Daily Bulletin 10-16-19
lhayslett at vusd.org
Tue Oct 15 15:39:12 PDT 2019
REDWOOD HIGH SCHOOL [cid:image001.jpg at 01D5836E.B140C1B0]
1. AP TESTING REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN. AP TESTING will take place May 4th - May 15th. To register for an AP Exam, students must complete a registration form and pay for the exam in the Finance Office (cash only) or online at our Ranger Webstore. Registration forms are in the Counseling Office outside of Ms. Molina's office. The deadline to register is Tuesday, November 5th at 3:30 p.m. The cost is $94 per exam. If you qualify for free or reduced lunch or meet Federal Income Guidelines, you may qualify for a fee waiver. All students qualify for a one-time fee waiver for one exam. Please see Ms. Molina to apply for other fee waivers. If you have any questions regarding AP testing, please contact Ms. Molina.
1. THE WIZARD OF OZ 2020 AUDITIONS ARE TODAY at 4:00 pm. Drama Room 15 Sierra Vista. Callbacks will be October 17th at 6:00 pm.
3. FEMINIST PERSPECTIVE will be in the Quad TODAY at lunch, we will be with ACT for Women and Girls handing out information on was to get involved and learn about the club and organization! Stop by and say hello!
SPORTS TODAY/EARLY RELEASES:
Girls Tennis @ Mt. Whitney 4:00 p.m./Early Release 2:30 p.m.
Volleyball vs. Hanford 4:30/5:30/6:30 p.m.
Girls Water Polo @ Golden West 4:30/5:30 p.m./Early Release 2:30 p.m.
Boys Water Polo @ Golden West 6:30/7:30 p.m.
Football vs. Hanford - Frosh 5:00 p.m.
1. BOYS TENNIS: There will be a meeting after school Thursday October 17th in Mr. Brown's Sierra Vista Campus Room 14A for those wanting to play tennis. Would like to elect officers, discuss uniforms, clearance, and practice schedule.
2. COWHIDE DRESS UP DAYS: Monday October 28th - Pajama Day; Tuesday October 29th - Mathlete vs. Athlete; Wednesday October 30th - ER Day (anything that ends in ER); Thursday October 31st - Spooky Halloween; Friday November 1st - Ranger Blue.
1. RHS BAND BOOSTER MEETING will be on Thursday October 17th in the Choir Room at 6:00 p.m.
2. MULTICULTURAL APPRECIATION CLUB is MEETING this Thursday October 17th in Room 70 during lunch. Hope you all can make it! Everyone's welcome!
3. Attention One and All!!!! LINK CREW is hosting its ANNUAL HAUNTED HOUSE FRIDAY OCTOBER 18TH!!! Redwood Asylum will run from 6:30pm-9:00 pm on Sierra Vista campus. Come check out biggest event of the year with your friends and family. Food and Carnival games will also be available for all to enjoy if the haunted house is not your thing. All freshmen will get 1 free entry with ID cards; all other entries are $2.00.
4. COLLEGE OF THE SEQUOIAS is hosting an event for both parents and Junior/Senior High School students with an interest in Majoring in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math). October 25th from 6:00 - 9:00 p.m., sign up at: www.cos.edu/ndc<http://www.cos.edu/ndc>
5. Soroptimist International of Visalia will be hosting a one-day DREAM IT BE IT CAREER CONFERENCE for girls on October 26th from 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. There is no charge to attend but preregistration is required. Register online at https://www.sivisalia.org/dream-it-be-it. The conference will be held at the First Presbyterian Church in Visalia with activities and lunch will be included.
6. The OUTDOOR CLUB will be heading back to Sequoia National Park on October 26th. If you want to join us for a great hike that includes high country views and giant trees, stop by Mr. McNitt's Room (106) to pick up a permission slip. As always, this hike is completely free and transportation will be provided. We hope to see you there.
7. A FRESNO PACIFIC UNIVERSITY representative will be on campus Thursday November 7th during 6th period in the upstairs library. Sign up in the Counseling Office.
8. The ASVAB TEST will be held on Tuesday November 12th for those interested in taking it. The test begins at 8:00 a.m. in the Downstairs Library. Sign up in the Counseling Office.
9. ATTENTION SENIORS, JUNIORS AND SOPHOMORES: Just a reminder that if you accumulate 10 unexcused tardies and or 10 Unverified/Unexcused Absences then your off campus lunch privileges will be revoked for the remainder of the grading period. Please get to class and be on time. If you have absences for being sick, court, or family emergencies please have your parents call the attendance office. Freshman if you accumulate 10 unexcused tardies you will serve detention to make up missed time during lunch.
10. Computer & eSports is doing an online fundraiser for T-shirts and gear! Use the link<https://www.fundmyteam.com/public/campaign/redwood-high-school-esports-fundraising-campaign/dcfe3f70-3205-4980-842d-d99c0a277beb> to donate and help us raise money for upcoming activities and shirts!
1. JUNIORS AND SENIORS: College Board has launched the College Board Opportunity Scholarship. Please visit https://opportunity.collegeboard.org/ for additional information. Scholarship deadlines vary.
2. Coca-Cola Scholars Foundation Scholarship
Amount: $1,000 to $5,000 per year
Criteria: Applicants must be: *Current high school (or home-schooled) seniors attending school in the U.S. (or select DoD schools) *U.S. Citizens, U.S. Nationals, U.S. Permanent Residents, Refugees, Asylees, Cuban-Haitian Entrants, or Humanitarian Parolees *Anticipating completion of high school diploma at the time of application *Planning to pursue a degree at an accredited U.S. post-secondary institution Application Process: Apply at https://webportalapp.com/sp/login/ccsf
Deadline: October 31
3. Elk's National Foundation Most Valuable Student
Amount: $1,000-$12,500 per year
Criteria: Must be a U.S. citizen and have a financial need; open to high school seniors who exhibit leadership qualities Application Process: Apply at www.elks.org<http://www.elks.org/ENF/scholars/mvs.cfm> Deadline: November 5.
Administrative Assistant Student Services
Redwood High School
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 5189 bytes
More information about the RHS-Bulletin