Daily Bulletin 10-12-17

Hayslett, Lorei lhayslett at visalia.k12.ca.us
Wed Oct 11 15:55:41 PDT 2017

REDWOOD HIGH SCHOOL             [cid:image001.jpg at 01D342A9.640323F0]
BULLETIN
10/12/17

TODAY:

1.       INTRODUCTION TO ROBOTICS 101 (ME-101), TODAY from 3:30 - 5:00 p.m.   This is an upper level MECHANICAL ENGINEERING CLUB, i.e. Redwood Robotics Club and is open to all high school students in VUSD.  Underclassmen may participate on a regular basis once they have demonstrated proficiency in the fundamentals of mechanical engineering.  The framework upon which this club is based is VEX EDR robotics.  The purpose of this STEM CLUB is the designing, building and troubleshooting VEX robots to participate in the National VEX competition.  This is a self-directed class under the tutelage of Mr. Post (CV upon request).

2.       MOONLIGHT HARVEST DANCE will be on Saturday October 14th from 8:00 - 11:00 p.m. at the El Diamante Gym.  Tickets will go on sale in the Finance Office TODAY-before school, during lunch and after school.  Friday October 13th tickets on sale before school and during lunch ONLY!  No ticket sales after 1:00 p.m.!!  If you have not filled out a Dance Agreement Form, please pick one up as need that form in order to purchase your tickets.  If a student is bringing a student from another school district, a Dance Guest Pass must be completed and turned in when purchasing tickets.  $15 with ASB Sticker; $25 without ASB Sticker and $35 at the door.

3.       Want to COMPETE with FBLA?  MANDATORY MEETING TODAY at lunch in Room 74.  #WinValley #JoinTheTradition

4.       SCIENCE OLYMPIAD will meet to test in your subject area TODAY at 3:30 p.m. in Room 92 with Mrs. Stuller and Ms. Laufer.  If you cannot attend, please see either teacher or schedule a time or you will be ineligible for the Olympiad Team.

5.       HEY GREEN THUMBS!  TODAY we will have a GREEN CLUB MEETING to discuss t-shirts and throw out ideas to beautify our campus!  See you in Room 33 TODAY at lunch!
SPORTS TODAY/EARLY RELEASES:
Volleyball vs. Lemoore 4:30 p.m.
Water Polo vs. Lemoore 4:30 p.m.
NEW ANNOUNCEMENT:

1.       CALLING ALL RANGERS!  RISE EARLY AND JOIN BLUE CREW FOR AN EARLY MORNING!  ABC 30 Action News will be at Redwood on October 20th at 5:15 a.m. to start the hype about the football game!  Show off your Ranger Pride with Redwood gear, and come support our boys against the green school across town!  It's going to be awesome!

2.       COME SUPPORT YOUR RANGER BAND!  Saturday October 14th is the Visalia Band Review (10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.  Ranger Band & Color Guard:  Need to arrive at 8:30 a.m. in uniform.  Band Parents:  We would appreciate donations of water and any, non-perishable, snack items.  You can drop off at the Band Room on Saturday.  Thank you for your continued support!

3.       IT's FAFSA TIME!  November 4th at College of the Sequoias from 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.  For more information call 559-497-3862.

4.       CSF SCHOOLWIDE BOOK DRIVE!  Do you own a hardcover book that is like new?  Why not donate it to the Redwood Library?  For the rest of October, bring your like-new hardcover books to Room 108 by October 31st!  Let's give back to our high school and share our good reads with others!

5.       ATTENTION ALL PRO-MED CLUB MEMBERS!  Pro-MED Club will not be meeting Monday October 16th as it is a Minimum Day.  Instead, Pro-MED Club will be MEETING on Monday October 23rd at 3:30 p.m. in Room 94.  If you have any questions, please stop by the XL Office located in the upstairs Library.

6.       Bonjour mes amis!  FRENCH CLUB MEETING Friday October 13th and we will be discussing our club shirt.  Come join us!

7.       CHRISTIANS IN ACTION (CIA) will be MEETING in Room 70 on Monday October 16th during lunch.  See you there!
PREVIOUS ANNOUNCEMENTS:

1.       FRESNO STATE SMITTCAMP HONORS COLLEGE PRESENTATION:  Our own Redwood alumni Jenna Miller and Adam Miller will be presenting information about Fresno State's Smittcamp Family Honors College to any interested Redwood students.  The criteria for current seniors to apply is a minimum 3.8 GPA, OR ranking top 10% of graduating class, OR combined score of 1200 on SAT or ACT average score of 27.  The presentation will be during 2nd period in the Cafeteria on Friday October 13th.  Any interested student can sign-up in the Redwood Counseling Office if you would like to attend.

2.       This SATURDAY's UNIVERSITY October 14th will be held with the following teachers:  Lapp: (dance room), Bardonnex (dance room), Cos (auto shop), Oliveira (math room 71), Cravins (Drivers Ed room 41), Jurica (Am Lit room 101), Wall (gym) and Moran (Drivers Ed room 35).  If you are a senior, this recovers any previous absences.  SATURDAY UNIVERSITY is from 8:00 a.m. - 12:15 p.m.  Sign up with one of the teachers listed.  Signing up before Saturday secures your space.  You run the rise of being sent home if you DO NOT sign up beforehand.

3.       STAFF DEVELOPMENT DAY Monday October 16th; students release at 1:53 p.m.

4.       A friendly reminder that fall applications for the "SOCIEDAD HONORARIA HISPANICA" are due on Wednesday October 18th...see your current Spanish teacher or email Sra. Jimenez at ajimenez at vusd.org<mailto:ajimenez at vusd.org> if you have any questions.

5.       A UCSB COLLEGE REPRESENTATIVE will be on campus Thursday October 19th during 3rd period in the upstairs library.  Sign-ups will be in the Counseling Office.

6.       JOIN PTSA BY OCTOBER 20th:  Parent and Student Members have chance to win a 2017-2018 VAPA (Visual and Performing Arts) pass or an All Sports Pass if you join PTSA by October 20th.  We will raffle off two VAPA passes and two Sport passes.  Each pass will be good for admission for the winner and a guest at each event.  So don't delay, join PTSA TODAY!  (Passes not accepted for playoffs or tournaments and are not transferable.)  Contact Johanna Washam at 308-3842 with questions.

7.       LINK CREW'S ANNUAL HAUNTED HOUSE:  It's that time of year again to scare and excite those who dare to walk the Halls of our American Horror Story.  Doors will be open October 25th at Sierra Vista from 6:30 - 8:30 p.m.  Entry is $2.00 per walk and Freshman will get one free entrance to enjoy.  We will also have food, popcorn and Carnival games for your enjoyment.  Please come out to SIERRA VISTA and have hauntingly good time!
SENIORS:

1.       Seniors! Only 8% of your class has signed up for the Financial Aid Application Workshop that will be held on October 24th, 2017 at 5pm. Please register for this workshop as soon as possible. All students who are registered and complete the online exit survey the day of the workshop, will be entered to win a GradNite ticket. Don't wait, sign up today. https://cash4college.csac.ca.gov/Home/showWorkshopDetail?id=2163

2.       ATTENTION SENIORS: CSU Application Workshop   will take place on Thursday, October 12th. To sign up come into the Counseling Office or sign up via email. It is important you sign up if you are interested in attending a California State University.
SCHOLARSHIPS:

Lorei Hayslett
Secretary Student Services/Activities
Redwood High School