[LJMS-Bulletin] Friday Bulletin 4.27.18

Sales, Julie jsales at visalia.k12.ca.us
Thu Apr 26 16:26:28 PDT 2018

Friday, April 27th, 2018
Today is a RTI bell schedule

Good morning Explorers, let's remember to have La Joya PRIDE in everything we do!

STUDENT ANNOUNCEMENTS

*Choir is selling pizza today, $2 a slice and $1 for a water.
*2017-2018 ASB Elections
Attention 7th grade students.  Are you interested in running for President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, Athletic Commissioner, or Activities Commissioner for the 2018-2019 school year?  Well get ready, because applications will be available in the Pathfinder Office starting Monday April 30th.  Applications are due Thursday May 10th.  All applicants must have a 3.0 grade point average, good attendance, good citizenship and have no discipline/incidents records, no referrals, and no detentions.

*La Joya Students, the PRIDE STORE will be open today during lunch. We will have pizza today.  There will be 3 more Fridays left for you to redeem your tickets. The last day the store will be open will be May 18. Tickets NOT redeemed  by May 18 will expire, so come check out the PRIDE Store!

*WEB Applications are due to Ms. Rourke in room 405 today. If you have any questions please see Ms. Rourke, before school, at break, or after school. For questions at lunch, see Mr. Taylor in room 408.

*La Joya students riddle me this: what do Romeo and Superman have in common? Come find out when the La Joya Drama Department preforms the plays Romeo To Go & Superheroes: With Great Power Comes Ordinary Responsibility at the El Diamante Theatre tonight at 7pm & tomorrow, Saturday April 28th at 2pm & 7pm. Tickets are $10 for everyone.

*Students:
Our amazing groundskeeper works very hard to make sure that the campus has beautiful flowers, plants and trees.  Please show respect for his efforts by leaving the plants intact, and not pulling off their flowers, buds or branches.

Sports news

*Do you like Basketball?  Are you looking for some summer fun?  There is a Summer Basketball parent meeting on April 30th @ 5:00pm in the cafeteria at El Diamante.

Have a Great Day, Explorers!  Remember to have LJ PRIDE in who you are, in what you do, and in our school.

Julie Sales
Secretary II
La Joya Middle School
Telephone:  559-730-7302