Daily Bulletin 12-13-18
lhayslett at vusd.org
Wed Dec 12 15:16:34 PST 2018
REDWOOD HIGH SCHOOL [cid:image001.jpg at 01D4922D.AB368E90]
1. SENIORS: Interested in Fresno State? Interested in a full-RIDE scholarship? THE SMITTCAMP FAMILY HONORS COLLEGE application is due TODAY. Completed applications must be submitted online at http://www.fresnostate.edu/studentaffairs/scholarships/scholarshipapplication/ by online application submission deadline TODAY. If you meet or exceed one or more of the following criteria, then you should definitely consider applying: Minimum 3.8 high school GPA (CSU GPA); Ranking in the top 10 percent of your high school graduating class; Combined SAT score of 1200 or ACT average score of 27 in English and Mathematics.
2. REDWOOD ASB is hosting its FIRST ANNUAL GIFT's OF GIVING! Join us TODAY at 6:00 p.m. in the Gym to participate in a basket raffle, get in the Christmas Spirit, and support our fundraiser for Paradise California! There will be multiple themed baskets for you to win. Vendors and food and all donations go towards a good cause! Tickets for baskets will be $1.l00 and entry is $1.00 or a donation of canned food/things that would be helpful for the fire victims. Tickets will also be sold 10 for $5.00.
3. RANGER BAND AND COLOR GUARD FUNDRAISER: Cellar Door presents - Redwood Ranger Jazz Band! Come out and enjoy an evening of wonderful music and dancing. TODAY (6:00pm-8:00pm, 101 W. Main St, Cellar Door). Cover charge of $10 (ages 21+) will go back to band and support their music program. We hope to see you there.
4. INTRAMURAL BASKETBALL is being held every Tuesday and Thursday in the Gym during lunch. No lunch basketball on December 20th (Thursday during finals)
SPORTS TODAY/EARLY RELEASES:
Girls Basketball @ Lemoore Frosh/JV Tourney 3:00 p.m./Early Release 1:00 p.m.
Girls Basketball @ Exeter Varsity Tourney 6:30 p.m.
Boys Basketball @ Clovis North Frosh/JV Tourney/Early Release 2:15 p.m.
Boys Basketball @ Hoover Varsity Tourney
1. FINAL EXAMS will take place on the following dates: Wednesday December 19th - Periods 0,1,2 *Thursday December 20th - Periods 0,3,4 *Final Exams - Periods 5,6. Bell schedules will be in the bulletin on those dates.
2. WINTER BREAK BEGINS - Monday December 24th and students return Monday January 14th.
3. Tri Counties Bank Scholarship (Merit Award)
Requirements-Graduating high school senior from a county listed: Butte, Colusa, Contra Costa, Del Norte, Fresno, Glenn, Humboldt, Kern, Lake, Lassen, Madera, Mendocino, Merced, Nevada, Placer, Sacramento, San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Shasta, Siskiyou, Sonoma, Stanislaus, Sutter, Tehama, Trinity, Tulare, Yolo, Yuba-Weighted cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
-Displayed outstanding achievements in academics, community service, and/or business entrepreneurship during high school career-Be an undergraduate student the fall semester following high school graduation Number of Awards10 Award Amount $1,000
4. Tri Counties Bank Scholarship (Income-Based Award)
Requirements-Graduating high school senior from a county listed: Butte, Colusa, Contra Costa, Del Norte, Fresno, Glenn, Humboldt, Kern, Lake, Lassen, Madera, Mendocino, Merced, Nevada, Placer, Sacramento, San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Shasta, Siskiyou, Sonoma, Stanislaus, Sutter, Tehama, Trinity, Tulare, Yolo, Yuba-Minimum GPA of 2.5
-Have an Expected Family Contribution (EFC) of $5,920 or less - verification required via completion of the FAFSA or CA Dream Act Financial Aid application
-Be an undergraduate student the fall semester following high school graduation
1. REDWOOD ART FESTIVAL ....Come and Do Art!....Origami, Dough Sculpture, Mural Drawing , Face Painting, Sugar Cookie Decorating, Painting by Number... 2D and 3D Art Showcase ...Plus artwork from feeder schools...and Snacks!...Friday, December 14th, 5:00 p.m. -8:00 p,m. Redwood Gym.
1. NOTRE DAME Study Abroad representative will be on campus Friday December 14th during lunch in the upstairs library.
3. Calling all burrito lovers, foil you dinner plans and stop by Chipotle in Visalia for COMPUTER & ESPORTS CLUB Fundraiser on Saturday December 15th from 5:00 - 9:00 p.m. Come get a flyer in Room 45, follow the link <https://socialportal.chipotle.com/fundraiser/social/public/portal/LNQ4oKjaqAwUtSOQ7FhvhAYpyVVA9OclW1Ljb299PycZ3ecvXmSdtCxuYTZrD12JUSmvRWPpI7iMyqzAcleGWlnqgM1W2mvCMtzMYFM4ygA1RGjZRDA8XsfoEm3MOj2Z/3201812151721> , or mention the fundraiser at checkout and they'll donate 33% of the proceeds to the cause!
