[LJMS-Bulletin] Wednesday Bulletin 4.10.19

Sales, Julie jsales at vusd.org
Tue Apr 9 16:13:02 PDT 2019

Wednesday, April 10th, 2019
Today is a regular bell schedule

Good morning Explorers, let's remember to have La Joya PRIDE in everything we do!

STUDENT ANNOUNCEMENTS

* Tug of War?
Students, do you have some muscle power?  Do you have enough muscle power to beat an opposing team in a round of Tug of War? There will be a Tug of War activity this Friday, April 12, during Fun Friday to see who has the most muscle power. We will be holding a free raffle for a chance to participate in Tug of War. All members of the winning team will receive a gift card. Raffle tickets will be available for students during both lunches. Be sure to put your name in the raffle, to make sure you are chosen for Tug of War. Good luck!

*Garden Club meets today after school.
*Fun Friday
This Friday is our last Fun Friday of the year!   There will be Jamba Juice, Kona Ice, and ice cream from Cool Cow Scoops for sale!   Come on out and enjoy! Fun Friday be from
2:38pm - 3:13pm.

* KINDNESS HANDOUT INSTRUCTIONS
Today is Kindness shines day.  Outshine hate and negativity! Wear bright colors, glitter, or neon and radiate positivity.  Dress code still applies.

Tomorrow is Pajama Day. Dream of kindness. Show up to school in your favorite pj's.  Dress code still applies.

And finally, Friday April 12th is Tourist day. Find kindness within yourself and others. Dress up as a tourist and explore kindness within yourself by wearing hawaiian shirts, fanny packs, socks with sandals, and other tourist attire.  Clothing must adhere to the dress code.

*PRIDE Store
The PRIDE store will be open this Friday morning from 7:45am to 8:05am.
*Spring Break
Spring break will be from April 15th through April 22nd.  School resumes on Tuesday, April 23rd.

Sports ANNOUNCEMENTS

Wednesday 4/10

Baseball/Softball Game @ JFK - Release time @ 2:00pm
Track-practice at 3:30

Thursday 4/11

All sports practice after school

Parent ANNOUNCEMENTS

The next PTSA meeting will be Wednesday, April 24th from 5:30pm to 6:30pm in the Library.

Have a Great Day, Explorers!  Remember to have LJ PRIDE in who you are, in what you do, and in our school!

Julie Sales
Secretary II
La Joya Middle School
Telephone:  559-730-7302