[LJMS-Bulletin] Monday Bulletin 3.12.18

Sales, Julie jsales at visalia.k12.ca.us
Fri Mar 9 16:17:31 PST 2018

Monday, March 12th, 2018
Today is a late start Monday bell schedule

Good morning Explorers, let's remember to have La Joya PRIDE in everything we do!

STUDENT ANNOUNCEMENTS

*The El Diamante AVID applications are due to Mr. Cartagena or Ms. Polk by Wednesday, March 21st.

*       Dress Code Reminder
As the weather gets warmer, here is a reminder about the Dress Code.  The Visalia Unified School District Student Conduct Code for grades 7-12 reads as follows:  Clothes shall be worn as intended and be sufficient to conceal undergarments which shall be worn and covered at all times.  See-through or fish-net fabrics, halter tops, tube tops, spaghetti straps, off-the shoulder and low-cut tops are not acceptable.  Other types of dress that expose bare midriffs or cleavage are prohibited.  Basketball jersey style tank tops with scooped front, back and armholes are only allowed if worn with a T-shirt with sleeves.  Shirts with cut-off sleeves are not allowed.

*Future Miner Night
Attention 8th grade students, tonight is Future Miner Night and open house at El Diamante High School from 5:30pm to 8:00pm.   There will be a lot of great information, and an opportunity to tour the campus.

*Recycle your markers that are no longer working in the collection box in the Library. We will send them to Crayola for recycling purposes. Show your La Joya Pride and help save our planet!

*Cheer Packets
Cheer Packets are now available at EDHS student services, La Joya and Ridgeview front offices. Packets are due tomorrow, March 13th at place of pick up.  You must complete a packet in    order to try out for the EDHS 2018-2019 cheer squads.  No late packets will be accepted.

*El Diamante Dance Auditions
El Diamante dance auditions are Thursday, March 15th from 6:00pm to 8:00pm in the EDHS Dance Room.  Pre-audition workshops are Tues. March 13th from 3:45pm to 5:15pm or Wed.   March 14th from 5:00pm to 6:30pm in the EDHS Dance Room.  Students must attend ONE workshop in order to learn material to audition for dance team.  Packets are due the day of audition on March 15th.

*Explorers, don't forget to sign up for Saturday University this weekend. You can enjoy watching movies with Ms. Austerman or get caught up on assignments with Ms. Moore. Invite a friend       and sign up today!

*The Lincoln Memorial, Mount Vernon, Central Park, Broadway and the 9/11 National Memorial. Those are just a few stops in the 2019 DC/NY trip. Mark your calendar for March 22nd!  This  will be our first parent meeting for the 2019 trip! Start spreading the word! Teachers and staff, you can come too! This will be an awesome experience for everyone!

* Winners of the Tulare County Farm Bureau Art Calendar Contest
Congratulations to Branson Campbell and Mylee Primm!  Their art work will be included a calendar distributed to all the schools in Tulare County.  Great job!!!  Thanks to Miss Stringham for her support.

Sports news

Monday 3/12

Baseball and Softball are at Dinuba.  Release time is 2:00, game time is 3:45.

Tuesday 3/13

Track is at the Dinuba Invitational, release from class at 2:00, meet starts at 3:30.

Have a Great Day, Explorers!  Remember to have LJ PRIDE in who you are, in what you do, and in our school.

Julie Sales
Secretary II
La Joya Middle School
Telephone:  559-730-7302