Daily Bulletin 11-15-18
lhayslett at vusd.org
Wed Nov 14 15:01:00 PST 2018
REDWOOD HIGH SCHOOL [cid:image001.jpg at 01D47C2A.DAECA700]
1. How's a Steak dinner sound or BBQ Chicken? What about ribs? Well FEMINIST PERSPECTIVE is selling dinner tickets for those amazing options TODAY! One, 20 dollar, ticket gets you one meal option with three sides from Tahoe Joe's! See any Feminist Perspective member or Mr. Cazarez in room 45 to buy a ticket today! Cash only.
2. Got Stress? We've Got Dogs! Pro-MED Club will be hosting our furry four-legged friends from Paws-4-Healing TODAY during lunch in room 81 (choir room). Be prepared to smile for the rest of the day!
3. INTRAMURAL BASKETBALL is being held every Tuesday and Thursday in the gym during lunch. No lunch basketball on December 20th (Thursday during finals).
4. *Elk's National Foundation Most Valuable Student Amount: $1,000-$12,500 per year
Criteria: Must be a U.S. citizen and have a financial need; open to high school seniors who exhibit leadership qualities Application Process: Apply at www.elks.org<http://www.elks.org/ENF/scholars/mvs.cfm>
5. THE BURGER KING SCHOLARS program is offering scholarships up to $50,000. Criteria: high school senior with a cumulative 2.5gpa or above, and must be active in their community through volunteering, sports, clubs and/or religious organizations. Apply at http://burgerkingscholars.com/ Deadline: TODAY
SPORTS TODAY/EARLY RELEASES:
Cross Country @ Central Section CIF Championships 11:00 a.m./Early Release Varsity Boys & Girls 7:00 a.m.
1. ATTENTION STUDENTS: The Office DOES NOT ACCEPT food deliveries from parents or any delivery food services!!
2. ATTENTION: All girls who are interested in PLAYING SOFTBALL for the Rangers this spring, softball tryouts will be held Dec. 3-7. Varsity: Dec. 3 & 4, JV: Dec. 5-7. If you are currently in another sport you will be allowed to tryout at the conclusion of your sport. If you're interested, please notify Coach Rooney in room 56 or Coach Sanchez in room 201. You must be athletically "cleared" to participate.
3. FRENCH CLUB MEETS this Friday November 16th at lunch in room 47. Plans are underway for Christmas celebrations!
4. Come Support REDWOOD DANCE FORCE at Chipotle Mexican Grill Tuesday, November 27th from 5:00-9:00 p.m. Dance Force will receive 33% of all sales.
5. Here we go again: RED INK PRESENTS THE NOVEMBER CREATIVE WRITING CONTEST. Due date to enter November 27th. Our themes this month are Family, Nostalgia, Being Thankful, or The Weather. Optional lead in sentence (if you need some inspiration to get started): "The weather wasn't the only thing that changed." Entries must be shared with Miss Link via doc at mlink at vusd.us<mailto:mlink at vusd.us>. Poetry or short stories. Enter today for the chance to get published in the Gigantea and win a prize to boot. Any Redwood student can enter. We look forward to hearing from you.
6. FRESNO PACIFIC UNIVERSITY will be on campus during Periods 3 and 4 on Wednesday November 28th in the upstairs Library.
7. FOOT LOCKER SCHOLARSHIP
Amount: Up to $20,000 Criteria: *Be entering college in the Fall of 2019 as a Freshman at a four-year school for an undergraduate degree. *Be currently involved in high school sports, intramural sports, or community based sports. *Have a minimum GPA of 3.0. *Be a U.S. citizen or permanent legal resident (you will be asked to prove citizenship and age if you win). *Not be an employee, officer or director of Foot Locker, Inc., or any of its subsidiaries, or a member of the immediate family of such an employee, officer or director.Application Process: https://footlockerscholarathletes.com/about#judgingDeadline: December 14
8. COMCAST LEADERS AND ACHIEVERS(r) SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM Criteria: *Have a demonstrated commitment to community service, outstanding qualities in character, integrity and leadership *Be enrolled as a high school senior *Reside in a community served by Comcast and/or in one of the following NBC or Telemundo markets: Boston, Chicago, Dallas-Fort Worth, El Paso, Los Angeles, McAllen (TX.), New York, Orlando, Philadelphia, Phoenix, San Antonio, San Diego, and Washington, D.C. Please enter zip code below to confirm eligibility *Plan to enroll in full-time undergraduate study at an accredited two- or four-year college or university or vocational-technical college in the United States for the entire 2019-2020 academic year *Have a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (or its equivalent) *Demonstrate financial need. Application process: Apply at https://learnmore.scholarsapply.org/leadersandachievers/?utm_source=ComContacte1&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Comcast2019&_hsenc=p2ANqtz--a7uehwkX17gq1jYWLG16nMbln8YpLwQy4Kxi2IwA9HBrEy158MHyQT4WZxYOG67KcGe4YWRFwtvCeGefGeZnQeq9Cxg&_hsmi=66958278 Deadline: December 7
9. EECU EDUCATIONAL GRANT SCHOLARSHIP
Amount: $2,000 Criteria: You must be a member, joint member or joint owner of Educational Employees Credit Union a minimum of 6 months prior to application close date. Account must be in good standing. Application Process: http://www.myeecu.org/home/resources/mycommunity/student-grant-program
Application Deadline: December 7
10. EDISON INTERNATIONAL'S $1.2 MILLION EDISON SCHOLARS PROGRAM will award $40,000 scholarships paid over four years to 30 high school seniors planning to major in science, technology, engineering or math (STEM) fields at accredited four-year colleges and universities. The Edison Scholars Program eligibility requirements include: High school senior must live or attend a high school in Southern California Edison (SCE)'s service area or attend an eligible high school surrounding SCE's San Onofre Nuclear Generating Station, cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher, plan to be a full-time undergraduate student majoring in Mathematics, Engineering, Computer and Information Services, Management Information Systems, Natural Resources and Conservation or Physical Sciences and demonstrate financial need. Please visit www.scholarsapply.org/edisonscholars<http://www.scholarsapply.org/edisonscholars> to learn more Deadline: December 14
11. FOOT LOCKER SCHOLARSHIP Amount: Up to $20,000 Criteria: *Be entering college in the Fall of 2019 as a Freshman at a four-year school for an undergraduate degree. *Be currently involved in high school sports, intramural sports, or community based sports. *Have a minimum GPA of 3.0. *Be a U.S. citizen or permanent legal resident (you will be asked to prove citizenship and age if you win). *Not be an employee, officer or director of Foot Locker, Inc., or any of its subsidiaries, or a member of the immediate family of such an employee, officer or director. Application Process: https://footlockerscholarathletes.com/about#judging Deadline: December 14
12. Redwood High School Local Scholarship Application
Amount: Varies Criteria: Varies Sign up for the RHS Google Classroom to access application: class code ljb3sp Deadline: December 21
