Daily Bulletin 8/31/18

Hayslett, Lorei lhayslett at vusd.org
Thu Aug 30 15:06:45 PDT 2018

REDWOOD HIGH SCHOOL             [cid:image001.jpg at 01D44073.10E77D10]
BULLETIN
8/31/18

TODAY:

1.       Bonjour!  FRENCH CLUB MEETING TODAY at lunch in room 47!

 1.  LIVE 2 FREEE CLUB - our first MEETING will be held TODAY in Room 29 at lunch.  Please join us to hear what we have planned.
 2.  ASL CLUB MEETING TODAY during lunch in Room 205.

4.       FRESHMAN!!! HOW IS SCHOOL STARTED OUT FOR YOU? We hope well and want to kick of the Football season TODAY with a Tailgate Party just for you!! Link Crew will provide games, Music, and Entertainment from 4pm-6pm on the Sierra Vista football field. Bring your ID'S with you to get a Free meal and wrist band to enter into the football stadium that night. See you out there.
SPORTS TODAY/EARLY RELEASES:
Girls Water Polo @ Clovis West Varsity Tourney/Early Release 10:30 a.m.
Football vs. Tulare Union - JV/Varsity 5:00 p.m.
NEW ANNOUNCEMENT:

1.       DATE CHANGE:  MOCK TRIAL will be holding a fundraising YARD SALE in the parking lot on Conyer and Mineral King on Saturday September 15th. Donation bins will be available in Room 44.  We are looking for donations of unwanted items, such as clothing, toys and household items.  Clean out your unwanted junk and support the MOCK TRIAL TEAM!

2.       CALVIN COLLEGE will be on campus September 6th during 2nd period in the upstairs library.  Sign up in the Counseling Office.

3.       Hey Rangers! Feminist Perspective ramps up a new school year, we have our first meeting Wednesday September 5th Room 45. We'll be talking about Homecoming, Book Reading ideas, and Fundraising plans for the semester. Join us, all are welcome!

4.       RHS eSports, comes to you September 5th, 3:30-5:30 Upstairs in the Library! Last season our Rocket League team ranked 2nd in the Western Division and made it to the National Tournament! We practice Overwatch, Rocket League, Hearthstone, and League of Legends. We meet Mondays and Wednesday upstairs in the library with XL! Twitch: RHS_eSports1 YouTube: RHS eSports
PREVIOUS ANNOUNCEMENTS:

1.       Attention all girls interested in joining the GIRLS WRESTLING TEAM, there will be a TEAM MEETING on Tuesday September 4th during lunch in Room 39.  Bring your lunch with you.  We will be discussing the upcoming season, upcoming training, and fundraising.

2.       For ALL NON-FALL ATHLETES that are interested in BOYS BASKETBALL, we are starting weights/conditioning next week starting September 4th.  Meet at the weight room at 3:30 p.m.

3.       FRESNO PACIFIC UNIVERSITY will be on campus Wednesday September 5th during 3rd through 4th Period in the upstairs library.  Sign up in the Counseling Office.

4.       ATTENTION GREEN THUMBS! THE GREEN CLUB will be having our FIRST MEETING next week on Wednesday September 5th in Room 33 at lunch.  We will be discussing our plans for recycling and other eco-groovy events this school year.  We will also have pizza!

5.       HOMECOMING ASSEMBLY Monday September 10th- Assembly Bell Schedule.

6.       UNIVERSITY OF THE PACIFIC will be on campus Monday September 10th during 5th period in the upstairs library.  Sign up in the Counseling Office.

7.       CSF NEWS!  *The membership drive for Spring 2018 is September 10-14!  Come by room 108 to pick up info and an application.  Be sure to request a transcript from the office now! Don't wait until it is too late! *Join the REMIND for the new year to get notifications!  Text @rangercsf to 81010 *The first general meeting will be September 26 in the gym during lunch.  This meeting is mandatory for all current members!   *Welcome freshmen!  You are invited to all of our meetings and activities.

