[LJMS-Bulletin] Bulletin 9.7.17

Sales, Julie jsales at visalia.k12.ca.us
Wed Sep 6 15:46:12 PDT 2017

Thursday, September 7th, 2017
Today is a RTI bell schedule

Good morning Explorers, let's remember to have La Joya PRIDE in everything we do!

STUDENT ANNOUNCEMENTS

* Students - Reminder, when you are calling home from the Main Office phone at the Student Window or another school phone, please leave a detailed message for the person you are calling and explain why you are calling.  This is very important, as the person will call back and we are unable to help them.  Also, always check in at Student Window before entering the office door.  Thank you.
* Attention students - Interested in joining our school LEGO Robotics competition team?  Pick up an interest form in Room 203 or the Main Office.  Then, join us for a meeting with our coaches on Thursday, 9/21, at 6:30 pm in Room 203.  Bring your parents, too!  No previous experience is required, although it helps.

*Deliveries for students
Students - All deliveries for you should occur through our Main Office.  Please ask your parents to drop items off for you there, write your name and grade on them, and a pass will be sent to you.  Items should not be passed through the fence.

*The "I need to see you" forms will be given to each teacher for their classrooms.  These forms are to be completed by students wanting to see Mr. Gridiron, Mrs. Romero, Ms. Trujillo or Mr. Ranieri.  They will be in each classroom accessible for students to fill out and leave in a designated area in the classroom.
*Yearbooks
If you are interested in purchasing a yearbook, the price is $40 until September 8th.  Hurry before the price goes up!

*Attention all students:  We will be having a PBIS fundraiser at Mt. Mike's Monday, September 11th  from 11:00am to 10:00pm. 25% of the proceeds will go back to La Joya to promote Positive Behavior on our campus. Please be sure to present your flyer or mention La Joya to be included in the fundraiser.  Fliers will be going home with students on Friday, September 8th. See you there!

*Please support our fall school-wide fundraiser in selling Gift Check Books.  Sales will run through Wednesday 9-20-17.  The TOP selling 1st period class in both 7th and 8th grade will win a donut party! Top three sellers in both 7th and 8th grade will get to SPIN THE MONEY WHEEL! For a chance to win money!  Fundraiser money supports student activities such as school dances, end of the year celebration, 8th grade Adventure Park, fun end of the year school activities, and much more.   So sell, sell, sell!!!!
* Cafeteria

ALL windows are cash or account money, please have your cash out and ready for purchases.

Breakfast is served for 30 minutes before the start of school at windows 1 and 2.
Breakfast served at break will be at window 1 ONLY.
Snack bar at break windows 2, 4 and 5 will serve snacks and drinks ONLY

ALL snack bar windows at Lunch are now cash or account, please have your cash out and ready for purchases.

*WEB
Attention WEB Leaders!  There will be WEB meeting today, at break to prepare for the next WEB activity in room 405.

Calling all 7th graders!  Find your WEB leader from orientation at break tomorrow, reconnect, and get a PRIDE ticket.  Still need a WEB leader?  Find an 8th grader wearing a WEB t-shirt and say, "What's up" and get a PRIDE ticket!
.
*Early Release Day
Monday, September 11th, is a Minimum Day and students are released at 1:30pm.

SPorTs ANNOUNCEMENTS

*Can you handle the excitement of two Basketball show downs in one day?!?!?!   Be ready to be dazzled and amazed!!   During first lunch on Friday, Mr. Gridiron will be taking on Collin Donley, Freddy Valencia, and Mason Strawn in a half court show down.  There will be another Basketball show down on Friday during second lunch with Mickey Ramirez and Isaac Deleon giving it their best against  Mr. Gridiron.    We don't know who will win, but we do know there will be excitement in the air!!!

There will also be equipment that can be checked out during both lunches.

Thursday 9/7:

Practice

Cross Country will be having their parent meeting today, 4:30 pm in room 601.

JV Football parent meeting @ 5:00 under the solar panels.

*       Have a Great Day, Explorers!
Remember to have LJ PRIDE in who you are, in what you do, and in our school.

Julie Sales
Secretary II
La Joya Middle School
Telephone:  559-730-7302