Daily Bulletin 10-16-17
lhayslett at visalia.k12.ca.us
Fri Oct 13 15:10:21 PDT 2017
REDWOOD HIGH SCHOOL [cid:image001.jpg at 01D34435.63D475E0]
STAFF DEVELOPMENT DAY SCHEDULE
Period 0 7:18 a.m. - 7:52 a.m.
Collaboration 8:00 a.m. - 9:00 a.m.
Period 1 9:06 a.m. - 9:40 a.m.
Period 2 9:49 a.m. - 10:26 a.m.
Period 3 10:35 a.m. - 11:09 a.m.
Period 4 11:18 a.m. - 11:52 a.m.
Lunch 11:52 a.m. - 12:27 p.m.
Period 5 12:36 p.m. - 1:10 p.m.
Period 6 1:19 p.m. - 1:53 p.m.
1. CHRISTIANS IN ACTION (CIA) will be MEETING in Room 70 TODAY during lunch. See you there!
2. ATTENTION ALL PRO-MED CLUB MEMBERS! Pro-MED Club will not be meeting TODAY as it is a Minimum Day. Instead, Pro-MED Club will be MEETING on Monday October 23rd at 3:30 p.m. in Room 94. If you have any questions, please stop by the XL Office located in the upstairs Library.
SPORTS TODAY/EARLY RELEASES:
Volleyball vs. El Diamante 4:30 p.m.
Water Polo vs. El Diamante 4:30 p.m.
1. ATTENTION SENIOR PARENTS: There will be a FINANCIAL AID PRESENTATION being held on Tuesday October 17th at 6:00 p.m. in the Redwood High School Cafeteria. Your attendance is appreciated as there will be important information shared about how to apply for financial aid.
2. SENIORS: There will be a COS APPLICATION WORKSHOP taking place on Wednesday October 18th. Please sign up by completing the google form sent to your VUSD email.
3. The XL trip to UC SANTA BARBARA is back on! There will be a MEETING in the upstairs library at 3:30 p.m. on Wednesday October 18th. If you turned in a permission slip for the original trip and show up to the meeting, you are guaranteed a spot! See you there!
4. ATTENTION ALL PRO-MED MENTORSHIP STUDENTS! Your start date for the MENTORSHIP PROGRAM is this Wednesday October 18th! New Mentorship Students, if you have not already submitted your permission packet please do so by October 17th! On Wednesday, please stop by the upstairs library at 4:25 p.m. to grab a snack before we make our way to Kaweah Delta. If you have any questions, please stop by the XL Office upstairs in the library. See you then!
1. ATTENTION POTENTIAL SHH APPLICANTS: You have 4 school days to complete your application for the "Sociedad Honoraria Hispanica". Your application, transcript and $10.00 are due on Wednesday October 18th...see your current Spanish teacher or email Sra. Jimenez at ajimenez at vusd.org<mailto:ajimenez at vusd.org> if you have any questions.
2. A UCSB COLLEGE REPRESENTATIVE will be on campus Thursday October 19th during 3rd period in the upstairs library. Sign-ups will be in the Counseling Office.
3. CALLING ALL RANGERS! RISE EARLY AND JOIN BLUE CREW FOR AN EARLY MORNING! ABC 30 Action News will be at Redwood on October 20th at 5:15 a.m. to start the hype about the football game! Show off your Ranger Pride with Redwood gear, and come support our boys against the green school across town! It's going to be awesome!
4. JOIN PTSA BY OCTOBER 20th: Parent and Student Members have chance to win a 2017-2018 VAPA (Visual and Performing Arts) pass or an All Sports Pass if you join PTSA by October 20th. We will raffle off two VAPA passes and two Sport passes. Each pass will be good for admission for the winner and a guest at each event. So don't delay, join PTSA TODAY! (Passes not accepted for playoffs or tournaments and are not transferable.) Contact Johanna Washam at 308-3842 with questions.
5. LINK CREW'S ANNUAL HAUNTED HOUSE: It's that time of year again to scare and excite those who dare to walk the Halls of our American Horror Story. Doors will be open October 25th at Sierra Vista from 6:30 - 8:30 p.m. Entry is $2.00 per walk and Freshman will get one free entrance to enjoy. We will also have food, popcorn and Carnival games for your enjoyment. Please come out to SIERRA VISTA and have hauntingly good time!
6. CSF SCHOOLWIDE BOOK DRIVE! Do you own a hardcover book that is like new? Why not donate it to the Redwood Library? For the rest of October, bring your like-new hardcover books to Room 108 by October 31st! Let's give back to our high school and share our good reads with others!
7. IT's FAFSA TIME! November 4th at College of the Sequoias from 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. For more information call 559-497-3862.
1. Seniors! Only 8% of your class has signed up for the Financial Aid Application Workshop that will be held on October 24th, 2017 at 5pm. Please register for this workshop as soon as possible. All students who are registered and complete the online exit survey the day of the workshop, will be entered to win a GradNite ticket. Don't wait, sign up today. https://cash4college.csac.ca.gov/Home/showWorkshopDetail?id=2163
Secretary Student Services/Activities
Redwood High School
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 5189 bytes
More information about the RHS-Bulletin