[LJMS-Bulletin] Tuesday Bulletin 5.1.18

Sales, Julie jsales at visalia.k12.ca.us
Mon Apr 30 16:26:51 PDT 2018

Tuesday, May 1st, 2018
Today is a regular bell schedule

Good morning Explorers, let's remember to have La Joya PRIDE in everything we do!

STUDENT ANNOUNCEMENTS

*2017-2018 ASB Elections
Attention 7th grade students.  Are you interested in running for President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, Athletic Commissioner, or Activities Commissioner for the 2018-2019 school year?  Well get ready, because applications are available in the Pathfinder Office starting today.  Applications are due Thursday May 10th.  All applicants must have a 3.0 grade point average, good attendance, good citizenship and have no discipline/incidents records, no referrals, and no detentions.

*Students:
Our amazing groundskeeper works very hard to make sure that the campus has beautiful flowers, plants and trees.  Please show respect for his efforts by leaving the plants intact, and not pulling off their flowers or buds.

*Talent show announcement!!! Can you entertain a crowd? Do you have a special skill that's made for the stage? We know La Joya's Got Talent and we are looking for performers for this year's talent show.  Singing, dancing, playing an instrument, telling jokes, whatever your talent, come and audition. You may also sign up to audition as an MC for the show! You must sign up with Mr. Harrell in room 607 if you plan on auditioning. Auditions will be held on Wednesday May 16th, after school in the gym. Start planning!

*Congratulations to our Explorer Singers who auditioned and made it into the advanced groups at El Diamante High School.  It is rare that Freshmen make it into these groups!!! The ONLY Freshmen who made it this year were from LA JOYA!!!!

Advanced Women's Choir: Payton Diaz and Madalyn Caine Concert Choir: Elise Newcomb, Juan Andrade, Armando Contreras and Nathaniel Smith.

*La Joya Spirit Shirts
La Joya spirit shirts are now on sale in the main office for $12.  Show your La Joya PRIDE by purchasing one today!

Sports news

Wednesday May 2nd

*Baseball and Softball are at Woodrow Wilson (boys baseball is playing the game at JFK), release time is 1:45, game time is 3:30.

Track Athletes please return your washed uniforms to Mr. Lowry in room 303. We will announce when our awards will be shortly but it will not be until the following week due to a limited number of athletes competing this Saturday in the Valley Meet.

Congratulations to the following athletes who competed in the 2018 Tulare county school qualifier track meet and have moved on to the Valley School Championship meet this Saturday at Buchanan HS.
Damian Santa Cruz took first place in the two mile race with a time of 10:32.6. He also took first place in the 800 m with a time of 4:55.9. Donan Benavente took first place in the 100 m with a time of 12.03 seconds. Makai Puga placed 2nd with a time of 12.6 seconds. Albert Cano took 3rd in the 800m with a time of 2:32.9. Andres Padilla took 3rd in the 400m with a time of 1:00.8. Jazper Malone took 2nd in the 200 m with a time of 25.28 seconds and placed first in high jump with five feet as well as first in Long jump with 19 feet 1 inch. Andres Padilla also took first place in discus throwing 108 feet and 3 inches and Jacob Ybarra took second throwing 96 feet 7 inches. Daniel Lopez received 2nd in the Javelin and Cole Kenison 3rd place. Jada Malone received 1st in High Jump and Kailynn Rios for their age group. Jade also took 3rd in Long Jump. Kailynn Rios took second in discus throwing 49 feet and 5 inches. Isabella Saenz took second in shot throwing 30 feet, 2 inches. We also had two relay teams qualify, our 4 x 100 team of Donan, Zach Alvarez, Makai Puga and Jazper Malone. Our 4 x 400 team was Albert Cano, Cole Kenison, Adrian Reyanga and Andres Padilla.

Have a Great Day, Explorers!  Remember to have LJ PRIDE in who you are, in what you do, and in our school.

Julie Sales
Secretary II
La Joya Middle School
Telephone:  559-730-7302