Daily Bulletin 10-5-17
lhayslett at visalia.k12.ca.us
Wed Oct 4 15:22:26 PDT 2017
REDWOOD HIGH SCHOOL [cid:image001.jpg at 01D33D24.969C0280]
1. HISTORY DAY will be MEETING TODAY after school until 4:20 p.m. HISTORY DAY is a competitive organization that creates a project based on student research. Students will be able to compete in the TCOE HISTORY DAY COMPETITION in the following categories: documentary, essay, exhibit, website and performance.
2. YOUNG LIBERALS CLUB MEETING TODAY: To anyone who is interested in discussing current social issues, or political events with other intellectuals, come to Room 205 during lunch. Be there or be square!
SPORTS TODAY/EARLY RELEASES:
Girls Golf @ Redwood Mini 2:00 p.m./Early Release 12:00 p.m.
Football @ Hanford-Frosh 5:00 p.m./Early Release 2:30 p.m.
Volleyball vs. Hanford 4:30 p.m.
Water Polo vs. Hanford 4:30 p.m.
1. "SOCIEDAD HONORARIA HISPANICA" MEMBERS are invited to order a SHH t-shirt this semester. They will be gray with the national SHH symbol on front. Come to Room 2 to pay your $10.00 and give your shirt size to Sra. Jimenez by October 6th. You can also email Sra. Jimenez at ajimenez at vusd.org<mailto:ajimenez at vusd.org>.
2. SATURDAY UNIVERSITY is up and running! This SATURDAY'S UNIVERSITY October 7th will be held in the Auto Shop Room 55. If you are a senior, this recovers any previous absences. Saturday University is from 8:00 a.m. - 12:15 p.m. Sign up in the Auto Shop or the Attendance Office by Friday October 6th.
3. ATTENTION JUNIORS AND SENIORS: YOUTH LEADERSHIP - STEPUP leadership and mentoring program. Want the opportunity to...visit college campuses, get a job, and get involved. Apply today for the opportunity to make a difference in your community. Application deadline is October 6th. For more information to: www.stepuptc.com<http://www.stepuptc.com> or call Cosmo at 559-713-5000. Applications are available in the Counseling Office. Space is limited.
4. BOYS SOCCER, both Varsity and JV who are not involved in a Fall Sport, will start training on October 9th at the Neighborhood Church Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 4:15 - 5:45 p.m. until October 30th.
5. We're off to the races. Or, more exactly, VEX in The Zone "races". The number one ROBOTICS CLUB in the southern San Joaquin Valley is "in the zone" so any roboticists who would like to represent Redwood on Wednesday October 11th will need to talk with Mr. Harris or Mr. Post in Redwood's Cafeteria on either Monday or Tuesday after class. Our club will be traveling to Tulare and so there are a limited number of opportunities for this event so don't be late to sign up. "Come home a winner or don't come home at all." Bam!
6. MOONLIGHT HARVEST DANCE will be on Saturday October 14th from 8:00 - 11:00 p.m. at the El Diamante Gym. Tickets will go on sale in the Finance Office Monday October 9th - Thursday October 12th before school, during lunch and after school. Friday October 13th tickets on sale before school and during lunch ONLY! No ticket sales after 1:00 p.m.!! If you have not filled out a Dance Agreement Form, please pick one up as need that form in order to purchase your tickets. If a student is bringing a student from another school, a Dance Guest Pass must be completed and turned in when purchasing tickets. $15 with ASB Sticker; $25 without ASB Sticker and $35 at the door.
7. STARDUST CHOIR CONCERT will be on Tuesday October 10th at 7:00 p.m. in the LJ Williams Theatre.
8. PSAT FEE WAIVERS: There are still a number of fee waivers available for the October 11th PSAT Test. See Mr. Matta regarding fee waiver guidelines.
9. CSF NEWS & INFO! There will be a CSF MANDATORY MEETING on Wednesday October 11th at lunch in the Band Room. Opportunities for upcoming community projects and information on the Thanksgiving Food Drive will be presented. In addition, CSF t-shirts have arrived! If you paid for one, please come by Room 108 to pick it up! We will wear our new CSF t-shirts to our meeting on October 11th to promote CSF membership! Don't miss out! Be there!
10. FRESNO STATE SMITTCAMP HONORS COLLEGE PRESENTATION: Our own Redwood alumni Jenna Miller and Adam Miller will be presenting information about Fresno State's Smittcamp Family Honors College to any interested Redwood students. The criteria for current seniors to apply is a minimum 3.8 GPA, OR ranking top 10% of graduating class, OR combined score of 1200 on SAT or ACT average score of 27. The presentation will be during 2nd period in the Cafeteria on Friday October 13th. Any interested student can sign-up in the Redwood Counseling Office if you would like to attend.
11. STAFF DEVELOPMENT DAY Monday October 16th; students release at 1:53 p.m.
12. A UCSB COLLEGE REPRESENTATIVE will be on campus Thursday October 19th during 3rd period in the upstairs library. Sign-ups will be in the Counseling Office.
13. JOIN PTSA BY OCTOBER 20th: Parent and Student Members have chance to win a 2017-2018 VAPA (Visual and Performing Arts) pass or an All Sports Pass if you join PTSA by October 20th. We will raffle off two VAPA passes and two Sport passes. Each pass will be good for admission for the winner and a guest at each event. So don't delay, join PTSA TODAY! (Passes not accepted for playoffs or tournaments and are not transferable.) Contact Johanna Washam at 308-3842 with questions.
1. Jiu jitsu is officially starting! If you are interested in participating in this sport please joing your XL intructor "Tyler Alexander, brown belt instructor from Elite Team Visalia" in the cafeteria lounger starting THIS WEEK. Jiu Jitsu will be held Monday-Friday from 3:30-5:00pm. Everyone is welcome!
Secretary Student Services/Activities
Redwood High School
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 5189 bytes
More information about the RHS-Bulletin