Daily Bulletin 4-27-18
lhayslett at visalia.k12.ca.us
Thu Apr 26 15:27:13 PDT 2018
REDWOOD HIGH SCHOOL [cid:image001.jpg at 01D3DD73.0D38F350]
BATTLE OF THE CLASSES ASSEMBLY SCHEDULE TODAY:
Period 0 7:15 a.m. - 8:03 a.m.
Period 1 8:12 a.m. - 9:00 a.m.
Period 2 9:09a.m. - 9:57 a.m.
Period 3 10:06 a.m. - 10:54 a.m.
Period 4 11:03 a.m. - 11:51 a.m.
ASSEMBLY 12:00 p.m. - 12:49 p.m.
LUNCH 12:49 p.m. - 1:23 p.m.
Period 5 1:32 p.m. - 2:20 p.m.
Period 6 2:29 a.m. - 3:17 p.m.
1. Girls DANCE TRYOUTS will be TODAY during class for dance students and lunch for anyone not currently enrolled in a dance class.
2. RHS One Acts, "Original Tales from Our Teenage Minds," will be this week! Rotary Theater! Thursday will be the Drama 1 classes, as well as a special performance from Drama 2 and 3/4. Friday and Saturday will be all Drama 2,3,4 performances! TODAY 7:00 pm and Saturday April 28th at 2 pm. Cost is $5 ahead from the drama room, or $8 at the door. A Tri tip dinner fundraiser will be held before the One Acts on Friday April 27th! 5:30 to 6:45 pm in Front of Rotary Theatre! Tri Tip sandwich, chips, and a drink for $10! Come get dinner and then stay for the show! Tix available from Mrs. Galvan in the drama room.
3. Green thumb's we will be holding a GREEN CLUB MEETING TODAY at lunch in room 33. There will be free pizza! Please come join us for upcoming projects and information about getting involved for next year. We can always use extra hands. Hope to see you there!
4. Friday Fun Fair: Link Crew is putting on a fair for you Redwood (All ages welcome)!!! TODAY from 3:30-5:30 come to the Turf and Gym to party with us. We will have Food, Games, Music, and Blowup obstacle course for your enjoyment. Wrist bands and Tickets will be sold at the event to partake in the various activities. If you would like to come out and enjoy the festivities we would love to see you.
5. The Redwood High School Aquatics Scholarship
Amount: $500 Criteria: 1. 6 seasons of aquatic participation (water polo + swimming) 2. Coach recommendation 3. Transcript and activities resume 4. Complete the Redwood High School Scholarship Application 5. Complete the attached forms-Click Here<https://docs.google.com/a/vusd.us/viewer?a=v&pid=sites&srcid=dnVzZC51c3xyZWR3b29kfGd4OjU2M2NiYWZlYmIzYzk5MDc> Deadline: TODAY
SPORTS TODAY/EARLY RELEASES:
Boys Tennis @ WYL Championship 10:00 a.m./Early Release 8:00 a.m.
Baseball @ Hanford - Varsity & JV 4:15 p.m./Early Release 2:15 p.m.
1. Choir Booster Meeting, Tuesday, May 1st from 6:00-7:00pm, in the choir room. We will be electing officers for next year. We would love to see some new faces and new ideas for the next school year! If you have a student that is in any beginning choral class and are auditioning for Ranger or Chamber, we encourage you to join us! We need YOUR help! We are planning for the Spring show. This is a fun time to get involved!
1. Ranger Band Fundraiser: JAZZ ON MAIN- Saturday, April 28th, 7:00pm - 9:30pm at the Cellar Door. Enjoy a night of wonderful jazz music - featuring RHS Jazz Band. This is a Ranger Band Boosters event and we encourage all families to attend...bring your friends and family! $15 admission fee at door (guests must be 21+). Hope to see you all there.
2. Saturday University will be running this Saturday April 28th. Students must sign up before Friday. If you are a senior, this recovers any previous absences. Saturday University is from 8:00 a.m. - 12:15 p.m. Please be on time. Classes are closed to students at 8:15. Enter through the gates between the cafeteria and auto shop. Please check with the following teachers for enrollment: Henshaw, Wall, M. Avila, Cox, and Quezada.
3. The "Sociedad Honoraria Hispánica" is pleased to announce its 2018 "Induction Ceremony" on Monday, April 30 at 6:00pm in the RHS cafeteria. This short ceremony will include certificates for new members and light refreshments. Family and friends are welcome.
1. ATTENTION current sophomores and juniors! The XL Program is now accepting applications to become a student tutor for the 2018-2019 school year! You must be 16 by the 1st day of the next school year and have a minimum GPA of a 3.0. To pick-up an application for this PAID tutoring job please visit the XL Office in the upstairs library. Applications are due May 1, 2018.
5. THE LAST CSF MANDATORY MEETING will be held in the Gym on Tuesday May 1st at lunch time. Please note the new location! Graduation info, conference reports, a new community project and the introduction of our new 2018-2019 officers are just some of the items on the agenda. Be there!
