Bulletin 02/28/19

Langer, Mani mlanger at vusd.org
Thu Feb 28 09:30:37 PST 2019

REDWOOD HIGH SCHOOL BULLETIN

2/28/19

TODAY

1.      SPRING FLING DANCE will be on March 2nd from 8:00 - 11:00 p.m. in the RHS Gym.  Tickets will go on sale TODAY before school, during lunch and after school.  Last day to purchase tickets Friday UNTIL 1:00 p.m.  $10.00 with ASB sticker; $20 without ASB sticker and $40 at the door.  If student is bringing another student outside VUSD needs to fill out a Guest Dance Pass in order to purchase tickets.  ALL FINES MUST BE CLEARED to purchase a ticket and bring student ID.

SPORTS TODAY/EARLY RELEASES:

12:15pm--Boys Golf

2:00pm--Softball--2:00pm

2:30pm--Boys Tennis

NEW ANNOUNCEMENT:

1.      SENIORS! MARCH 2ND, is the PRIORITY FINANCIAL AID FILING DEADLINE for most colleges and universities and the absolute deadline for submission of your Cal Grant application. Visit Fafsa.ed.gov<http://Fafsa.ed.gov> for more information.

2.      Tuesday, March 5th, we will be hosting a JUNIOR CLASS MEETING in the Redwood Gym at 12:10pm. Juniors will need to be released from class at 12:05pm to head to the gym.  The purpose of this meeting is to go over the upcoming CAASPP EXAM that we will be proctoring to all Juniors.

PREVIOUS ANNOUNCEMENTS

1.      WRITING ON THE WALLS, the school wide writing and art contest is now open and accepting poetry, prose and art submissions. Anyone who is a current student at RHS can enter. For rules or more info see Miss Link in room 103 or email her at mlink at vusd.us<mailto:mlink at vusd.us<mailto:mlink at vusd.us%3cmailto:mlink at vusd.us>>. Winners will be published in the form of posters hung up around school and will be honored at a special event called Poets On The Plaza. Deadline to enter is March 1.  Good luck and may the odds be always in your favor.

2.      BUFF BALL will be on March 1st at 5:00 p.m. in the RHS Gym.

3.      THE OUTDOOR CLUB is heading to the mountains! Would you like to join us? There are still a few slots available for our March 2nd hike in Sequoia National Park. We'll be hiking the Paradise Creek Trail. If you're interested in joining us, please see Mr. McNitt in room 106 for details and permission slips.

4.      The annual RHS CAR SHOW is being held on Wednesday March 6th!  We invite everyone who would like to showcase their car to sign up by Monday March 4th!  Sign-up sheets are in Room 81 and Mr. Cox's Room 55.

5.      CHOIR PRE-FESTIVAL CONCERT will be on March 4th at 7:00 p.m. in the LJ Williams Theater.

6.      DANCE PROGRAM ADS - If you are interested in placing a personal or business ad in the 2019 Dance Program please email Mrs. Bardonnex or Mrs. Lapp.  The due date for the ads is March 5th ebardonnex at vusd.org<mailto:ebardonnex at vusd.org<mailto:ebardonnex at vusd.org%3cmailto:ebardonnex at vusd.org>> or mlapp at vusd.org<mailto:mlapp at vusd.org<mailto:mlapp at vusd.org%3cmailto:mlapp at vusd.org>

7.      RHS CAR SHOW is being held on March 6th.

8.      AP TESTING REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN.  AP TESTING will take place May 6 - May 17.  To register for an AP Exam, students must complete a registration form and pay for the exam in the Finance Office (cash only) or online at our Ranger Webstore.  Registration forms are in the Counseling Office outside of Ms. Ashford's office and on our school webpage.  The deadline to register is Wednesday March 27th at 3:30 p.m.  The cost is $94 per exam.  If you qualify for free or reduced lunch or meet Federal Income Guidelines, you may qualify for a fee waiver.  All students qualify for a one-time fee waiver for one exam.  Please see Ms. Ashford to apply for other fee waivers.  If you have any questions regarding AP testing, please contact Ms. Ashford.

SENIORS:

GRAD NITE is Thursday May 16th.  We will be leaving Redwood from the Mineral King Parking Lot to head to Magic Mountain at 7:00 p.m.