[LJMS-Bulletin] Friday Bulletin REVISED

Sales, Julie jsales at vusd.org
Fri May 4 07:56:32 PDT 2018

Friday, May 4th, 2018
Today is a RTI bell schedule

Good morning Explorers, let's remember to have La Joya PRIDE in everything we do!

STUDENT ANNOUNCEMENTS

*ASB is selling pizza today, $2 a slice and $1 for a water.
*The La Joya AVID program will be having a fundraiser  at Rubio's located on Mooney Blvd in the Packwood shopping center on Wednesday, May 9th from 2pm to 9pm.  Our school will get 20% of the proceeds to support our AVID students and our AVID program, so come out and have some delicious food and help support La Joya AVID. All students will receive a flyer in their 7th period class on May 8th.
*2017-2018 ASB Elections
Attention 7th grade students.  Are you interested in running for President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, Athletic Commissioner, or Activities Commissioner for the 2018-2019 school year?  Well get ready, because applications are available in the Pathfinder Office starting today.  Applications are due Thursday May 10th.  All applicants must have a 3.0 grade point average, good attendance, and have satisfactory citizenship.

*Talent show announcement!!! Can you entertain a crowd? Do you have a special skill that's made for the stage? We know La Joya's Got Talent and we are looking for performers for this year's talent show.  Singing, dancing, playing an instrument, telling jokes, whatever your talent, come and audition. You may also sign up to audition as an MC for the show! You must sign up with Mr. Harrell in room 607 if you plan on auditioning. Auditions will be held on Wednesday May 16th, after school in the gym. Start planning!

*Next Week is PRIDE week!! Monday dress as anything that begins with "P" for example Purple, Pirates, or Penguins. Tuesday dress in anything "R" - Red, Raiders, etc.. Wednesday dress as anything that begins with "I", Indians, Incredibles, or Indigo, Thursday is "D" day, so dress like a dog, or a duck or anything that starts with "D".  Friday is "E" day so dress like an Explorer, or Emerald Green, even a Meme; THAT'S RIGHT!! I said meme. I'm hoping to see some Walmart Yodelers on Friday.  So Remember PRIDE WEEK next week. Each day will honor a letter from PRIDE.  Dress code still applies.

*La Joya Students, the PRIDE STORE will be open today during lunch.  There will be 2 more Fridays left for you to redeem your tickets. The last day the store will be open will be May 18th. Tickets NOT redeemed by May 18th will expire, so come check out the PRIDE Store!

*Monday, May 7th is a Minimum Day.  Students are released at 1:30pm.

Sports news

The JV Girls softball team beat previously undefeated Woodrow Wilson 8-5.  Calissa Butler-Journey got the win on the mound while the team was lead defensively by Larissa Cavasos, Natalie Moreno, Lexi Rios, Janessa Campos and  Taylor Shaw.

The LaJoya  Varsity Softball Team defeated Woodrow Wilson, 7 - 5,  on Wednesday. They were led by Pitcher Karlie Bilbrey who pitched a complete game. Collecting hits in the game were - Ariana Ruiz (4 hits - 2 homeruns and 2 single); Jazilyn Vargas, Ryleigh Rush, and Bilbrey (1). Defensive standouts were Emelie Lopez, Lisamarie Rendon, Ruiz, Bilbrey, and Vargas.

Track Athletes please return your washed uniforms to Mr. Lowry in room 303. We will announce when our awards will be shortly but it will not be until the following week due to a limited number of athletes competing in tomorrow's Valley Meet.

Good luck to our Track Valley Championship Qualifiers who are competing this weekend at Buchanan High School.

Have a Great Day, Explorers!  Remember to have LJ PRIDE in who you are, in what you do, and in our school. May the 4th be with you!

Julie Sales
Secretary II
La Joya Middle School
Telephone:  559-730-7302