Daily Bulletin 12-4-18
lhayslett at vusd.org
Mon Dec 3 14:20:14 PST 2018
REDWOOD HIGH SCHOOL [cid:image001.jpg at 01D48B13.4E93B710]
1. FALL BLOOD DRIVE will NOW be held on December 5th from 12:30 - 4:00 p.m. The Blood Drive will take place in the Blood Center's Mobile Trailer instead of the Gym. Signing up for a spot will begin TODAY when we get back from Thanksgiving break.
2. WINTER FORMAL "Under the City Lights will be on December 8th from 8:00 - 11:00 p.m. at the El Diamante High School Gym. TICKETS ON SALE starting TODAY; before school, during lunch and after school TODAY thru Thursday December 6th. Friday December 7th - tickets sold before school and lunch!! NO AFTER SCHOOL TICKET SALES ON FRIDAY DECEMBER 7th!! Doors open at 5:00 p.m. for pictures. Ticket prices are $20 with ASB sticker, $30 without ASB sticker and $50 at the door. Students MUST HAVE current student ID to purchase tickets and to enter the dance. Also, all fines must be paid before you can purchase a ticket. If students are taking a guest who does not attend VUSD must complete a Guest Dance Form.
3. BAND CHRISTMAS CONCERT is TODAY at the LJ Williams Theater starting at 7:00 p.m. $5.00 general admission. Performances by: Jazz Band, Ranger Symphonic Band and Wind Ensemble.
4. ATTENTION: All girls who are interested in PLAYING SOFTBALL for the Rangers this spring, softball tryouts will be held TODAY thru December 7th. Varsity: TODAY, JV: Dec. 5-7. If you are currently in another sport you will be allowed to tryout at the conclusion of your sport. If you're interested, please notify Coach Rooney in room 56 or Coach Sanchez in room 201. You must be athletically "cleared" to participate.
SPORTS TODAY/EARLY RELEASES:
Girls Soccer vs. Tulare Union 4:30 p.m.
Boys Soccer @ Tulare Union 4:30 p.m./Early Release 2:30 p.m.
1. The WIN Academy will be in session this Saturday December 8th. Students must sign up before Friday. If you are a senior, this recovers any previous absences. The Academy is from 8:00 a.m. - 12:15 p.m. Please be on time. Please check with the following teachers or the attendance office for sign-ups: Cox, Laufer, Duerksen, Quezada, Oliveira, Huerta, Henshaw, Sprague, or Spalding.
2. RHS ORCHESTRA HOLIDAY CONCERT is on Monday, December 10th (7:00pm) at the El Diamante Theater. Admission at the door is $5 adults/$3 students and seniors. Kids 12 and under are free! Come out and support the orchestra!
3. REDWOOD ART FESTIVAL ....Come and Do Art!....Origami, Dough Sculpture, Mural Drawing , Face Painting, Sugar Cookie Decorating, Painting by Number... 2D and 3D Art Showcase ...Plus artwork from feeder schools...and Snacks!...Friday, December 14th, 5:00 p.m. -8:00 p,m. Redwood Gym.
1. FEMINIST PERSPECTIVE meets Wednesday December 5th at lunch in Room 45! We have started watching a series of student selected videos on feminism and other issues. We watch, discuss the issues, and community build! Come engage in the conversation and uncover what feminism really is with us!
2. CSF NEWS: Our next CSF MEETING is December 5th at lunch in the gym. We will have a special surprise speaker and a holiday treat for each attendee. To receive updated notices, text "@rangercsf" to 81010.
3. The next ACADEMY OF LAW AND JUSTICE CLUB MEETING will be held Thursday, December 6th at lunch in Room 43. We will be voting on club president as well as individual class vice-presidents so be sure to attend if you are interested in running! For more info. contact Mr. Adams.
4. RED INK is bringing back Art After Dark, our annual winter open mic artistic celebration. If you have a talent, be it musical, literary, comedic or dramatic, we'd love to hook you up with an audience. To sign up to perform contact mlink at vusd.org<mailto:mlink at vusd.org> or stop by room 103. If you love art and hanging out with groovy, artistic folks we start at 6 in room 103. Refreshments will be sold. Only $2 to get in (performers get in free). Cap off your semester with an evening of art, December 7th, 6 pm, room 103, $2 admission. Hope to see you there.
5. Calling all burrito lovers, foil you dinner plans and stop by Chipotle in Visalia for COMPUTER & ESPORTS CLUB Fundraiser on Saturday December 15th from 5:00 - 9:00 p.m. Come get a flyer in Room 45, follow the link <https://socialportal.chipotle.com/fundraiser/social/public/portal/LNQ4oKjaqAwUtSOQ7FhvhAYpyVVA9OclW1Ljb299PycZ3ecvXmSdtCxuYTZrD12JUSmvRWPpI7iMyqzAcleGWlnqgM1W2mvCMtzMYFM4ygA1RGjZRDA8XsfoEm3MOj2Z/3201812151721> , or mention the fundraiser at checkout and they'll donate 33% of the proceeds to the cause!
6. What is up gamers, RHS Esports rocket league has made it to the division playoffs; check out our games on Twitch! Remember that RHS eSports meets every Monday and Wednesday from 3:30 - 5:30 p.m. upstairs in the Library. Can't make it, watch our games live. Make sure to follow our Twitch channel or catch them all at our YouTube Channel too! Also, shout out our Insta: rhs_eSports.
