[LJMS-Bulletin] Thursday Bulletin 3.1.18

Sales, Julie jsales at visalia.k12.ca.us
Wed Feb 28 16:10:11 PST 2018

Thursday, March 1st, 2018
Today is a RTI bell schedule

Good morning Explorers, let's remember to have La Joya PRIDE in everything we do!

STUDENT ANNOUNCEMENTS

*The PBIS team will be having a fundraiser at Mt. Mike's Pizza (Walnut location only) on Monday, March 5th from 10am to 11pm.  Our school will get 25% of the proceeds to promote positive behavior on campus. The money made will be used to supply the PRIDE Store and other activities, so come out and have some delicious pizza and help support La Joya.

*Attention all CJSF members:  We will be taking a group photo for the yearbook Monday, March 5th after school. Report to the stage immediately after school.
* As an end to College Awareness week, tomorrow will be College Day, so dress in anything college.  Dress code still applies.

*Big Brothers/Big Sisters Drive
Attention Explorers!  From March 5th through March 16th, we will be doing a school supplies drive for the Big Brothers/Big Sisters organization.  This is an amazing organization that matches up kids with adults to be their friend, help them with homework, and be an overall positive influence.  The supplies have to be new and unused.   The first period class with the most supplies wins a donut party.   Don't miss out on this great opportunity to help other kids!

*EDHS 8th Grade Preview Day
All 8th grade students should have received a yellow permission slip for the El Diamante 8th grade preview day scheduled on March 9th.  Please have your parent sign and return it to your 1st period teacher by Monday, March 5th.  If you need another slip, please see Mrs. Sales in the Pathfinder office.

*Attention all seventh graders!!! Are you bummed about missing this year's DC trip? Ms. Austerman is starting to plan for DC and New York in 2019! Mark your calendar for March 22nd!  This will be our first parent meeting for the 2019 trip! Start spreading the word!

*Band Pre-Festival Concert
La Joya's band pre-festival concert is tonight at 6:00.   Come and join us for an evening of great music!

Have a Great Day, Explorers!  Remember to have LJ PRIDE in who you are, in what you do, and in our school.

Julie Sales
Secretary II
La Joya Middle School
Telephone:  559-730-7302