4. Finals are right around the corner everyone!!!! Cookies and Cram is back, Link Crew will be hosting a school wide cram session on December 17th from 6-8pm. We will be located in the academic building and will have to following subjects represented: U.S. & World History, Chemistry and Biography including the AP for these subjects, We have Math tutors and are looking to add more to this list as we get closer.
5. Hey kind-hearted RANGERS! Join ABLAZE CLUB TOY DRIVE by dropping off your "gently-used" or new toys in the front office or in Room 1 at Sierra Vista. Let's benefit an orphanage in Tijuana.
6. Anyone interested in being involved with doing tech crew for RHS'S ALL SCHOOL MUSICAL, ONCE UPON A MATTRESS, should come to an informational meeting on Tuesday, December 18th in the drama room. See Mrs. Galvan, room 15 Sierra Vista, for more details.
7. What is up gamers, RHS Esports rocket league has made it to the division playoffs; check out our games on Twitch! Remember that RHS eSports meets every Monday and Wednesday from 3:30 - 5:30 p.m. upstairs in the Library. Can't make it, watch our games live. Make sure to follow our Twitch channel or catch them all at our YouTube Channel too! Also, shout out our Insta: rhs_eSports.
8. Come and get your REDWOOD SCARF for $20 (CASH ONLY!) to benefit REDWOOD BOYS SOCCER TEAM. If interested, please stop by and see Mrs. Torres in the Counseling Office.
1. SENIORS: The CSF Michelson Award is open to all CSF members who are currently seniors. MEMBERS HAVE UNTIL DECEMBER 22ND TO SUBMIT ESSAYS in response to the prompt published on the CSF website. One award of $1,000 will be given. For more info, go to: https://csf-cjsf.org/csf-awards/ or see Ms. Cheatwood in room 108.
2. ATTENTION ALL CSF SENIORS! You can now apply for the Seymour Memorial Award, the Sealbearer Award and the Redwood CSF Scholarships! These are available for seniors who meet the following requirements: 1)100% lifetime membership/sealbearer status (7/8 semesters so far) 2)3.8 GPA or above, and 3)Active CSF Club involvement and community service participation. Please come by Room 108 and pick up an APPLICATION FORM with requirements that will be due to Ms. Cheatwood by January 16, 2019. For question, email gcheatwood at vusd.org.
1. FOOT LOCKER SCHOLARSHIP
Amount: Up to $20,000 Criteria: *Be entering college in the Fall of 2019 as a Freshman at a four-year school for an undergraduate degree. *Be currently involved in high school sports, intramural sports, or community based sports. *Have a minimum GPA of 3.0. *Be a U.S. citizen or permanent legal resident (you will be asked to prove citizenship and age if you win). *Not be an employee, officer or director of Foot Locker, Inc., or any of its subsidiaries, or a member of the immediate family of such an employee, officer or director.Application Process: https://footlockerscholarathletes.com/about#judgingDeadline: December 14
2. EDISON INTERNATIONAL'S $1.2 MILLION EDISON SCHOLARS PROGRAM will award $40,000 scholarships paid over four years to 30 high school seniors planning to major in science, technology, engineering or math (STEM) fields at accredited four-year colleges and universities. The Edison Scholars Program eligibility requirements include: High school senior must live or attend a high school in Southern California Edison (SCE)'s service area or attend an eligible high school surrounding SCE's San Onofre Nuclear Generating Station, cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher, plan to be a full-time undergraduate student majoring in Mathematics, Engineering, Computer and Information Services, Management Information Systems, Natural Resources and Conservation or Physical Sciences and demonstrate financial need. Please visit www.scholarsapply.org/edisonscholars<http://www.scholarsapply.org/edisonscholars> to learn more Deadline: December 14
3. Redwood High School Local Scholarship Application
Amount: Varies Criteria: Varies Sign up for the RHS Google Classroom to access application: class code ljb3sp Deadline: December 21
1. *CIF/Farmers Scholar-Athlete
Amount: up to $5,000 Criteria: 3.5gpa or above, Varsity sport at least two years including senior year, display the 6 Pillars of Character Visit http://www.cifstate.org/parents-students/awards_and_scholarships/sa/SCHOLAR_2019_APPLICATION_FINAL.pdf to apply
Deadline: Must be postmarked by February 19
2. *Tulare County Farm Bureau-
Amount: Varies ($500-$2000) Criteria: Must attend high school or have graduated from a high school in Tulare County, must complete and return application (paper or online), must submit two letters of recommendation, must submit a copy of current school transcript.
Apply at www.tulcofb.org<http://www.tulcofb.org/index.php?page=formScholarshipIntro>
Deadline: March 1
Secretary Student Services
Redwood High School
Secretary Student Services
Redwood High School
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 5189 bytes
More information about the RHS-Bulletin