Daily Bulletin 1-23-18
lhayslett at visalia.k12.ca.us
Mon Jan 22 15:03:45 PST 2018
REDWOOD HIGH SCHOOL [cid:image001.jpg at 01D39392.32C891F0]
1. The PSAT 10 (9th and 10th GRADES ONLY) will be held on Wednesday March 7th; cost is $15.00 per student. REGISTRATION TODAY(before school, lunch and after school) AND WILL CLOSE ONCE ALL SPOTS ARE FILLED. SPACE IS LIMITED AND IS ON A FIRST-COME, FIRST SIGN-UP BASIS. Students must FIRST PAY the $15.00 in the Finance Center and secure their spot. The study booklet for the PSAT 10 will be distributed in early February. Please see Mr. Matta if you have any questions.
2. COSTA RICA-LAST MEETING! Last chance to sign up for the Costa Rica trip! PARENT MEETING in Mrs. Yates Room P3 TODAY at 5:30 p.m. In 8 days of a guided tour of Costa Rica, you get enough units for one whole college class! The trip is this June. See you at the meeting!
3. TODAY will be a RAF ORCHESTRA PARENT BOOSTER MEETING at 6:00 p.m. in the Orchestra Room 81.
SPORTS TODAY/EARLY RELEASES:
Girls Soccer vs. Hanford West 4:30 p.m.
Boys Soccer @ Hanford West 4:30 p.m./Early Release 2:15 p.m.
Girls Basketball vs. Hanford 4:30 p.m.
Boys Basketball @ Hanford 4:30 p.m./Early Release 2:15 p.m.
1. FRENCH CLUB MEETING Friday January 26th at lunch in Room 47. The t-shirts are in!
2. Do you like to play Ultimate Frisbee? Don't know what it is? Come and figure out at a CLUB MEETING. Join us Wednesday January 24th at lunch in Mrs. Moore's Room 203 to learn and hang!
3. Pro-MED Students! This year's Club Officers are:
* President: Jorge Campos (term starts August 2018)
* Vice President: Brandon La
* Secretary: Kenya Ochoa
* Treasurer: William Ide
* Public Relations Officer: Rikki Gonzalez
Congratulations! A Club Officer orientation will be held Monday, January 29th after school in room 94. If you have any questions, please stop by the XL Office located upstairs in the library.
1. CSF FALL MEMEBERSHIP DRIVE will be held the week of January 29th through February 2, 2018. Bring the following to Room 108 during lunch: *completed application form (pick up early in Room 108), *fall semester transcript provided the week of January 22nd in your English class EXCEPT for seniors, *a donation of one hardback book for the Redwood Library, and *$5 for dues to cover graduation supplies. Friday February 2, 2018 is the deadline to apply. Freshmen are now eligible to apply for membership with their first semester grades. Seniors ONLY will need to request a transcript 3-4 days in advance from the Counseling Department in order to provide documentation for CSF Membership. (All other grades will receive transcripts in their English class.) If you have any questions or concerns, please email Mrs. Cheatwood at gcheatwood at vusd.org<mailto:gcheatwood at vusd.org> or come to Room 108.
2. SEUSSICAL THE MUSICAL! February 1st - February 3rd at 7:00 p.m. and February 2nd at 2:00 p.m. at the LJ Williams Theatre. Tickets are for sale at Beatware, Downtown Dancers Edge, White's Music and the Main Office at RHS. Students $10, General Admission $12. Don't miss out! This show is amazing and full of talent!
3. For anyone interested in playing FOOTBALL NEXT SEASON, there will be an INFORMATIONAL MEETING at the beginning of lunch on Wednesday January 24th in the Weight Room. This is a MANDATORY MEETING if you want to play FOOTBALL next school year. If you have any questions, please see Coach Ball.
4. Come and get your Redwood Scarf for $20 to benefit REDWOOD BOY's SOCCER TEAM. If interested, please stop by and see Mrs. Torres in the Counseling Office.