1. ATTENTION BAND AND ORCHESTRA STUDENTS: pictures will be taken on November 16th during class.
2. FRESNO STATE SMITTCAMP HONORS COLLEGE PRESENTATION: Our own Redwood alumni Adam Miller and Logan Kearnan will be presenting information about Fresno State's Smittcamp Family Honors College to any interested Redwood students. If you meet or exceed one or more of the following criteria, then you should definitely consider applying: Minimum 3.8 high school GPA, Ranking in the top 10 percent of your high school graduating class, Combined SAT score of 1200 or ACT average score of 27. The presentation will be during 3rd period in the Cafeteria on Friday November 16th. Any interested student can sign-up in the Redwood Counseling Office if you would like to attend.
3. A THANKSGIVING FOOD DRIVE SPONSORED BY CSF CLUB will be held this week. Please bring nonperishable food to room 108 by Friday, November 16th. Food will be donated to the Visalia Rescue Mission. Be sure that the goods have not expired and that they are in good condition (no dents, torn wrappings, etc.). Let's show our gratitude!!!
4. GOBBLE GRAMS ARE HERE!!! LINK CREW will be selling THANKSGIVING GRAMS in the Quad at lunch all next week. Send a thank you to your friends for being there or simply get yourself some candy to get you through Friday before break. All grams will be delivered Friday the 16th during 5th period.
5. Hello Rangers! CHRISTIANS IN ACTION (CIA) are hosting a CHRISTMAS SHOE BOX PROJECT called Operation Christmas Child. You will have the chance to help children in need around the world. If you would like to be a part of this, please contact Mr. Tadeo at atadeo at vusd.us<mailto:atadeo at vusd.us> or pick up your Pack A Shoe Box form in Mr. Orosco's classroom in room 39. Deadline and drop off will be November 19th in Room 39.
6. THANKSGIVING HOLIDAYS will be November 19th thru November 23rd. Students return to school on Monday November 26th!
7. FALL BLOOD DRIVE will be held on November 29th.
8. CSF NEWS: Our next CSF MEETING is December 5th at lunch in the gym. In addition, there is a community service opportunity at Kaweah Preserves on November 17th from 9:00 -11:00 am. If interested, please pick up forms in room 108 and return them by November 14th. To receive updated notices, text "@rangercsf" to 81010.
9. Come and get your REDWOOD SCARF for $20 (CASH ONLY!) to benefit REDWOOD BOYS SOCCER TEAM. If interested, please stop by and see Mrs. Torres in the Counseling Office.
1. SENIORS: The CSF Michelson Award is open to all CSF members who are currently seniors. MEMBERS HAVE UNTIL DECEMBER 22ND TO SUBMIT ESSAYS in response to the prompt published on the CSF website. One award of $1,000 will be given. For more info, go to: https://csf-cjsf.org/csf-awards/ or see Ms. Cheatwood in room 108.
1. *College of the Sequoias Scholarship Application
Amount: Varies Application Process: Apply at https://cos.scholarships.ngwebsolutions.com/CMXAdmin/Cmx_Content.aspx?cpId=496
Deadline: November 26
2. *CIF/Farmers Scholar-Athlete
Amount: up to $5,000 Criteria: 3.5gpa or above, Varsity sport at least two years including senior year, display the 6 Pillars of Character Visit http://www.cifstate.org/parents-students/awards_and_scholarships/sa/SCHOLAR_2019_APPLICATION_FINAL.pdf to apply
Deadline: Must be postmarked by February 19
3. *Tulare County Farm Bureau-
Amount: Varies ($500-$2000) Criteria: Must attend high school or have graduated from a high school in Tulare County, must complete and return application (paper or online), must submit two letters of recommendation, must submit a copy of current school transcript.
Apply at www.tulcofb.org<http://www.tulcofb.org/index.php?page=formScholarshipIntro>
Deadline: March 1
Secretary Student Services
Redwood High School
Secretary Student Services
Redwood High School
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 5189 bytes
More information about the RHS-Bulletin