[LJMS-Bulletin] Monday Bulletin 9.17.18

Sales, Julie jsales at vusd.org
Fri Sep 14 16:00:47 PDT 2018

Monday, Sept. 17th, 2018
Today is a late start Monday/Minimum Day bell schedule

Good morning Explorers, let's remember to have La Joya PRIDE in everything we do!

STUDENT ANNOUNCEMENTS

*Pizza Sales
ASB is selling pizza tomorrow, $2 a slice and $1 for a water.

*Washington D.C. and NYC Trip
Students, are you interested in traveling across the country next summer?  The D.C./NYC meeting is tonight, Sept. 17th at 5:00pm and again at 5:45pm in Room 407, you can choose which meeting to attend.  Come and check out one of the meetings, the trip will be great fun!

*Attention students!  It is not too late to join our amazing Odyssey of the Mind competition team!  Practices are 2-3 days each week after school, from 4:30 - 6:30 pm in our library.  If you are interested in creativity, teamwork, and problem-solving, please contact Coach Berta Johnson at bjohnson02 at vusd.org<mailto:bjohnson02 at vusd.org>, or talk with Mr. Waters or Mr. Hambleton.

*Today is a minimum day, students are released at 1:30pm.

*       Gift Check Book Fundraiser
Students, remember to support our school-wide fundraiser by selling Gift Check Books. For more books, please see the representatives before school at the table set up by the front gate.  Money and books can be returned to your 1st period teacher or with the representatives. Sale ends Wednesday 9-19-18. So sell, sell, sell!!!!

Sports ANNOUNCEMENTS

*Cross Country will have practice today after school until 3 pm.

Monday 9/17
Minimum Day: XX/Football practice after school

Home Volleyball Game vs. Ridgeview @ 4:00pm

Tuesday 9/18:
ALL Fall Sports practice @ 3:30pm

parent ANNOUNCEMENTS

*PTSA Meeting
   Parents, there will be a PTSA meeting tonight, Sept. 17th in the Library from 5:30pm to 6:30pm.

Have a Great Day, Explorers!  Remember to have LJ PRIDE in who you are, in what you do, and in our school.

Julie Sales
Secretary II
La Joya Middle School
Telephone:  559-730-7302