12.12.19 Daily Bulletin

Cisneros, Christina ccisneros at vusd.org
Wed Dec 11 15:41:21 PST 2019

REDWOOD HIGH SCHOOL             [mr.ranger]
DAILY BULLETIN
12/12/19

TODAY:

1.      LET'S GEAR UP FOR FINALS WEEK! Ablaze Catholic Club and Interact Club invite you for a cup of free hot chocolate and Mexican bread on Thursday, December 12 before school in the library. Grab your friends and come get energized for the week ahead.  See you in the library on Thursday before school. Hot chocolate and Mexican bread... mmm delicious!

2.      TIS THE SEASON FOR GIVING TO OTHERS: Link Crew will be selling Holly Grams TODAY through the 13th for $1.00 during lunch at the quad. They will be delivered back on the 17th, Tuesday before finals. Make sure to buy one to surprise your friends with!

3.      ATTENTION GIRLS: if you are interested in playing softball for the Rangers in the spring, tryouts for girls not involved in another sport will be as follows; JV: TODAY through the 13th. You must be athletically cleared to participate. If you have questions see Coach Sanchez at Sierra Vista Rm.P2, or Coach Rooney Metal Shop Rm. 56

SPORTS TODAY/EARLY RELEASES:

Girls Basketball @ Exeter Varsity Tourney 8:00pm

Girls Basketball @ Lemoore Frosh/JV Tourney 6:45pm

NEW ANNOUNCEMENT:

PREVIOUS ANNOUNCEMENTS:

1.      ASB IS HOSTING THEIR ANNUAL "GIFTS OF GIVING- TRICKY TRAY" event Friday, December 13th at 5:30pm.  The raffle will be drawn at 6:30pm.  It is going to be a great event for people of all ages.  We will have food vendors, games and entertainment.  We are lucky to have amazing performances by our Ranger Choir and Band. Come out and enjoy a fun night with friends and family.  All money raised will be donated to CASA Foster Care and Transition Children's Services.  If you or someone you know would like to donate a basket please stop by room 31 so we can give you more information.

2.      SAVE THE DATE!!!  The Redwood Ranger Marching Band and Color Guard's 15th Annual Holiday Home Tour will be December 14th from 12pm-5pm.  Stay tuned for information on ticket sales!!!

3.      ATTENTION Rangers: Need help cramming for your finals? Your house just not cutting it? Join Link Crew and teachers at Cookies and Cram December 16th from 6:30pm to 8:30pm in the academic building. Cookies and milk will be provided to help fuel your last minuet student session.

4.      PLAN TO EAT or order from Rosa's Italian Restaurant on Tuesday December 17th, from 5-9 pm.  Mention Redwood Mock Trial for us to receive 15% of your tab.   Help us get to our competitions and pay for hotel and travel expenses.

5.      HOLIDAY ORCHESTRA CONCERT will be on Tuesday December 17th at 7:00 p.m. El Diamante Theater.

6.      OVERDUE LIBRARY BOOKS - If you checked out library books for independent reading from August 25th through November 20th are now in overdue and will be marked as lost on December 19th.  Please renew or return ASAP.

7.      BAND CONCERT will be on Wednesday, December 18th at 7:0opm at the L.J. Williams Theatre.

8.      FINAL EXAMS will be December 18th, 19th and 20th.  Bell Schedule will be in the bulletin on those days.

9.      FBLA NEEDS YOUR HELP! Rangers deserve to be feelin' fresh, but sometimes money is tight. FBLA is creating a hygiene closet on campus this school year and we need donated items to stock it. If you can, please donate any hygiene items (Shampoo/ Conditioner, Soap, Toothbrush/Toothpaste, Lotion, Deodorant, Fem. Hyg. Products, Brush/Comb, etc.) to Room 203 or Room 74 anytime throughout the rest of the semester. For more information, please feel free to contact Mrs. Moore (smoore at vusd.org<mailto:smoore at vusd.org>). THANKS RANGERS!

10.  HEY GAMERS! RHS eSports is doing awesome things in the fall season! Remember you can check out all of our games live on our Twitch and you can see the videos on our YouTube Channel too!

11.  ATTENTTION ALL STUDENTS! Come by the lost and found located in the nurse's office if you lost or misplaced an item. All items that are not picked up will be donated at the end of THIS semester.
SENIORS:

1.      ATTENTION CSF SENIORS who will achieve 100% lifetime status with first semester grades: If you are interested in applying for the 2020 Seymour, Sealbearer, or Redwood CSF Scholarships, please come by room 108 ASAP to pick up the application qualifications and instructions.  The deadline for applying for these 3 types of scholarships is Friday, December 20th. One of the requirements is a double spaced letter from a community service organization.  For questions, see Ms. Cheatwood or email her at gcheatwood at vusd.org<mailto:gcheatwood at vusd.org>.

2.      1,000 WORDS FOR $1,000!  The Michelson Memorial Award is open to all seniors who are current members of CSF.  Members have until December 22nd to submit essays in response to the prompt published at the CSF state website:   https://csf-cjsf.org/csf-awards/.  Our chapter number is 512 and will be required to submit an entry.  For questions, see Mrs. Cheatwood in room 108.
SCHOLARSHIPS:

1.      JUNIORS AND SENIORS: College Board has launched the College Board Opportunity Scholarship. Please visit https://opportunity.collegeboard.org/ for additional information. Scholarship deadlines vary.

2.      FOOT LOCKER SCHOLARSHIP

Amount: Up to $20,000

Criteria:

*         Be entering college in the Fall of 2019 as a Freshman at a four-year school for an undergraduate degree.

*         Be currently involved in high school sports, intramural sports, or community based sports.

*         Have a minimum GPA of 3.0.

*         Be a U.S. citizen or permanent legal resident (you will be asked to prove citizenship and age if you win).

*         Not be an employee, officer or director of Foot Locker, Inc., or any of its subsidiaries, or a member of the immediate family of such an employee, officer or director.

Application Process: https://footlockerscholarathletes.com/about#judging

DEADLINE: DECEMBER 13

3.      THE BURGER KING SCHOLARS

AMOUNT: SCHOLARSHIPS UP TO $50,000. Criteria: high school senior with a cumulative 2.5 GPA or above, and must be active in their community through volunteering, sports, clubs and/or religious organizations.

Apply at https://burgerkingscholars.com/

DEADLINE: DECEMBER 15

4.      EDISON INTERNATIONAL'S $1.2 MILLION EDISON SCHOLARS PROGRAM will award $40,000 scholarships paid over four years to 30 high school seniors planning to major in science, technology, engineering or math (STEM) fields at accredited four-year colleges and universities. The Edison Scholars Program eligibility requirements include: High school senior must live or attend a high school in Southern California Edison (SCE)'s service area or attend an eligible high school surrounding SCE's San Onofre Nuclear Generating Station, cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher, plan to be a full-time undergraduate student majoring in Mathematics, Engineering, Computer and Information Services, Management Information Systems, Natural Resources and Conservation or Physical Sciences and demonstrate financial need.

Please visit www.scholarsapply.org/edisonscholars to learn more

DEADLINE: DECEMBER 16

Christina Cisneros
Redwood High School
Admin Assistant Spanish Student Services
(559)622-3485 ext. 255