Daily Bulletin 10-3-19
lhayslett at vusd.org
Wed Oct 2 15:17:57 PDT 2019
REDWOOD HIGH SCHOOL [cid:image001.jpg at 01D57934.92290600]
1. JUNIORS: The PSAT will be held on Wednesday October 16th; cost is $18.00 per student. REGISTRATION STARTS TODAY AND WILL CLOSE ONCE ALL SPOTS ARE FILLED. SPACE IS LIMITED AND IS ON A FIRST-COME, FIRST SIGN-UP BASIS. Students can pay $18 in the Finance Center (Before School, after school and at lunch). Cash or Card only. No checks. Students may also pay online through the Ranger Web Store. https://www.vusd.org/redwood There is a small convenience fee. The Fall PSAT is designed for 11th grade students only. 9th and 10th grade students will have the opportunity to take the PSAT in spring 2020. There are a limited number of fee waivers available. See Mr. Matta regarding fee waiver guidelines.
2. MOONLIGHT HARVEST DANCE: Will be held on SATURDAY, OCTOBER 5TH from 8:00p.m.-11:00 p.m. in the Mt. Whitney High School Gym. TICKETS ON SALE TODAY - Friday, October 4th. You can purchase tickets in the Finance Office with Mrs. Bruder before school, during lunch, or after 6th period. There will be NO SALES afterschool on Friday October 4th, only before school and lunch. Tickets are sold as single tickets only and are $15 w/ASB, $25 w/o ASB & $45 at the door. If your date to the dance is NOT a VUSD student you must have an approved guest pass. You can pick up guest passes in the Finance Office. All students must be cleared of all fines in order to be eligible to purchase a ticket. In addition, you must have a valid student I.D. to purchase your ticket and at the door to be admitted to the dance. No exceptions!
3. AP TESTING REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN. AP TESTING will take place May 4th - May 15th. To register for an AP Exam, students must complete a registration form and pay for the exam in the Finance Office (cash only) or online at our Ranger Webstore. Registration forms are in the Counseling Office outside of Ms. Molina's office. The deadline to register is Tuesday, November 5th at 3:30 p.m. The cost is $94 per exam. If you qualify for free or reduced lunch or meet Federal Income Guidelines, you may qualify for a fee waiver. All students qualify for a one-time fee waiver for one exam. Please see Ms. Molina to apply for other fee waivers. If you have any questions regarding AP testing, please contact Ms. Molina.
4. HISTORY DAY will be MEETING at lunch ONLY this week TODAY in Room 33 no after school meeting. Next week the club will meet at lunch and after school. The focus of the club is to create a historical project, such as a, website, documentary, exhibit, performance, or a paper. Projects are based on this year's competition theme "Breaking Barriers." All projects can be created individually or in a group!
5. UNDERCLASSMAN PICTURE MAKE-UP DAY TODAY from 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. in the Redwood Library.
6. SENIOR PICTURE MAKE-UP DAY TODAY from 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. in the Library.
7. MULTICULTURAL CLUB, we will be MEETING in Room 70 TODAY at lunch. Hope to see you there!! New members are always welcome!
SPORTS TODAY/EARLY RELEASES:
Girls Golf @ Mt. Whitney 2:00 p.m./Early Release 11:30 a.m.
Volleyball vs. Lemoore 4:30/5:30/6:30 p.m.
Boys Water Polo vs. Mt. Whitney 4:30/5:30 p.m.
Girls Water Polo vs. Mt. Whitney 6:30/7:30 p.m.
Football vs. Lemoore - Frosh/JV 5:00/7:00 p.m.
1. OAK GROVE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL FALL CARNIVAL will be on Friday October 4th from 5:00 - 8:00 p.m. They are looking for volunteers to help and if interested contact erinlargoza01 at gmail.com<mailto:erinlargoza01 at gmail.com> or sign up at https://signup.com/go/dqLuyfr. Petting Zoo and games.
2. REDWOOD ASB is hosting a Cowhide t-shirt design contest! We would love to get as much participation as possible. Designs are due by Monday October 7th at 3:30pm. They can be submitted by email to haston at vusd.org<mailto:haston at vusd.org> or dropped off in room 31. The design contest is open to all students and staff. Submit your designs for a chance to be the creator of this year's cowhide t-shirt!
3. Come join us! THE COLORING CLUB will be MEETING (and of course, coloring) Monday October 7th in room 103 at lunch. Everyone is welcome. Coloring Club, it's like recess for your mind.
4. A UC SAN DIEGO representative will be on campus Monday October 7th during 5th period in the upstairs library. Sign up in the Counseling Office.
5. RED INK, REDWOOD'S CREATIVE WRITING CLUB, will be MEETING this Tuesday October 8th at lunch in room 103. Anyone can come, everyone is welcome, come help us plan our writing contests for the year and maybe even do a little writing.
6. SAGU COLLEGE REPRESENTATIVE will be on campus Friday October 11th during 2nd period in the Upstairs Library. Sign up in the Counseling Office.
1. Redwood Students, do you need volunteer hours for your service club or college entrance requirements? Mineral King Elementary School's PTA is looking for students interested in volunteering for their annual carnival on October 4th from 4:30pm to 7:30pm. If you or your club is interested in volunteering please call Mary Garcia from Mineral King PTA at 559-799-9161.
