Daily Bulletin 10-9-17
lhayslett at visalia.k12.ca.us
Fri Oct 6 14:54:52 PDT 2017
REDWOOD HIGH SCHOOL [cid:image001.jpg at 01D33EB3.10C7BD30]
1. INTRODUCTION TO ROBOTICS 101 (ME-101), TODAY thru Thursday October 12th from 3:30 - 5:00 p.m. This is an upper level MECHANICAL ENGINEERING CLUB, i.e. Redwood Robotics Club and is open to all high school students in VUSD. Underclassmen may participate on a regular basis once they have demonstrated proficiency in the fundamentals of mechanical engineering. The framework upon which this club is based is VEX EDR robotics. The purpose of this STEM CLUB is the designing, building and troubleshooting VEX robots to participate in the National VEX competition. This is a self-directed class under the tutelage of Mr. Post (CV upon request).
2. BOYS SOCCER, both Varsity and JV who are not involved in a Fall Sport, will start training TODAY at the Neighborhood Church Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 4:15 - 5:45 p.m. until October 30th.
SPORTS TODAY/EARLY RELEASES:
Girls Tennis @ Mt. Whitney 4:00 p.m./Early Release 2:15 p.m.
Girls Golf @ Hanford West 2:00 p.m./Early Release 11:30 a.m.
1. A friendly reminder that fall applications for the "SOCIEDAD HONORARIA HISPANICA" are due on Wednesday October 18th...see your current Spanish teacher or email Sra. Jimenez at ajimenez at vusd.org<mailto:ajimenez at vusd.org> if you have any questions.
2. SCIENCE OLYMPIAD will meet to test in your subject area Thursday October 12th at 3:30 p.m. in Room 92 with Mrs. Stuller and Ms. Laufer. If you cannot attend, please see either teacher or schedule a time or you will be ineligible for the Olympiad Team.
3. Seniors! Only 8% of your class has signed up for the Financial Aid Application Workshop that will be held on October 24th, 2017 at 5pm. Please register for this workshop as soon as possible. All students who are registered and complete the online exit survey the day of the workshop, will be entered to win a GradNite ticket. Don't wait, sign up today. https://cash4college.csac.ca.gov/Home/showWorkshopDetail?id=2163
4. ATTENTION SENIORS: CSU Application Workshop will take place on Thursday, October 12th. To sign up come into the Counseling Office or sign up via email. It is important you sign up if you are interested in attending a California State University.
1. Calling all writers, wanna be writers, wanna write but you never have timeers or people who just like hanging out with creative people, RED INK is MEETING in Room 103 on Tuesday October 10th during lunch. With homecoming done we're getting down to business and doing some writing. Come join us! Just to recap: Room 103, lunch Tuesday October 10th, RED INK MEETING, you should go.
2. We're off to the races. Or, more exactly, VEX in The Zone "races". The number one ROBOTICS CLUB in the southern San Joaquin Valley is "in the zone" so any roboticists who would like to represent Redwood on Wednesday October 11th will need to talk with Mr. Harris or Mr. Post in Redwood's Cafeteria on either Monday or Tuesday after class. Our club will be traveling to Tulare and so there are a limited number of opportunities for this event so don't be late to sign up. "Come home a winner or don't come home at all." Bam!
3. MOONLIGHT HARVEST DANCE will be on Saturday October 14th from 8:00 - 11:00 p.m. at the El Diamante Gym. Tickets will go on sale in the Finance Office Monday October 9th - Thursday October 12th before school, during lunch and after school. Friday October 13th tickets on sale before school and during lunch ONLY! No ticket sales after 1:00 p.m.!! If you have not filled out a Dance Agreement Form, please pick one up as need that form in order to purchase your tickets. If a student is bringing a student from another school district, a Dance Guest Pass must be completed and turned in when purchasing tickets. $15 with ASB Sticker; $25 without ASB Sticker and $35 at the door.
4. STARDUST CHOIR CONCERT will be on Tuesday October 10th at 7:00 p.m. in the LJ Williams Theatre.
5. PSAT FEE WAIVERS: There are still a number of fee waivers available for the October 11th PSAT Test. See Mr. Matta regarding fee waiver guidelines.
6. CSF NEWS & INFO! There will be a CSF MANDATORY MEETING on Wednesday October 11th at lunch in the Band Room. Opportunities for upcoming community projects and information on the Thanksgiving Food Drive will be presented. In addition, CSF t-shirts have arrived! If you paid for one, please come by Room 108 to pick it up! We will wear our new CSF t-shirts to our meeting on October 11th to promote CSF membership! Don't miss out! Be there!
7. FRESNO STATE SMITTCAMP HONORS COLLEGE PRESENTATION: Our own Redwood alumni Jenna Miller and Adam Miller will be presenting information about Fresno State's Smittcamp Family Honors College to any interested Redwood students. The criteria for current seniors to apply is a minimum 3.8 GPA, OR ranking top 10% of graduating class, OR combined score of 1200 on SAT or ACT average score of 27. The presentation will be during 2nd period in the Cafeteria on Friday October 13th. Any interested student can sign-up in the Redwood Counseling Office if you would like to attend.
8. STAFF DEVELOPMENT DAY Monday October 16th; students release at 1:53 p.m.
9. A UCSB COLLEGE REPRESENTATIVE will be on campus Thursday October 19th during 3rd period in the upstairs library. Sign-ups will be in the Counseling Office.
10. JOIN PTSA BY OCTOBER 20th: Parent and Student Members have chance to win a 2017-2018 VAPA (Visual and Performing Arts) pass or an All Sports Pass if you join PTSA by October 20th. We will raffle off two VAPA passes and two Sport passes. Each pass will be good for admission for the winner and a guest at each event. So don't delay, join PTSA TODAY! (Passes not accepted for playoffs or tournaments and are not transferable.) Contact Johanna Washam at 308-3842 with questions.
Secretary Student Services/Activities
Redwood High School
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 5189 bytes
More information about the RHS-Bulletin