Daily Bulletin 9-19-17

Hayslett, Lorei lhayslett at visalia.k12.ca.us
Mon Sep 18 15:17:20 PDT 2017

REDWOOD HIGH SCHOOL             [cid:image001.jpg at 01D33091.38C1EA20]
BULLETIN
9/19/17

TODAY:

1.       MATH CLUB MEETING TODAY during lunch in Room 10 at Sierra Vista Campus.

2.       SEUSSICAL THE MUSICAL IS COMING!  All those interested in auditioning for the All School Musical need to attend a MANDATORY DRAMA CLUB MEETING TODAY at lunch in the Drama Room.  Audition materials will be passed out, and questions answered!  Come be a part of this amazing show and make new friends too!  EVERYONE WELCOME!  No prior knowledge needed to audition.

3.       XL WEIGHT LIFTING has officially started!  If you would like to participate, please join Mr. Cole in the weightlifting room Monday through Thursday from 3:30 - 5:30 p.m.

4.       "SOCIEDAD HONORARIA HISPANICA" MEMBERS who wish to work on this year's Homecoming entry, please meet in Room 2 after school TODAY to plan out the design.

5.       9th and 10th GRADES ONLY:  This message is from the REDWOOD COUNSELING DEPARTMENT.  We would like to invite you to our 9th and 10th GRADE PARENT NIGHT TONIGHT AT 6:00 P.M. IN THE Redwood Cafeteria.  We will be sharing information on graduation requirements and other resources available at Redwood High School.  Hope to see you there!
SPORTS TODAY/EARLY RELEASES:
Volleyball @ Lemoore 4:30 p.m./Early Release 2:30 p.m.
Water Polo @ Lemoore 4:30 p.m./Early Release 2:30 p.m.
NEW ANNOUNCEMENT:

1.       STUDENTS:  If you lose your student body card it will cost $10 to replace.  If you had an ASB STICKER on the card it will cost you an additional $30 to replace sticker.

2.       PTSA MEETING:  Don't miss our next PTSA MEETING on Monday September 25th at 5:30 p.m. in the Library.  Our guest speaker will be Assistant Superintendent Robert Groeber.  He will be updating us about facility projects we can expect to see around campus.

3.       SICENCE OLYMPIAD will be holding an INFORMATIONAL MEETING in Room 94 with Ms. Laufer and Mrs. Stuller at lunch on Wednesday September 20th!

4.       FBLA MEETING Wednesday September 20th at lunch in Room 74.  Pizza will be served.  Wanna become a member?  Go to redwoodfbla.org and click "Join us" #JoinTheTradition

5.       "SOCIEDAD HONORARIA HISPANICA" MEMBERS are invited to order a SHH t-shirt this semester.  They will be gray with the national SHH symbol on front.  Come to Room 2 to pay your $10.00 and give your shirt size to Sra. Jimenez by October 6th.  You can also email Sra. Jimenez at ajimenez at vusd.org<mailto:ajimenez at vusd.org>.

6.       Students, are you considering a career as a doctor? Take the first step by applying to the Pro-MED Mentorship Program! In the Pro-MED Mentorship program, students will attend medical conferences at Kaweah Delta Family Medicine Clinic and have a personal Resident Physician Mentor! To apply, please stop by the XL Pro-Youth office in the library upstairs. Applications are due Friday, September 22nd! Additionally, students who take interest in medicine and science, the Pro-MED Club is open to ALL students. The Pro-MED Club will feature guest speakers, a trip to a California medical school, and information about how to become a physician. For any additional questions or information, please ask XL staff about the program in the library upstairs.

7.       Bonjour!  The FRENCH CLUB MEETING is September 22nd in Room 47 during lunch.  We will be discussing supplied needed for our float, shirt ideas, and many much more!  Hope to see you there!
PREVIOUS ANNOUNCEMENTS:

1.       UNIVERSITY OF THE PACIFIC   Wednesday September 20th during 3rd period upstairs library.  Sign-ups are in the Counseling Office.

1.       HELLO RANGERS, please make sure to turn in your LUNCH APPLICATIONS before September 21st as this is the day that all applications from last year will expire and all students that haven't turned in one will go to a paid status.

2.       Coming Soon!  The ANNUAL IMPROV SHOW in Rotary Theater on September 23rd at 7:00 p.m.  Come see RHS students working with students from the other high schools in order to bring you a night of laughs!  Tickets are $5 and can be purchased in the Drama Room from Mrs. Galvan.  Tickets will be $8 at the door!

3.       HOMECOMING ASSEMBLY will be on September 25th.  Regular Assembly schedule will be in bulletin on that date.

4.       PICTURE MAKE-UPS will be on September 27th from 11:30 a.m. - 1:10 p.m. in the library.

5.       HOMECOMING PARADE will be on September 29th and parade schedule to be in the bulletin on that date.

6.       CAL GRANT OPT OUT:  With the implementation of Assembly Bill 2160, California public high schools are required to submit a Cal Grant high school Grade Point Average (GPA) for all graduating seniors, unless the student or parent has opted out of the submission process.  If you do not want Redwood High School to report a GPA, please pick up the Opt Out Form in the Counseling Office before October 1st.

7.       ATTENTION JUNIORS AND SENIORS:  YOUTH LEADERSHIP - STEPUP leadership and mentoring program.  Want the opportunity to...visit college campuses, get a job, and get involved.  Apply today for the opportunity to make a difference in your community.  Application deadline is October 6th.  For more information to:  www.stepuptc.com<http://www.stepuptc.com> or call Cosmo at 559-713-5000.  Applications are available in the Counseling Office.  Space is limited.
SENIORS:
SCHOLARSHIPS:

Lorei Hayslett
Secretary Student Services/Activities