Bulletin 03/21/18

Langer, Mani mlanger at visalia.k12.ca.us
Wed Mar 21 07:24:44 PDT 2018

REDWOOD HIGH SCHOOL BULLETIN   3/21/18
TODAY:

1.      Redwood High School Cheer Try-out Applications and Handbooks are available to be picked up in your office.  Deadline for applications to be turned is today, March 21 @4pm.

2.      Pro-MED Students, we will be taking a yearbook photo today at 3:30pm in front of the library. If you want to be part of the photo you must attend as there will be NO retakes! Business casual attire is required. If you have any questions, please stop by the XL Office in the upstairs library.

3.      SENIOR CAP AND GOWN DISTRIBUTION:  SENIORS need to report the Redwood Gym at 12:00 p.m. TODAY.  Jostens will be distributing pre-ordered graduation caps and gowns.

NEW ANNOUNCEMENT:

1.      Applications of LINK CREW 2018-2019 are available. If you are interested in being apart of our annual Freshman Orientation, Freshman Tailgate, Haunted House, AND mainly Getting to know and welcome new students to the Redwood Campus we would love for you to join our team of Link Leaders. Applications can be found in the main counseling office and with Mrs. Wall in PE. All apps are due on April 19th so don't wait to pick yours up time will fly by.
PREVIOUS ANNOUNCEMENTS:

2.      AP TESTING REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN.  AP Testing will take place May 7 - May 18.  To register for an AP Exam, students must complete a registration form and pay a $15, non-refundable, deposit per exam.  Registration forms are in the Counseling Office outside of Ms. Ashford's office.  The deadline to register is Thursday, March 22 at 3:30 p.m.  The cost is $94 per exam and any remaining balance not paid by March 22nd, will be due on the day of the exam.  If you qualify for free or reduced lunch or meet Federal Income Guidelines, you may qualify for a fee waiver.  All students qualify for a one-time fee waiver for one exam.  Please see Ms. Ashford to apply for other fee waivers.  If you have any questions regarding AP testing, please contact Ms. Ashford.

3.      SPRING BREAK will be from Monday March 26th thru Monday April 2rd.  Students return to school on Tuesday April 3rd.

4.      ATTENTION STUDENTS AND PARENTS:  Beginning on Tuesday April 3rd the Dollner Gate on the Sierra Vista Campus will NO LONGER BE AN ENTRY POINT FOR STUDENTS!!  This gate will remain locked before, during and after school.  All students or visitors must use the Main Door on Dollner to enter and exit the Sierra Vista Campus.

5.      Redwood Gates:  We will be using less school gates on campus as entry and exit points for before and after school.  The following gates will be available for students to use before and after school: 1) Gate between Administration Office and Ranger Hall that faces Main street. 2) Gate between Ranger Hall and Room 28 that faces Conyer Street.  3) Student parking lot gate between Industrial Ed building and the Science Building.  4) Gate on West side of LJ Williams nearest the Tennis courts.  5) Giddings gate under the Blue Bridge on the Main campus side.  6) Sierra Vista parking lot gate that faces Dollner St.  Please make sure you and your student take this update into consideration when arriving to school.  Student should be in class by 9:06am on Mondays, and in class by 8:12am on Tuesdays - Fridays.