12.19.19 Daily Bulletin

Cisneros, Christina ccisneros at vusd.org
Wed Dec 18 15:27:47 PST 2019

REDWOOD HIGH SCHOOL             [cid:image001.jpg at 01D5B5B7.B3266C20]
DAILY BULLETIN
Thursday, 12/19/19

TODAY:
1st Semester/ December Finals Bell Schedule

Period 0          7:03 - 8:00
Period 3          8:10 - 10:10
Break              10:10 - 10:21
Period 4          10:30 - 12:30
Lunch               12:30 - 1:20
Make-up          1:23 - 3:15

1.      FINAL EXAMS start TODAY through December 20th.
SPORTS TODAY/EARLY RELEASES:
Boys Basketball @ Tulare Varsity Tourney 7:00pm
Boys Basketball @ Madera JV Tourney 6:00pm
Girls Soccer @ Clovis 3:00/4:30pm
Boys Soccer @ Clovis 3:00/6:00pm
NEW ANNOUNCEMENT:

PREVIOUS ANNOUNCEMENTS:

  1.  ATTENTION students! If you are interested in playing baseball, Monday January 13th is the start date and first day of tryouts.
  2.  FBLA NEEDS YOUR HELP!  Rangers deserve to be feeling fresh, but sometimes money is tight.  FBLA is creating a hygiene closet on campus this school year and we need donated items to stock it.  If you can, please donate any hygiene items (Shampoo/Conditioner, Soap, Toothbrush/Toothpaste, Lotion, Deodorant, Feminine Hygiene Products, Brush/Comb, etc.) to Room 203 or Room 74 anytime throughout the rest of the semester.  For more information, please feel free to contact Mrs. Moore (smorre at vusd.org<mailto:smorre at vusd.org>). Thanks Rangers!
  3.  ATTENTION ALL STUDENTS!  Come by the LOST AND FOUND located in the Nurse's Office if you lost or misplaced an item.  ALL ITEMS THAT ARE NOT PICKED UP will be donated at the end of THIS SEMESTER.
  4.  HEY GAMERS!  RHS Esports is doing awesome things in the fall season!  Remember you can check out all of our games live on our Twitch and you can see the videos on our YouTube Channel too!

SENIORS:

  1.  ATTENTION CSF SENIORS will achieve 100% Lifetime Status with first semester grades:  If you are interested in applying for the 2020 Seymour, Sealbearer, or Redwood CSF Scholarships, please come by Room 108 ASAP to pick up the application qualifications and instructions.  The DEADLINE for Applying for these 3 types of scholarships is Friday December 20th.  One of the requirements is a double spaced letter from a community service organization.  For questions, see Mrs. Cheatwood or email her at gcheatwood at vusd.org<mailto:gcheatwood at vusd.org>
  2.  1,000 WORDS FOR $1,000!  The Michelson Memorial Award is open to ALL SENIORS who are current members of CSF.  Members have until December 22nd to submit essays in response to the prompt published at the CSF state website: https://csf-cjsf.org/csf.org/csf-awards/.  Our Chapter Number is 512 and will be required to submit and entry.  For questions, see Mrs. Cheatwood in Room 108.
SCHOLARSHIPS:

  1.  JUNIORS AND SENIORS: College Board has launched the College Board Opportunity Scholarship. Please visit https://opportunity.collegeboard.org/ for additional information. Scholarship deadlines vary.

2.      REDWOOD HIGH SCHOOL LOCAL SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION

Amount: Varies

Criteria: Varies

Sign up for the RHS Google Classroom to access application

Deadline: January 17th

3.      EM THARP INC./WORLD AG EXPO SCHOLARSHIPS

Eligibility:

*         Current seniors planning to enroll in a 4-year university next school year

*         Accepted by an accredited 4-year university

*         Future educational goals must be in ag/Industrial/Business

*         Incomplete or late applications will not be considered
Apply online at https://worldagexpo.com/scholarships
Deadline: January 17th

4.      RUIZ 4 KIDS SCHOLARSHIPS

AMOUNT: Varies

Criteria: HS senior, minimum 3.0gpa for students attending a 4yr college, 2.5gpa for students attending a 2yr college or trade school, sealed school transcripts, essay (instructions on web), letter of recommendation, one-page resume.

Application Process: Apply at http://www.ruiz4kids.org/scholarships/

Deadline: February 20th

5.      SONS OF ITALY 2019 NATIONAL LEADERSHIP GRANT COMPETITION

Amount: $5,000-$25,000

Criteria: Visit Website

Application Process: https://www.osia.org/programs/scholarships/

Deadline: February 28

Christina Cisneros
Redwood High School
Admin Assistant Spanish Student Services
(559)622-3485 ext. 255