8.       CSF MEMBERSHIP FOR SPRING 2018 WILL BE SEPTEMBER 10-14 in room 108 at lunch.  Bring the following:  1) Completed application form (pick up early)  2) Official copy of Spring 2018 semester report card or a transcript from the office. Power School printouts may not be used.   Students should request a transcript from the office at least a week in advance.  Junior & Seniors must have a transcript.  3) A donation* one one like-new hardback book for the Redwood Library 4)Five dollars to go towards covering CSF graduation supplies (pin, shawl, certificate, & seal) Freshman do not need to apply until January, 2019.  FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 14th is the deadline.  See Mrs. Cheatwood in room 108 or email gcheatwood at vusd.org<mailto:gcheatwood at vusd.org> if you have any concerns or questions.

9.       COLLEGE NIGHT will be Tuesday September 11th at the International Agri-Center from 5:30 - 8:00 p.m.

10.   WHITIER COLLEGE will be on campus Tuesday September 11th during 3rd period in the upstairs library.  Sign up in the Counseling Office.

11.  Redwood's MINI COLLEGE FAIR will be held on Tuesday September 11th during 6th period in the Cafeteria.  Students that are interested can sign up in the Counseling Office.

12.  A MONTANA TECH COLLEGE REPRESENTATIVE will be on campus Wednesday September 12th during 1st period in the upstairs library.  Sign Ups are in the Counseling Office.

13.  A REDLANDS UNIVERSITY REPRESENTATIVE will be on campus Wednesday September 12th during 2nd period in the upstairs library.  Sign Ups are in the Counseling Office.

14.  A UC SANTA BARBARA REPRESENTATIVE will be on campus Thursday September 13th during 4th period in the upstairs library.  Sign Ups are in the Counseling Office.

15.   SOKA UNIVERSITY REPRESENTATIVE will be on campus Thursday September 13th during 6th period.  Sign up in the Counseling Office.

16.  A UCLA REPRESENTATIVE will be on campus Thursday September 13th during 5th period in the upstairs library.  Sign Ups are in the Counseling Office.

17.  JUNIORS AND SENIORS!  Youth Leadership, a leadership and mentoring program is now available.  Apply today for the opportunity to make a difference in your community.  For more information, contact Cosmo at 559-684-1987 or cosmo.costales at cset.org<mailto:cosmo.costales at cset.org> or Zac at 559-713-5000 or Zachary.blythe at cset.org<mailto:Zachary.blythe at cset.org>.  Application Deadline is October 5th.

18.   PARKING PASSES available for the Conyer/MK lot for RANGER FOOTBALL GAMES this season.  This is a BOYS TENNIS FUND RAISER.  A $35 donation gets one car reserved parking for the five home games and any Redwood playoff game(s) at MK Bowl.  Please email Russ Brown at rbrown at vusd.org<mailto:rbrown at vusd.org> if interested and have a $35 check made out to "Redwood Boys Tennis" when you show up for Friday's home game.

19.   SCICON SIGNUPS are still going on for Junior and Senior students.  Come to the Counseling Office to sign up!

20.   All CHOIR PARENTS sign up for Remind 101: text @redwoodc to 81010!  To receive updates on what is going on in Choir!
SENIORS:
SCHOLARSHIPS:
Gates Scholarship: Basic Eligibility  To apply, students must be:  *A high school senior  *From at least one of the following ethnicities:  African-American, American Indian/Alaska Native*, Asian & Pacific Islander American, and/or Hispanic AmericanPell-eligible  *A US citizen, national, or permanent resident  *In good academic standing with a minimum cumulative weighted GPA of 3.3 on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent)   Additionally, a student must plan to enroll full-time, in a four-year degree program, at a US accredited, not-for-profit, private or public college or university.Ideal Candidate  An ideal candidate will have:  *An outstanding academic record in high school (in the top 10% of his/her graduating class)  *Demonstrated leadership ability (e.g., as shown through participation in community service, extracurricular, or other activities)  *Exceptional personal success skills (e.g., emotional maturity, motivation, perseverance, etc.)  Apply at: https://www.thegatesscholarship.org/scholarship  Due Sept 18th!

Lorei Hayslett
Secretary Student Services
Redwood High School

Lorei Hayslett