Daily Bulletin 1/17/18
lhayslett at visalia.k12.ca.us
Tue Jan 16 15:02:35 PST 2018
REDWOOD HIGH SCHOOL [cid:image001.jpg at 01D38EDB.0A89C760]
1. The PSAT 10 (9th and 10th GRADES ONLY) will be held on Wednesday March 7th; cost is $15.00 per student. REGISTRATION TODAY(before school, lunch and after school) AND WILL CLOSE ONCE ALL SPOTS ARE FILLED. SPACE IS LIMITED AND IS ON A FIRST-COME, FIRST SIGN-UP BASIS. Students must FIRST PAY the $15.00 in the Finance Center and secure their spot. The study booklet for the PSAT 10 will be distributed in early February. Please see Mr. Matta if you have any questions.
SPORTS TODAY/EARLY RELEASES:
Girls Soccer @ Mt. Whitney 4:30 p.m./Early Release JV 2:45 p.m.
Boys Soccer vs. Mt. Whitney 4:30 p.m.
Girls Wrestling vs. El Diamante/Hanford West 4:30 p.m./Early Release 2:45 p.m.
Boys Wrestling vs. El Diamante/Hanford West 4:30 p.m./Early Release 2:45 p.m.
1. Welcome back green thumbs!! GREEN CLUB will be holding a MEETING this Thursday January 18th at lunch in Room 33 to discuss new project's for this semester. We hope to see you there!
2. SEUSSICAL THE MUSICAL! February 1st - February 3rd at 7:00 p.m. and February 2nd at 2:00 p.m. at the LJ Williams Theatre. Tickets are for sale at Beatware, Downtown Dancers Edge, White's Music and the Main Office at RHS. Students $10, General Admission $12. Don't miss out! This show is amazing and full of talent!
3. Sons of Italy Western Foundation
Amount: $500 to $5,000 Criteria: Must be wholly or partially of Italian descent. Application Process: Apply at http://www.osiaca.org/Scholarships/How-To-Apply
Deadline: March 1
4. Tulare County Farm Bureau-Amount: Varies ($500-$2000)
Criteria: Must attend high school or have graduated from a high school in Tulare County, must complete and return application (paper or online), must submit two letters of recommendation, must submit a copy of current school transcript. Apply at www.tulcofb.org<http://www.tulcofb.org/index.php?page=formScholarshipIntro>. Deadline: March 1
5. The following 5 scholarships are available through the Visalia Rotary Community Foundation- Applications are available in the RHS Counseling Office or visit http://www.visaliarcfoundation.org/scholarships/ to apply now!
6. The Dwelle Four Year Scholarship is a four year college scholarship for the Redwood High School graduate who maintains a 2.8 or greater grade point average. The scholarship can be as much as $3,000 per year for a full four years.
7. The Provident Salierno Family Foundation Music Scholarship is for students interested in a music career who maintains a 3.0 or greater grade point average. The scholarship currently provides about $600 per year for the student at the five high schools listed in the purpose.
8. The Richard B. "Dick" Watson $2,000 STEM Scholarship (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) scholarship consists of two, one-time scholarships awarded each year to students from either Redwood, Mt. Whitney, Golden West, or El Diamante high schools who have demonstrated excellence in both the classroom and extracurricular activities.
9. The Robert Harrell Career and Technical Education Scholarship currently gives approximately 30 scholarships at $1,000 each for various vocational technical programs. The scholarship is for a student who is from Visalia and is pursuing a vocational technical school in an accredited institution.
10. The Jane & Bill Nash Scholarship consists of a $4,000, one year college scholarship for a graduating Redwood High School senior who maintains an unweighted, grade point average between 2.8 and 3.5. Deadline: March 1
11. National Association of Theatre Owners of California/Nevada
Amount: $5,000 to $10,000 Criteria: Must be employed by a CA/NV member movie theater
Application Process: Apply at www.natocalnev.org<http://www.natocalnev.org/index.php/scholarship-programs> Deadline: March 2
12. C.S.U. Fresno Scholarships Amount Varies Criteria: Plan on attending Fresno State University
Application Process: Apply at www.csufresno.edu/scholarships
<http://www.csufresno.edu/scholarships>Deadline: March 2
13. Ruiz 4 Kids Scholarship Amount: Varies Criteria: HS senior, minimum 3.0 gpa, sealed school transcript, essay (instructions on web site), letter of recommendation, one-page resume.
