[LJMS-Bulletin] Wednesday Bulletin 5.16.18

Sales, Julie jsales at vusd.org
Tue May 15 15:21:46 PDT 2018

Wednesday, May 16th, 2018
Today is a regular bell schedule

Good morning Explorers, let's remember to have La Joya PRIDE in everything we do!

STUDENT ANNOUNCEMENTS

*Attention students
We will be having daily Tardy Sweeps.  Tardy sweeps will occur first thing in the morning and between every passing.  Any student that reports late to class will be assigned lunch detention. Excessive tardies may exclude you from participating in our end of the year activities. So show determination and get to class on time.

*Talent Show peeps! Auditions have been officially moved to Wednesday May 23rd, still after school in the gym. This gives you all an extra week to prepare. You should come to tryouts with your audition memorized well, and music ready if needed. Use your time wisely and come out ready to impress.

*Odyssey of the Mind Fundraiser
There will be one last fundraiser for the Odyssey of the Mind team tonight, Wednesday, May 16, at Chipotle.  The hours are from 4:00pm - 8:00pm and the Odyssey of the Mind team will receive 50% of the proceeds.

*Garden Club meets today after school.

*Attention students - As you are walking to and from school, your safety and the safety of those driving cars is important to us.  Please do not get in the way of or hit a bus as it is travelling to and from school.  This endangers you, the students on the bus, the driver, and potentially other drivers as well.  Thank you for showing PRIDE and representing La Joya well.

*Staff vs Students softball game is today! Come out to cheer on the varsity teams and favorite staff members. The slugfest will start right after school on the softball field, concessions will be available.

*ELA 7 would like to recognize the following students:

Ms. Moore:
Most Improved: Ariel Mejia
Student of the Month: Alyssa Hidalgo

Ms. Denton:
Most Improved: Mason Strawn
Student of the Month: Jennifer Densmore

Mrs. McClelland
Most Improved: Juan Romo-Soto
Student of the Month: Paige Knudsen

Mrs. Pena
Most Improved: Damian Jiminez
Student of the Month: Kelise Curtis

Mrs. Gibson
Most Improved- Alex Hernandez
Student of the Month - Mackenzie Hardy

Have a Great Day, Explorers!  Remember to have LJ PRIDE in who you are, in what you do, and in our school.

Julie Sales
Secretary II
La Joya Middle School
Telephone:  559-730-7302