6. VAPA Show will be held May 2nd in the morning at the LJ Williams Theater. A seating schedule will be sent out prior to the date.
7. SENIORS: please fill out the yearbook post-graduation plans survey that has been emailed to you by Mr. Feehan. This is separate from the survey from the counseling office. Didn't get the email? Ask a friend for the link. This is due by Wednesday, May 2nd.
8. ACADEMIC LETTER NIGHT will be on Wednesday May 2nd at 7:00 p.m. in the LJ Williams Theater.
9. Attention sophomore and junior members of the "Sociedad Honoraria Hispánica". If you are interested in being considered for one of the officer positions for 2018-19, please see Sra. Jiménez by May 4 for a short application. You must be available for an after-school interview the week of May 7...more to follow...
10. Attention all photographers, writers, aspiring journalists, and otherwise involved Rangers looking to create something! The RHS Yearbook Staff is now taking applications for next year's staff! The yearbook is created by a class throughout the year. You will learn skills in photography, writing, interviewing, and leadership, and this will be a valuable addition to college applications and job resumes. Get an application from Mr. Feehan (Room 40) or from your counselor. Applications are due by Friday, May 4th.
11. STAFF DEVELOPMENT DAY on Monday May 7th. Students will be released at 1:53 p.m.
12. SCHOLARSHIP NIGHT will be on Tuesday May 8th at 7:00 p.m. in the Rotary Theatre.
13. It's time for the annual Athletic Physical Clinic! It will be held on Wednesday May 9th in the RHS gym. Athletic Physicals are required for every student planning on playing in sports during the 2018-19 school year. This is a chance to have it done at school for a low cost of $2. Physical packets can now be picked up from the nurse's office. Completed packets and $2 must be turned in by Friday May 4th to the school nurse. LATE SIGNUPS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
14. "Attention Freshmen, if you plan on taking AP European History as a sophomore, there will be an informational meeting on Thursday May 10th at 3:30pm in Room 30 of the Academic Building. Information being discussed will be Course Details and Requirements, Summer Assignment, and the Course Syllabus. If you cannot make the meeting, please contact Ms. Hinojosa (Rm. 38) or Mr. Orosco (Rm. 39) after May 10th for information."
15. The AP Euro INFORMATION MEETING will be May 10th at 3:30 pm in Room 30 of the Academic Building. If student's can't attend this meeting, they need to see Mr. Orosco (Rm. 39) or Ms. Hinojosa (Rm. 38) for information regarding AP Euro for the 2018-2019 school year and the 2018 Summer Assignment.
16. CSF SPONSORED SCHOOL-WIDE DRIVE: CSF Club is collecting toiletries for the Freedom House which provides help to victims of human trafficking. Bring new travel sized shampoos, soaps, toothpaste, toothbrushes, and hand sanitizers to Ranger Hall Room 108 by May 11th. If you have questions, see Kenya Ochoa or email gcheatwood at vusd.org<mailto:gcheatwood at vusd.org>. Be involved and make our community a better place!
17. Mark your calendars Rangers! VUSD Prom 2018 Una Bella Notte a Venezia "A beautiful night in Venice" is on Saturday May 12th at the Visalia Convention Center. 8-11pm. Early Photography times will be from 4-7pm, and reopen from 8-10pm. Single person tickets will be sold in the Finance Center Monday May 7th thru May 10th before school, during lunch and after school; Friday May 11th before school and during lunch ONLY! No sales after lunch! Ticket prices are: $25 w/ ASB sticker, $35 w/o ASB sticker, $45 at the door. If your date to prom is NOT currently a Junior or Senior in VUSD you must have an approved guest pass for them to purchase a ticket. Also, if your date is not a VUSD student you must have an approved guest pass in order for your guest to attend the dance. If you have NOT attended a dance this school year, you must fill out a DANCE AGREEMENT before purchasing a ticket. Guest passes and dance agreements can be picked up in the Finance Center. Make sure you fill out your guest pass ASAP!
18. Interested in running for a position in ASB? OR interested in being in ASB but not having a position? Applications can be picked up from Ms. Aguilar in Room 31. Applications are due May 4th! ASB is an extremely rewarding class where you help create awesome events for campus, and work behind the scenes on rallys, dress up weeks, and connecting all Rangers to campus! If you pick up a packet there is a MANDATORY informational meeting on Monday April 30th at lunch in Room 31 for some basic information on elections, positions, and ASB in general. Come see Ms. Aguilar if you have any questions!
1. UC ANALYTICAL WRITING PLACEMENT EXAMINATION: The University of California will administer the Analytical Writing Placement Examination (AWPE) on Saturday May 12th to students who have been admitted to a UC for Fall 2018 and have not satisfied the Entry Level Writing Requirement by other means. Comprehensive information about the entry Level Writing Requirement and the AWPE is available online at www.ucop.edu/elwr<http://www.ucop.edu/elwr>.
Secretary Student Services/Activities
Redwood High School
Secretary Student Services/Activities
Redwood High School
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 5189 bytes
More information about the RHS-Bulletin