[LJMS-Bulletin] Friday Bulletin 3.9.18

Sales, Julie jsales at visalia.k12.ca.us
Thu Mar 8 16:20:01 PST 2018

Friday, March 9th, 2018
Today is a regular bell schedule

Good morning Explorers, let's remember to have La Joya PRIDE in everything we do!

STUDENT ANNOUNCEMENTS

*Attention all 7th grade students.  All registration documents for next year for the 2018-2019 8th grade school year are due on Friday March 16th.  Please stop by the main office if you are in need of a registration form or any applications for electives.  Please see Mr. Waters if you have any questions.  Thank you.

*Future Miner Night
Attention 8th grade students, Monday March 12th is Future Miner Night and open house at El Diamante High School from 5:30pm to 8:00pm.   There will be a lot of great information, and an opportunity to tour the campus.

*Band is selling pizza today, $2 a slice and $1 for a water.

*Recycle your markers that are no longer working in the collection box in the Library. We will send them to Crayola for recycling purposes. Show your La Joya Pride and help save our planet!

*Daylight Saving Time
   Daylight Saving Time begins this weekend, and it's time to spring forward!  Before you go to bed Saturday night, set your clocks ahead one hour.

*The next Saturday University will be March 17th. The classes will be History in the Movies and Intervention. Go to the La Joya website to register today.

* ELA 7 would like to recognize the following students:

    Ms. Moore:
    Most Improved: Mario Balderrama
    Student of the Month: Jenna Mitchell

   Ms. Denton:
   Most Improved: Nehemias Moore
   Student of the Month: Matthew Bettencourt

   Mrs. McClelland
   Most Improved: Juletzy Flores
   Student of the Month: Sean Yang

   Mrs. Pena
   Most Improved: John Garcia
   Student of the Month: Cesar Flores

   Mrs. Gibson
   Most Improved- Kiera Zachary
   Student of the Month - Sawera Rashid

   Congratulations to these students for showing great determination in the area of English Language Arts.

* Winners of the Tulare County Farm Bureau Art Calendar Contest
Congratulations to Branson Campbell and Mylee Primm!  Their art work will be included a calendar distributed to all the schools in Tulare County.  Great job!!!  Thanks to Miss Stringham for her support.

Sports news

The LaJoya Varsity Softball Team defeated Sanger, 5-2, on Wednesday. They were led by Pitcher Karlie Bilbrey who pitched a complete game. Collecting hits in the game were - Jazilyn Vargas(3 hits-homerun, triple, and single); Ryleigh Rush (3); Bilbrey, Maddy Caine, Samira Gutierrez, Arianna Ruiz, and Alyssa Lackey (1).

Monday 3/12

Baseball and Softball are at Dinuba.  Release time is 2:00, game time is 3:45.

Have a Great Day, Explorers!  Remember to have LJ PRIDE in who you are, in what you do, and in our school.

Julie Sales
Secretary II
La Joya Middle School
Telephone:  559-730-7302