[LJMS-Bulletin] Tuesday Bulletin 9.18.18

Sales, Julie jsales at vusd.org
Mon Sep 17 14:27:19 PDT 2018

Tuesday, Sept. 18th, 2018
Today is a regular bell schedule

Good morning Explorers, let's remember to have La Joya PRIDE in everything we do!

STUDENT ANNOUNCEMENTS

*Pizza Sales
   ASB is selling pizza today, $2 a slice and $1 for a water.

*Attention students!  It is not too late to join our amazing Odyssey of the Mind competition team!  Practices are 2-3 days each week after school, from 4:30 - 6:30 pm in our library.  If you are interested in creativity, teamwork, and problem-solving, please contact Coach Berta Johnson at bjohnson02 at vusd.org<mailto:bjohnson02 at vusd.org>, or talk with Mr. Waters or Mr. Hambleton.

*D.C./N.Y. Trip
Students, did you miss the D.C./N.Y. parent meeting?  Do you still want to learn how you could travel to D.C./N.Y. next summer?  Come by Room 407 after school tomorrow, Sept. 19th to get more details about the trip.

*Garden Club
   Garden Club meets tomorrow after school.

*       Gift Check Book Fundraiser
Students, remember to support our school-wide fundraiser by selling Gift Check Books. For more books, please see the representatives before school at the table set up by the front gate.  Money and books can be returned to your 1st period teacher or with the representatives. Sale ends tomorrow, so please make sure all monies/unsold books are turned in, either to the representative or the Pathfinder office.

*Welcome Back Dance
This Friday, Sept. 21st is our Welcome Back Dance.  The dance will be from 3:30pm - 5:00pm in the gym.  Come on out and have a great time!

Sports ANNOUNCEMENTS

Tuesday 9/18
ALL Fall Sports practice @ 3:30pm

Wednesday 9/19
Football away @ Ridgeview 4:00pm (release time 2:45)
Volleyball away @ JFK 3:30pm (release time 2:15)

Cross Country practice after school @3:30pm

Have a Great Day, Explorers!  Remember to have LJ PRIDE in who you are, in what you do, and in our school.

Julie Sales
Secretary II
La Joya Middle School
Telephone:  559-730-7302