Application Process: Apply at www.ruiz4kids.org/<http://www.ruiz4kids.org/> Deadline: March 9
14. Visalia Education Foundation- Various scholarships available Amount: up to $30,000
Visit: Visalia Ed Foundation<http://www.visaliaedfoundation.org/student-scholarships.html> to apply or see Mrs. Jauregui for an application Deadline: March 9
1. Happy New Year, Pro-MED Students! Pro-MED CLUB will be MEETING after school on Thursday January 18th! Pro-MED Mentorship Students, please stop by the XL Office, located in the Upstairs Library, to pick up a permission slip for this year's meetings at Kaweah Delta. Also, if you are planning to run for a Pro-MED Club Leadership Position, presentations and elections will take place during the Pro-MED Club Meeting on Thursday January 18th. Stay tuned for details in the following week's bulletin!
2. Pro-MED Students! Pro-MED Club will be meeting after school on Thursday, January 18th in room 94. Elections will also take place on this date! Pro-MED Mentorship Students, please make sure you stop by the XL Office located in the library upstairs, to pick up a permission slip for didactics at Kaweah Delta. Our first didactics meeting is on Wednesday, January 17th and we will meet at the library at 3:30pm.
3. An ARMY NATIONAL GUARD representative will be on campus Thursday January 18th during lunch in the upstairs Library for those students who are interested.
4. ATTENTION STUDENTS! Would you like to earn scholarship money using your speaking skills? If so, take advantage of this great opportunity. The SEQUOIA LIONS CLUB will be hosting the 2018 Student Speakers Contest. This year's topic is "Integrity and Civility Play What Role in Today's Society?" The contest will take place in February 2018 and is open to all students. For sign ups and more information, see Mrs. Jauregui in the Counseling Office! The deadline to sign up is January 19th.
5. CSF FALL MEMEBERSHIP DRIVE will be held the week of January 29th through February 2, 2018. Bring the following to Room 108 during lunch: *completed application form (pick up early in Room 108), *fall semester transcript provided the week of January 22nd in your English class EXCEPT for seniors, *a donation of one hardback book for the Redwood Library, and *$5 for dues to cover graduation supplies. Friday February 2, 2018 is the deadline to apply. Freshmen are now eligible to apply for membership with their first semester grades. Seniors ONLY will need to request a transcript 3-4 days in advance from the Counseling Department in order to provide documentation for CSF Membership. (All other grades will receive transcripts in their English class.) If you have any questions or concerns, please email Mrs. Cheatwood at gcheatwood at vusd.org<mailto:gcheatwood at vusd.org> or come to Room 108.
6. Come and get your Redwood Scarf for $20 to benefit REDWOOD BOY's SOCCER TEAM. If interested, please stop by and see Mrs. Torres in the Counseling Office.
1. CSF FALL MEMBERSHIP DRIVE will be held the week of January 29th through February 2, 2018. You will need to request a transcript from the office 3-4 days in advance in order to verify current semester grades. This is especially important to SENIORS who are seeking lifetime membership. If you do not know your lifetime status, please see Ms. Cheatwood in Room 108 ASAP or email at gcheatwood at vusd.org<mailto:gcheatwood at vusd.org>. Seniors who qualify for lifetime membership with fall semester grades will be invited to the CSF Lifetime Luncheon in April.
1. EM THARP INC./WORLD AG EXPO SCHOLARSHIP: Eligibility: Current seniors planning to enroll in a 4-year university next school year; accepted by an accredited 4-year university; future educational goals must be in Ag/Industrial/Business; incomplete or late applications will not be considered; apply online at https://worldagexpo.com/scholarships. Deadline: January 19th.
2. CIF/FARMERS SCHOLAR-ATHLETE: Amount: up to $5,000; criteria: 3.5gpa or above, Varsity sport at least two years including senior year, display the 6 Pillars of Character; visit http://www.cifstate.org/parents-students/awards_and_scholarships/sa/SCHOLAR-ATHLETE_2018_APPLICATION_FINAL.pdf to apply; Deadline: Must be postmarked by February 12th.
Secretary Student Services/Activities
Redwood High School
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 5189 bytes
More information about the RHS-Bulletin