[LJMS-Bulletin] Monday Bulletin 8.19.19 REVISED

Sales, Julie jsales at vusd.org
Fri Aug 16 16:07:41 PDT 2019

Monday, Aug. 19th, 2019
Today is a late start Monday Bell Schedule

Good morning Explorers, let's remember to have La Joya PRIDE in everything we do!

STUDENT ANNOUNCEMENTS

*Beginning Thursday, August, 22nd, P. E. clothes can be purchased from your P.E. teacher.  Prices are $15 for a shirt, $15 for a pair of shorts or $25 for a set.  Sweatshirts and sweatpants are available for $25 each.  Supplies are limited.

*Attention Students
Please do not have items handed to you through our fences, including lunches.  All deliveries for students must be made through the front office.  Thank you for your cooperation and
helping us to ensure a safe campus.

*School Pictures are this Friday, August 23rd, remember to say, "cheese".
* Leadership is selling pizza today.  $2 a slice and $1 for a water.
* Athletics is selling tomorrow.  $2 a slice and $1 for a water.

* Dress Code Reminder
As the weather continues to be warm, here is a reminder about the Dress Code.  The Visalia Unified School District Student Conduct Code for grades 7-12 reads as follows:  Clothes shall be worn as intended and be sufficient to conceal undergarments which shall be worn and covered at all times.  See-through or fish-net fabrics, halter tops, tube tops, spaghetti straps, off-the shoulder and low-cut tops are not acceptable.  Other types of dress that expose bare midriffs or cleavage are prohibited.  Basketball jersey style tank tops with scooped front, back and armholes are only allowed if worn with a T-shirt with sleeves.  Shirts with cut-off sleeves are not allowed. Hoodies, beanies, or any head gear may not be worn within the classroom.  Cell phones must be turned off and out of sight.
*Students
Our amazing groundskeeper works very hard to make sure that the campus has beautiful flowers, plants, trees .  Please show respect for his efforts by leaving the plants intact, not pulling off their flowers or buds, and staying off the grass.

*Back to School Night
Tuesday, Sept. 3rd is Back to School Night from 6:00pm to 8:00pm

*Attention students.  Today and tomorrow, we will be checking out history books, Integrated Math, and Spanish textbooks to students that have those classes.  It is important that you keep track of the textbook you leave the library with as that is the book you must bring back at the end of the school year.  Make sure you put the book in your backpack and do not mix it up with another student.  Also when you get home make sure that you put the book where you can find it and that your parents know that this is your school textbook.    If you have any questions please see Miss Dill in the library.

sports ANNOUNCEMENTS

Color guard tryouts are Tuesday, August 20th after school.

Fall sports tryouts for cross country, football, and volleyball, will be held on Monday, August 26th after school.

Parent ANNOUNCEMENTS

The next PTSA meeting will be tonight, Aug. 19th at 5:30pm in the Library.

Have a Great Day, Explorers!  Remember to have LJ PRIDE in who you are, in what you do, and in our school!

Julie Sales
Administrative Assistant
La Joya Middle School
Telephone:  559-730-7302
Fax No. 559-730-7505

[cid:image002.png at 01D4BC95.61D7F940]

[Image result for thomas kinkade summer pictures]