Daily Bulletin 11/1/17

Hayslett, Lorei lhayslett at visalia.k12.ca.us
Tue Oct 31 15:13:40 PDT 2017

REDWOOD HIGH SCHOOL             [cid:image001.jpg at 01D3525A.D57A6960]
BULLETIN
11/1/17

TODAY:

1.       COWHIDE DRESS UP DAYS:  TODAY:  Winning Wednesday (Sports Day); 11/2:  Throwback Thursday; 11/3:  Can't Hide Our Ranger Pride (Spirit).

2.       GIRLS BASKETBALL TRYOUTS will be TODAY thru Thursday November 2nd at Ridgeview Middle School from 6:30 - 8:30 p.m.

3.       Alright you Robot Rangers, this is our Second Competition.  As Oliver Perry said, during the battle of Lake Erie; "We have met the enemy and they are ours. "  Get your permission forms from Mr. Post to make this event.  We will meet and conquer the "enemy" TODAY.  There are a limited number of seats so don't dally.
SPORTS TODAY/EARLY RELEASES:
Girls Tennis - CIF Playoffs/Early Release 2:15 p.m.
NEW ANNOUNCEMENT:

1.       CONGRATULATIONS to the REDWOOD RANGER MARCHING BAND & COLORGUARD for their Outstanding Performances at the Selma Band Review last Saturday!  They took Grand Sweepstakes, Field Sweepstakes, 1st in Music, Visual, and General Effect for field over all the Band, Colorguard took 1st in their division, Band placed 3rd in Parade, 1st in Parade music score over all the bands, Drumline placed 3rd for their street show, and Kristina Campbell took first for Open Drum Major.

2.       COWHIDE TICKETS ARE ON SALE TODAY thru Thursday November 2nd from 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.; NO TICKETS SALES in the office on Friday November 3rd!!!  Tickets are $6.00 for adults, $4.00 for students and senior citizens.  ALL STUDENTS that plan on going to the game need to purchase a ticket - your ASB STICKER will not let you in free!  GATES OPEN AT 5:00 p.m. on Friday November 3rd.

3.       SATURDAY UNIVERSITY will be held on Saturday November 4th in Room 75 (Henshaw - Video) and the Auto Shop (Cox).  If you are a senior, this recovers any previous absences.  SATURDAY UNIVERSITY is from 8:00 a.m. - 12:15 p.m.  Sign up in Room 75, Auto Shop or the Attendance Office by Friday November 3rd.

4.       STAFF DEVELOPMENT DAY Monday November 13th; students released at 1:53 p.m.

5.       FALL SPORTS RECOGNITION ASSEMBLY will be held on Friday November 17th.  Bell schedule will be in the bulletin on that date.

6.       Pro-MED MENTORSHIP STUDENTS!  All permission slips are due this Friday November 3rd by 5:00 p.m.  Next Pro-MED CLUB MEETING is November 6th we will be meeting in the upstairs Library at 3:30 p.m.  For this meeting, you will need a permission slip as we are walking to Kaweah Delta for a HIPPA Compliance Lecture.  Stop by the XL Office located in the upstairs library if you have not picked up a permission slip.
PREVIOUS ANNOUNCEMENTS:

1.       COWHIDE ASSEMBLY will be on Friday November 3rd; bell schedule to be in the bulletin on that day.

2.       IT's FAFSA TIME!  November 4th at College of the Sequoias from 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.  For more information call 559-497-3862.

3.       IMPORTANT MANDATORY CSF MEETING FOR ALL MEMBERS on November 7th at lunch in the Band Room.  ATTENDANCE WILL BE TAKEN!  There will be a special speaker, opportunities to sign up for Kaweah Oaks Preserve Clean-Up and the Thanksgiving Food Drive, info on CSF scholarships for 2018, a survey, drawings for prizes, and great food!  Don't miss out on being an active member.  Seniors, this is especially important for you!

4.       FRESNO PACIFIC REPRESENTATIVE will be on campus Wednesday November 8th during 3rd period in the Upstairs Library.  Sign-ups in the Counseling Office.

5.       The ASVAB TEST will be held at Redwood on Wednesday November 15th from 8:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. in the Upstairs Library.  Signups will be in the Counseling Office.

6.       Attention girls interested in playing softball for the Rangers in the spring, Tryouts for Varsity and JV teams for girls NOT in a winter sport will be the week after Thanksgiving, Nov. 27 - Dec. 1. You will need to be cleared to play, first. Currently, we are conditioning on Mondays & Wednesdays from 3:40 to 5pm. Pass the word if you know of girls who are interested. If you have questions see Coach Sanchez in room 201 or Coach Rooney in room 56.
SENIORS:
SCHOLARSHIPS:

Lorei Hayslett
Secretary Student Services/Activities