[LJMS-Bulletin] Thursday Bulletin 4.11.19

Sales, Julie jsales at vusd.org
Wed Apr 10 16:00:00 PDT 2019

Thursday, April 11th, 2019
Today is a RTI bell schedule

Good morning Explorers, let's remember to have La Joya PRIDE in everything we do!

STUDENT ANNOUNCEMENTS

*Builders Club meets today after school.

*Fun Friday
Tomorrow is our last Fun Friday of the year!   There will be Jamba Juice, Kona Ice, and ice cream from Cool Cow Scoops for sale!   Come on out and enjoy! Fun Friday be from
2:38pm - 3:13pm.

* KINDNESS HANDOUT INSTRUCTIONS
Today is Pajama day. Dream of kindness. Show up to school in your favorite pj's. Clothing must adhere to the dress code.

And finally, tomorrow is Tourist day. Find kindness within yourself and others. Dress up as a tourist and explore kindness within yourself by wearing Hawaiian shirts, fanny packs, socks with sandals, and other tourist attire.  Dress code still applies

*Spring Break
Spring break will be from April 15th through April 22nd.  School resumes on Tuesday, April 23rd.

Sports ANNOUNCEMENTS

On Tuesday, La Joya competed in the Tulare County Math Super Bowl. Our 20 students did a great job representing the school. Special shout out to those with the top score in their respective Power Bowl teams: Gunnar Roth, Grace Cui, Quinton Cooper, Saleen Mariscal, and Hannah Blackmon. La Joya also took home 11 Excellent awards, and 5 Superior awards. Finally, among hundreds of students, Hannah Blackmon took home the 3rd place trophy in the 8th grade Power Bowl.  Great job team!

Thursday 4/11

All sports practice after school

Friday 4/12

No Athletics

Parent ANNOUNCEMENTS

The next PTSA meeting will be Wednesday, April 24th from 5:30pm to 6:30pm in the Library.

Have a Great Day, Explorers!  Remember to have LJ PRIDE in who you are, in what you do, and in our school!

Julie Sales
Secretary II
La Joya Middle School
Telephone:  559-730-7302