[LJMS-Bulletin] Friday Bulletin 9.14.18

Sales, Julie jsales at vusd.org
Fri Sep 14 07:30:46 PDT 2018

Friday, Sept. 14th, 2018
Today is a Fun Friday one lunch bell schedule

Good morning Explorers, let's remember to have La Joya PRIDE in everything we do!

STUDENT ANNOUNCEMENTS

*Hello Explorers!
Character Counts week is this week, Monday, September 10th through Friday, September 14th!
Today is: RESPONSIBILITY RESPECT Retro Day!!!!! Respect the fashions of past generations by dressing up for retro day! Get down on it with respect and responsibility, Dress up retro!
Attention! All costumes Must Meet All Dress Code Requirements!!!!!!!
We will also play music at lunch and have special activities that relate to the Character Counts pillars!
Have a nice day!! Don't forget to show Pride in who you are, what you do, and in our school.  PRIDE OUTTTT!!

*Washington D.C. and NYC Trip
Students, are you interested in traveling across the country next summer?  The D.C./NYC meeting is this Monday, Sept. 17th at 5:00pm and again at 5:45pm in Room 407, you can choose which meeting to attend.  Come and check out one of the meetings, the trip will be great fun!

*Monday, Sept. 17th is a minimum day, students are released at 1:30pm.

*Choir is selling pizza today, $2 a slice and $1 for a water.

* Fun Friday
Today is our "Fun Friday" One-Lunch Bell Schedule.  Lunch will be from 11:46am - 12:46pm.   There will be plenty of great food for sale!   Come on out and enjoy!  This is for all students who have less than 3 minor incidents and no major incidents.

*       Gift Check Book Fundraiser
Students, remember to support our school-wide fundraiser by selling Gift Check Books. For more books, please see the representatives before school at the table set up by the front gate.  Money and books can be returned to your 1st period teacher or with the representatives. Sale ends Wednesday 9-19-18. So sell, sell, sell!!!!

Sports ANNOUNCEMENTS

*Cross Country will have practice Monday after school until 3 pm.

*The LaJoya Varsity football team lost to Dinuba, 6 - 24, on Wednesday. Offensive standouts were Noah Garcia (1 touchdown), Elijah Martinez, Freddie Valencia, and Johnny Chavez, Aiden Nuckels, and Cooper Schimpf. Defensive standouts were Chavez, Garcia, and Martinez.                                     Coaches Wiley and Malone

parent ANNOUNCEMENTS

*PTSA Meeting
   Parents, there will be a PTSA meeting on Monday, Sept. 17th in the Library from 5:30pm to 6:30pm.

Have a Great Day, Explorers!  Remember to have LJ PRIDE in who you are, in what you do, and in our school.

Julie Sales
Secretary II
La Joya Middle School
Telephone:  559-730-7302