Daily Bulletin 1-31-18
lhayslett at visalia.k12.ca.us
Tue Jan 30 15:24:53 PST 2018
REDWOOD HIGH SCHOOL [cid:image001.jpg at 01D399DE.79D4B950]
1. CSF FALL MEMEBERSHIP DRIVE will be held TODAY through February 2, 2018. Bring the following to Room 108 during lunch: *completed application form (pick up early in Room 108), *fall semester transcript provided the week of January 22nd in your English class EXCEPT for seniors, *a donation of one hardback book for the Redwood Library, and *$5 for dues to cover graduation supplies. Friday February 2, 2018 is the deadline to apply. Freshmen are now eligible to apply for membership with their first semester grades. Seniors ONLY will need to request a transcript 3-4 days in advance from the Counseling Department in order to provide documentation for CSF Membership. (All other grades will receive transcripts in their English class.) If you have any questions or concerns, please email Mrs. Cheatwood at gcheatwood at vusd.org<mailto:gcheatwood at vusd.org> or come to Room 108.
2. SENIORS! Your chance to vote for SENIOR SUPERLATIVES and nominate people for LOG RULERS and STAFF DEDICATION for the Yearbook is here! Submit your votes at bit.ly/rhsyb18seniors by TODAY. Use your vusd.us login for the form, and you can go back to edit or add to your answers any time before the deadline.
3. Redwood's very own ROBOTICS CLUB will be competing in the U.S. Navy's Seaperch Competition (April 15th) once again. Third place in the state of California is not good enough. Redwood will be fielding two teams this year. If you're interested in being a part of this, over-the-top-cool competition please contact Mr. Post in Redwood's Cafeteria TODAY after school. Come home a winner, or don't come home at all.
SPORTS TODAY/EARLY RELEASES:
Girls Soccer @ El Diamante 4:30 p.m./Early Release 2:30 p.m.
Boys Soccer vs. El Diamante 4:30 p.m.
Girls Basketball vs. Lemoore 4:30 p.m.
Boys Basketball @ Lemoore 4:30 p.m./Early Release 2:15 p.m.
1. SATURDAY UNIVERSITY will be running this Saturday February 3rd. Classes to be offered are PE with Mr. Wall and Auto with Mr. Cox. Students must sign up before Friday February 2nd with the above teachers. If you are a senior this recovers any previous absences. SATURDAY UNIVERSITY is from 8:00 a.m. - 12:15 p.m. Please be on time. Classes are closed to students at 8:15 a.m. Enter through the gates between the Cafeteria and Auto Shop.
2. CSF MANDATORY MEETING for ALL SOPHOMORES & JUNIORS who are interested in becoming a CSF Officer for the 2018-2019 school year. Come to Room 108 on Tuesday February 6th at lunch for more information. There are 6 positions that are open! Interviews will be held February 15th and February 16th. Save those dates! If you have any questions or concerns, see Mrs. Cheatwood in Room 108 or email at gcheatwood at vusd.org<mailto:gcheatwood at vusd.org>.
3. PAWS 4 a CAUSE MEETING on Tuesday February 6th during lunch in Room 94. We will discuss "Fun Run" and volunteer schedule to help VOSPCA at the Visalia Home Show, etc.
4. PRO-MED STUDENTS! There is a guest speaker MEETING on Monday February 5th at Kaweah Delta. We will meet at the Library and leave at 4:30 p.m. Please be sure to stop by the XL Office upstairs in the Library to pick up a permission slip. You do not want to miss out!
1. SEUSSICAL THE MUSICAL! February 1st - February 3rd at 7:00 p.m. and February 2nd at 2:00 p.m. at the LJ Williams Theatre. Tickets are for sale at Beatware, Downtown Dancers Edge, White's Music and the Main Office at RHS. Students $10, General Admission $12. Don't miss out! This show is amazing and full of talent!
2. YEARBOOK PRE-SALES END this Friday February 2nd! Buy your Yearbook for $90 online at Jostens.com or in the Finance Center or from Mr. Feehan in Room 40 now to guarantee yourself a copy at LOG NIGHT in May!
3. A FRESNO PACIFIC UNIVERSITY REPRESENTATIVE will be on campus Tuesday February 6th during 4th period in the upstairs Library for those seniors who are planning to attend there next year.
4. CSF MANDATORY MEETING for ALL CURRENT MEMBERS on Wednesday February 7th, at lunch in the Band Room. Important information will be discussed on upcoming community projects, the senior lifetime luncheon, graduation procedures, new officer interviews, yearbook pictures and much more! Attendance will be taken; plan on being there!
5. Come and get your Redwood Scarf and or Beanies for $20 each to benefit REDWOOD BOY's SOCCER TEAM. If interested, please stop by and see Mrs. Torres in the Counseling Office.