2. SENIORS: Time to order your graduation supplies. Jostens will be on campus Friday October 4th to help you place your orders. Take advantage of the easiest and least expensive time to order. Extra information packets are in the office.
3. JUNIORS: Jostens will be here Friday October 4th for a make-up day for class ring orders. Come see them before school, at lunch or after school. They will be set up in the Upstairs Library.
4. CSF is selling t-shirts to all current members and to freshmen for $10 each. We will wear these for community service projects, club days, and for our yearbook picture. Don't miss out! Come by room 108 to order by October 4th.
5. GIRLS WRESTLING CONDITIONING starts Monday October 7th from 6pm-7pm in the wrestling room. Conditioning will be on Monday's and Wednesdays.
6. FALL CHOIR CONCERT Tuesday October 8th at 7:00 p.m. in the LJ Williams Theatre.
7. GAY-STRAIGHT ALLIANCE (GSA) will be MEETING Tuesday October 8th in room 38 during lunch. Our mission is to help create an accepting environment regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity through education, support, social action, and advocacy. So if you're looking for a safe and accepting place to have lunch, join us!
8. RHS FALL PLAY UP THE DOWN STAIRCASE IS COMING!!! October 9th,10th and 12th at 7:00 pm and the 12th at 2:00 p.m. as well. $8 general admission, $12 reserved seating. Tickets can be purchased from Mrs. Galvan in Room 15 or Online at redwoodrangersdrama.ludus.com Come join us at the Rotary Theater for an evening of laughs as we take a look at the bureaucracy of public education.
9. The SATURDAY ACADEMY is up and running. Fall semester dates are: October 12th and 26th November 2nd and 16th December 7th. If you are a senior, this recovers any previous absences. The Academy is from 8:00 a.m. - 12:15 p.m. Please be on time and enter through the gate between the cafeteria and the auto shop. Please check with attendance office to find out which teachers will be holding classes!
1. THE WIZARD OF OZ 2020 AUDITIONS ARE COMING October 15th at 6:00 pm or October 16th at 4:00 pm. Drama Room 15 Sierra Vista. Callbacks will be October 17th at 6:00 pm.
11. COLLEGE OF THE SEQUOIAS is hosting an event for both parents and Junior/Senior High School students with an interest in Majoring in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math). October 25th from 6:00 - 9:00 p.m., sign up at: www.cos.edu/ndc<http://www.cos.edu/ndc>
12. Soroptimist International of Visalia will be hosting a one-day DREAM IT BE IT CAREER CONFERENCE for girls on October 26th from 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. There is no charge to attend but preregistration is required. Register online at https://www.sivisalia.org/dream-it-be-it. The conference will be held at the First Presbyterian Church in Visalia with activities and lunch will be included.
13. ATTENTION SENIORS, JUNIORS AND SOPHOMORES: Just a reminder that if you accumulate 10 unexcused tardies and or 10 Unverified/Unexcused Absences then your off campus lunch privileges will be revoked for the remainder of the grading period. Please get to class and be on time. If you have absences for being sick, court, or family emergencies please have your parents call the attendance office. Freshman if you accumulate 10 unexcused tardies you will serve detention to make up missed time during lunch.
1. JUNIORS AND SENIORS: College Board has launched the College Board Opportunity Scholarship. Please visit https://opportunity.collegeboard.org/ for additional information. Scholarship deadlines vary.
2. AES Engineer Scholarship
Criteria: Future leaders in all areas attending a college or university, it is not required
to be an engineer to receive this scholarship
Application Process: Apply at http://www.aesengineers.com/scholarships.htm
Deadline: October 6
3. Haz La U Scholarship
Amount: up to $15,000 grant
*Be of Hispanic heritage. *Be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident of the United States with a valid Social Security Number at the time of application. All legal permanent residents must submit a copy of their valid permanent resident card or passport stamped I-551 (not expired). *Have a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale. *Be pursuing or plan to pursue your first undergraduate degree *Have plans to enroll full-time in a degree seeking program at a two or four year U.S. accredited institution in the U.S., Puerto Rico, U. S. Virgin Islands, or Guam during the next academic year *To apply, applicants must currently be a high school senior, entering a two year or four year college next school year. *Must apply for federal financial aid by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)Apply at : www.colgate.com/hazlau<https://www.colgatepalmolive.com/en-us/core-values/community-responsibility/make-the-u> Deadline: October 15
4. Coca-Cola Scholars Foundation Scholarship
Amount: $1,000 to $5,000 per year
Criteria: Applicants must be: *Current high school (or home-schooled) seniors attending school in the U.S. (or select DoD schools) *U.S. Citizens, U.S. Nationals, U.S. Permanent Residents, Refugees, Asylees, Cuban-Haitian Entrants, or Humanitarian Parolees *Anticipating completion of high school diploma at the time of application *Planning to pursue a degree at an accredited U.S. post-secondary institution Application Process: Apply at https://webportalapp.com/sp/login/ccsf
Deadline: October 31
5. Elk's National Foundation Most Valuable Student
Amount: $1,000-$12,500 per year
Criteria: Must be a U.S. citizen and have a financial need; open to high school seniors who exhibit leadership qualities Application Process: Apply at www.elks.org<http://www.elks.org/ENF/scholars/mvs.cfm> Deadline: November 5.
Secretary Student Services
Redwood High School
Administrative Assistant Student Services and Activities
Redwood High School
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 5189 bytes
More information about the RHS-Bulletin