[LJMS-Bulletin] Monday Bulletin 4.30.18

Sales, Julie jsales at visalia.k12.ca.us
Fri Apr 27 16:16:29 PDT 2018

Monday, April 30th, 2018
Today is a late start Monday bell schedule

Good morning Explorers, let's remember to have La Joya PRIDE in everything we do!

STUDENT ANNOUNCEMENTS

*ASB is selling pizza Friday, $2 a slice and $1 for a water.
*2017-2018 ASB Elections
Attention 7th grade students.  Are you interested in running for President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, Athletic Commissioner, or Activities Commissioner for the 2018-2019 school year?  Well get ready, because applications are available in the Pathfinder Office starting today.  Applications are due Thursday May 10th.  All applicants must have a 3.0 grade point average, good attendance, good citizenship and have no discipline/incidents records, no referrals, and no detentions.

*Students:
Our amazing groundskeeper works very hard to make sure that the campus has beautiful flowers, plants and trees.  Please show respect for his efforts by leaving the plants intact, and not pulling off their flowers or buds.

*Character Counts
Congratulations to our Character Counts winners for April and May.  The following students won for Citizenship:  Dever De Moss, Alexa Dominguez-Vela, Cambrya Nordin, Seth Taylor, Margaret Anderson, Jocelyn Calderon, Darrin Fisher, and Jacob Ybarra.  The next group of students won for Creativity:  Quinton Cooper, Eavan Ford, Roxzann Gonzales, Mason Lalanne, Hailee Anderson, Eliza Fernandez, Kevin Lau, and Jameson Ruiz.  Great job!

Sports news

Monday 4/30

Baseball and Softball are at Green Acres, release from class at 2:45, game starts at 4:00pm.

The La Joya  Varsity Softball Team defeated Divisadero, 8 - 3,  on Wednesday. They were led by Pitcher Karlie Bilbrey who pitched a complete game. Collecting hits in the game were - Bilbrey (2 hits - homerun and a single); Jazilyn Vargas (2); Arianna Ruiz, Emilie Lopez and Ryleigh Rush (1). Defensive standouts were Emelie Lopez, Arianna Ruiz, Bilbrey, and Vargas.

7th grade girls JV team defeated Divisadero 17-2.  Home runs by: Janessa Campos, Calissa Butler-Journey, Jamie Ramiscal, Kiersten Shade and  Lexi Rios.

Do you like Basketball?  Are you looking for some summer fun?  There is a Summer Basketball parent meeting tonight @ 5:00pm in the cafeteria at El Diamante.

Have a Great Day, Explorers!  Remember to have LJ PRIDE in who you are, in what you do, and in our school.

Julie Sales
Secretary II
La Joya Middle School
Telephone:  559-730-7302