1. CSF FALL MEMBERSHIP DRIVE will be held TODAY through February 2, 2018. You will need to request a transcript from the office 3-4 days in advance in order to verify current semester grades. This is especially important to SENIORS who are seeking lifetime membership. If you do not know your lifetime status, please see Ms. Cheatwood in Room 108 ASAP or email at gcheatwood at vusd.org<mailto:gcheatwood at vusd.org>. Seniors who qualify for lifetime membership with fall semester grades will be invited to the CSF Lifetime Luncheon in April.
2. SENIOR AD SALES for the Yearbook ENDS THIS FRIDAY February 2nd! Get your ad form from Mr. Feehan Room 40 or a Yearbook student, and purchase by Friday February 2nd or miss out! Ads can be paid for online through Jostens.com or in the Finance Center or from Mr. Feehan.
3. SENIOR MEETING: A Senior Meeting will be held in the Gym on Tuesday February 13th from 12:10 - 12:30 p.m. ALL SENIORS will be excused from their 4th period classes at 12:00 p.m. We will be presenting information about Grad Nite.
4. GRAD NITE TICKET SALES: GRAD NITE TICKETS for MAGIC MOUNTAIN will be available for SENIOR to purchase on Wednesday February 21st at 7:00 a.m. for $110 - CASH ONLY! Tickets will be sold in the Redwood Gym. SENIORS WILL NOT BE ALLOWED ON CAMPUS UNTIL 7:00 a.m.! ALL FINES must be cleared through the Finance Center before seniors can purchase a ticket. GRAD NITE is Thursday May 17th. We will be leaving Redwood from the Mineral King Parking Lot to head to Magic Mountain at 7:00 p.m.
1. CIF/FARMERS SCHOLAR-ATHLETE: Amount: up to $5,000; criteria: 3.5gpa or above, Varsity sport at least two years including senior year, display the 6 Pillars of Character; visit http://www.cifstate.org/parents-students/awards_and_scholarships/sa/SCHOLAR-ATHLETE_2018_APPLICATION_FINAL.pdf to apply; Deadline: Must be postmarked by February 12th.
2. Sons of Italy Western Foundation
Amount: $500 to $5,000 Criteria: Must be wholly or partially of Italian descent. Application Process: Apply at http://www.osiaca.org/Scholarships/How-To-Apply
Deadline: March 1
3. Tulare County Farm Bureau-Amount: Varies ($500-$2000)
Criteria: Must attend high school or have graduated from a high school in Tulare County, must complete and return application (paper or online), must submit two letters of recommendation, must submit a copy of current school transcript. Apply at www.tulcofb.org<http://www.tulcofb.org/index.php?page=formScholarshipIntro>. Deadline: March 1
4. The following 5 scholarships are available through the Visalia Rotary Community Foundation- Applications are available in the RHS Counseling Office or visit http://www.visaliarcfoundation.org/scholarships/ to apply now!
5. The Dwelle Four Year Scholarship is a four year college scholarship for the Redwood High School graduate who maintains a 2.8 or greater grade point average. The scholarship can be as much as $3,000 per year for a full four years.
6. The Provident Salierno Family Foundation Music Scholarship is for students interested in a music career who maintains a 3.0 or greater grade point average. The scholarship currently provides about $600 per year for the student at the five high schools listed in the purpose.
7. The Richard B. "Dick" Watson $2,000 STEM Scholarship (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) scholarship consists of two, one-time scholarships awarded each year to students from either Redwood, Mt. Whitney, Golden West, or El Diamante high schools who have demonstrated excellence in both the classroom and extracurricular activities.
8. The Robert Harrell Career and Technical Education Scholarship currently gives approximately 30 scholarships at $1,000 each for various vocational technical programs. The scholarship is for a student who is from Visalia and is pursuing a vocational technical school in an accredited institution.
9. The Jane & Bill Nash Scholarship consists of a $4,000, one year college scholarship for a graduating Redwood High School senior who maintains an unweighted, grade point average between 2.8 and 3.5. Deadline: March 1
10. National Association of Theatre Owners of California/Nevada
Amount: $5,000 to $10,000 Criteria: Must be employed by a CA/NV member movie theater
Application Process: Apply at www.natocalnev.org<http://www.natocalnev.org/index.php/scholarship-programs> Deadline: March 2
11. C.S.U. Fresno Scholarships Amount Varies Criteria: Plan on attending Fresno State University
Application Process: Apply at www.csufresno.edu/scholarships
<http://www.csufresno.edu/scholarships>Deadline: March 2
12. Ruiz 4 Kids Scholarship Amount: Varies Criteria: HS senior, minimum 3.0 gpa, sealed school transcript, essay (instructions on web site), letter of recommendation, one-page resume.
Application Process: Apply at www.ruiz4kids.org/<http://www.ruiz4kids.org/> Deadline: March 9
13. Visalia Education Foundation- Various scholarships available Amount: up to $30,000
Visit: Visalia Ed Foundation<http://www.visaliaedfoundation.org/student-scholarships.html> to apply or see Mrs. Jauregui for an application Deadline: March 9
Secretary Student Services/Activities
Redwood High School
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 5189 bytes
More information about the RHS-Bulletin