[LJMS-Bulletin] Wednesday Bulletin 10.24.18

Sales, Julie jsales at vusd.org
Tue Oct 23 16:26:46 PDT 2018

Wednesday, October 24th, 2018
Today is a regular bell schedule

Good morning Explorers, let's remember to have La Joya PRIDE in everything we do!

STUDENT ANNOUNCEMENTS

*Looking for something to do this Saturday? Come to WIN Academy. You can play board and computer games with Mr. Hefner, do hands-on activities with Ms. Fierros, solve puzzles to complete an escape room and improve your creative writing with Mrs. Allen, learn how to analyze movies with Ms. Austerman, or get caught up in ELA with Ms. Moore. On top of that, attending helps you makeup an unexcused absence. If you sign up by Tuesday you can have a lunch ordered for you. Sign up through the La Joya website, and encourage a friend to sign up too.

*Red Ribbon Week is this week- October 22nd through the 26th.We will be doing dress up days and lunchtime activities to show that you can have fun without drugs.  Today is Tie Dye Day- "you can stay cool and colorful by being drug free."  Tomorrow will be Book Character Day- Dress as your favorite character from a book to show that you are addicted to books and not drugs. And Friday will be a Red day- "wear red to pledge not to do drugs."  Dress code still applies.

*Garden Club
Garden Club meets today after school.

Sports ANNOUNCEMENTS

Wednesday 10/24

Football @ Valley Oak 4:00pm (release time 2:45)
Volleyball Home vs. Woodrow Wilson- 8th Grade Night!

Thursday 10/25

Cross Country Championship Meet @ Mooney's Grove 3:45pm (release time 2:15)
Football practice @ 3:30pm

Volleyball/Football Practice after school

Have a Great Day, Explorers!  Remember to have LJ PRIDE in who you are, in what you do, and in our school.

Julie Sales
Secretary II
La Joya Middle School
Telephone:  559-730-7302