.S. citizen and have a financial need; open to high school seniors who exhibit leadership qualities
Application Process: Apply at www.elks.org<http://www.elks.org/ENF/scholars/mvs.cfm>
Deadline: November 27
6. CSF Michelson Memorial Award: Amount: $1,000.00 Criteria: 800-1000 word essay to prompt, must be a current active CSF Member and be a SENIOR this year Application Process: go to https://csf-cjsf.org/csf-awards/ Due Date: December 22nd.
Secretary Student Services/Activities
Redwood High School
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 5189 bytes
More information about the RHS-Bulletin