1. CSF FALL MEMBERSHIP DRIVE will be held the week of January 29th through February 2, 2018. You will need to request a transcript from the office 3-4 days in advance in order to verify current semester grades. This is especially important to SENIORS who are seeking lifetime membership. If you do not know your lifetime status, please see Ms. Cheatwood in Room 108 ASAP or email at gcheatwood at vusd.org<mailto:gcheatwood at vusd.org>. Seniors who qualify for lifetime membership with fall semester grades will be invited to the CSF Lifetime Luncheon in April.
1. CIF/FARMERS SCHOLAR-ATHLETE: Amount: up to $5,000; criteria: 3.5gpa or above, Varsity sport at least two years including senior year, display the 6 Pillars of Character; visit http://www.cifstate.org/parents-students/awards_and_scholarships/sa/SCHOLAR-ATHLETE_2018_APPLICATION_FINAL.pdf to apply; Deadline: Must be postmarked by February 12th.
2. Sons of Italy Western Foundation
Amount: $500 to $5,000 Criteria: Must be wholly or partially of Italian descent. Application Process: Apply at http://www.osiaca.org/Scholarships/How-To-Apply
Deadline: March 1
3. Tulare County Farm Bureau-Amount: Varies ($500-$2000)
Criteria: Must attend high school or have graduated from a high school in Tulare County, must complete and return application (paper or online), must submit two letters of recommendation, must submit a copy of current school transcript. Apply at www.tulcofb.org<http://www.tulcofb.org/index.php?page=formScholarshipIntro>. Deadline: March 1
4. The following 5 scholarships are available through the Visalia Rotary Community Foundation- Applications are available in the RHS Counseling Office or visit http://www.visaliarcfoundation.org/scholarships/ to apply now!
5. The Dwelle Four Year Scholarship is a four year college scholarship for the Redwood High School graduate who maintains a 2.8 or greater grade point average. The scholarship can be as much as $3,000 per year for a full four years.
6. The Provident Salierno Family Foundation Music Scholarship is for students interested in a music career who maintains a 3.0 or greater grade point average. The scholarship currently provides about $600 per year for the student at the five high schools listed in the purpose.
7. The Richard B. "Dick" Watson $2,000 STEM Scholarship (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) scholarship consists of two, one-time scholarships awarded each year to students from either Redwood, Mt. Whitney, Golden West, or El Diamante high schools who have demonstrated excellence in both the classroom and extracurricular activities.
8. The Robert Harrell Career and Technical Education Scholarship currently gives approximately 30 scholarships at $1,000 each for various vocational technical programs. The scholarship is for a student who is from Visalia and is pursuing a vocational technical school in an accredited institution.
9. The Jane & Bill Nash Scholarship consists of a $4,000, one year college scholarship for a graduating Redwood High School senior who maintains an unweighted, grade point average between 2.8 and 3.5. Deadline: March 1
10. National Association of Theatre Owners of California/Nevada
Amount: $5,000 to $10,000 Criteria: Must be employed by a CA/NV member movie theater
Application Process: Apply at www.natocalnev.org<http://www.natocalnev.org/index.php/scholarship-programs> Deadline: March 2
11. C.S.U. Fresno Scholarships Amount Varies Criteria: Plan on attending Fresno State University
Application Process: Apply at www.csufresno.edu/scholarships
<http://www.csufresno.edu/scholarships>Deadline: March 2
12. Ruiz 4 Kids Scholarship Amount: Varies Criteria: HS senior, minimum 3.0 gpa, sealed school transcript, essay (instructions on web site), letter of recommendation, one-page resume.
Application Process: Apply at www.ruiz4kids.org/<http://www.ruiz4kids.org/> Deadline: March 9
13. Visalia Education Foundation- Various scholarships available Amount: up to $30,000
Visit: Visalia Ed Foundation<http://www.visaliaedfoundation.org/student-scholarships.html> to apply or see Mrs. Jauregui for an application Deadline: March 9
Secretary Student Services/Activities
Redwood High School
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 5189 bytes
More information about the RHS-Bulletin