7. Come and get your REDWOOD SCARF for $20 (CASH ONLY!) to benefit REDWOOD BOYS SOCCER TEAM. If interested, please stop by and see Mrs. Torres in the Counseling Office.
8. INTRAMURAL BASKETBALL is being held every Tuesday and Thursday in the Gym during lunch. No lunch basketball on December 20th (Thursday during finals)
1. SENIORS: The CSF Michelson Award is open to all CSF members who are currently seniors. MEMBERS HAVE UNTIL DECEMBER 22ND TO SUBMIT ESSAYS in response to the prompt published on the CSF website. One award of $1,000 will be given. For more info, go to: https://csf-cjsf.org/csf-awards/ or see Ms. Cheatwood in room 108.
1. COMCAST LEADERS AND ACHIEVERS(r) SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM Criteria: *Have a demonstrated commitment to community service, outstanding qualities in character, integrity and leadership *Be enrolled as a high school senior *Reside in a community served by Comcast and/or in one of the following NBC or Telemundo markets: Boston, Chicago, Dallas-Fort Worth, El Paso, Los Angeles, McAllen (TX.), New York, Orlando, Philadelphia, Phoenix, San Antonio, San Diego, and Washington, D.C. Please enter zip code below to confirm eligibility *Plan to enroll in full-time undergraduate study at an accredited two- or four-year college or university or vocational-technical college in the United States for the entire 2019-2020 academic year *Have a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (or its equivalent) *Demonstrate financial need. Application process: Apply at https://learnmore.scholarsapply.org/leadersandachievers/?utm_source=ComContacte1&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Comcast2019&_hsenc=p2ANqtz--a7uehwkX17gq1jYWLG16nMbln8YpLwQy4Kxi2IwA9HBrEy158MHyQT4WZxYOG67KcGe4YWRFwtvCeGefGeZnQeq9Cxg&_hsmi=66958278 Deadline: December 7
2. EECU EDUCATIONAL GRANT SCHOLARSHIP
Amount: $2,000 Criteria: You must be a member, joint member or joint owner of Educational Employees Credit Union a minimum of 6 months prior to application close date. Account must be in good standing. Application Process: http://www.myeecu.org/home/resources/mycommunity/student-grant-program
Application Deadline: December 7
3. FOOT LOCKER SCHOLARSHIP
Amount: Up to $20,000 Criteria: *Be entering college in the Fall of 2019 as a Freshman at a four-year school for an undergraduate degree. *Be currently involved in high school sports, intramural sports, or community based sports. *Have a minimum GPA of 3.0. *Be a U.S. citizen or permanent legal resident (you will be asked to prove citizenship and age if you win). *Not be an employee, officer or director of Foot Locker, Inc., or any of its subsidiaries, or a member of the immediate family of such an employee, officer or director.Application Process: https://footlockerscholarathletes.com/about#judgingDeadline: December 14
4. EDISON INTERNATIONAL'S $1.2 MILLION EDISON SCHOLARS PROGRAM will award $40,000 scholarships paid over four years to 30 high school seniors planning to major in science, technology, engineering or math (STEM) fields at accredited four-year colleges and universities. The Edison Scholars Program eligibility requirements include: High school senior must live or attend a high school in Southern California Edison (SCE)'s service area or attend an eligible high school surrounding SCE's San Onofre Nuclear Generating Station, cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher, plan to be a full-time undergraduate student majoring in Mathematics, Engineering, Computer and Information Services, Management Information Systems, Natural Resources and Conservation or Physical Sciences and demonstrate financial need. Please visit www.scholarsapply.org/edisonscholars<http://www.scholarsapply.org/edisonscholars> to learn more Deadline: December 14
5. FOOT LOCKER SCHOLARSHIP Amount: Up to $20,000 Criteria: *Be entering college in the Fall of 2019 as a Freshman at a four-year school for an undergraduate degree. *Be currently involved in high school sports, intramural sports, or community based sports. *Have a minimum GPA of 3.0. *Be a U.S. citizen or permanent legal resident (you will be asked to prove citizenship and age if you win). *Not be an employee, officer or director of Foot Locker, Inc., or any of its subsidiaries, or a member of the immediate family of such an employee, officer or director. Application Process: https://footlockerscholarathletes.com/about#judging Deadline: December 14
6. Redwood High School Local Scholarship Application
Amount: Varies Criteria: Varies Sign up for the RHS Google Classroom to access application: class code ljb3sp Deadline: December 21
1. *CIF/Farmers Scholar-Athlete
Amount: up to $5,000 Criteria: 3.5gpa or above, Varsity sport at least two years including senior year, display the 6 Pillars of Character Visit http://www.cifstate.org/parents-students/awards_and_scholarships/sa/SCHOLAR_2019_APPLICATION_FINAL.pdf to apply
Deadline: Must be postmarked by February 19
2. *Tulare County Farm Bureau-
Amount: Varies ($500-$2000) Criteria: Must attend high school or have graduated from a high school in Tulare County, must complete and return application (paper or online), must submit two letters of recommendation, must submit a copy of current school transcript.
Apply at www.tulcofb.org<http://www.tulcofb.org/index.php?page=formScholarshipIntro>
Deadline: March 1
Secretary Student Services
Redwood High School
Secretary Student Services
Redwood High School
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 5189 bytes
More information about the RHS-Bulletin