[LJMS-Bulletin] Monday Bulletin 5.7.18

Sales, Julie jsales at vusd.org
Fri May 4 16:22:06 PDT 2018

Monday, May 7th, 2018
Today is a Minimum Day bell schedule

Good morning Explorers, let's remember to have La Joya PRIDE in everything we do!

STUDENT ANNOUNCEMENTS

*Athletics is selling pizza Friday, $2 a slice and $1 for a water.
*The La Joya AVID program will be having a fundraiser at Rubio's located on Mooney Blvd in the Packwood shopping center on Wednesday, May 9th from 2pm to 9pm.  Our school will get 20% of the proceeds to support our AVID students and our AVID program, so come out and have some delicious food and help support La Joya AVID. All students will receive a flyer in their 7th period class on May 8th.
*2017-2018 ASB Elections
Attention 7th grade students.  Are you interested in running for President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, Athletic Commissioner, or Activities Commissioner for the 2018-2019 school year?  Well get ready, because applications are available in the Pathfinder Office starting today.  Applications are due Thursday May 10th.  All applicants must have a 3.0 grade point average, good attendance, and have satisfactory citizenship.
*       Perfect Attendance
Do you have perfect attendance for this year?  Are you an 8th grader who believes they have perfect attendance for both 7th and 8th grade?  There is a yellow 8th grade perfect attendance list and a blue 7th grade perfect attendance list posted in all classrooms.  If you believe your name should be on either list and is not, it is very important to see Mrs. Sales in the Pathfinder Office by Tuesday, May 8th 3:30 p.m. We do not want to miss anyone.

*Talent show announcement!!! Can you entertain a crowd? Do you have a special skill that's made for the stage? We know La Joya's Got Talent and we are looking for performers for this year's talent show.  Singing, dancing, playing an instrument, telling jokes, whatever your talent, come and audition. You may also sign up to audition as an MC for the show! You must sign up with Mr. Harrell in room 607 if you plan on auditioning. Auditions will be held on Wednesday May 16th, after school in the gym. Start planning!

*This week is PRIDE week - Don't forget tomorrow is "R" day Dress in ANYTHING that begins with "R" for example - Raiders, Red, or Reggae,
This month we are celebrating Creativity, so be creative in what you wear for PRIDE week.  Dress code still applies.

Sports news

Tuesday 5/8

Baseball and Softball are home for Varsity Day vs. Valley Oak, release from class at 2:45pm, games start at 4:00pm.

Have a Great Day, Explorers!  Remember to have LJ PRIDE in who you are, in what you do, and in our school.

Julie Sales
Secretary II
La Joya Middle School
Telephone:  559-730-7302