[LJMS-Bulletin] Thursday Bulletin 2.21.19

Sales, Julie jsales at vusd.org
Wed Feb 20 15:44:10 PST 2019

Thursday, Feb. 21st, 2019
Today is a RTI bell schedule

Good morning Explorers, let's remember to have La Joya PRIDE in everything we do!

STUDENT ANNOUNCEMENTS

* College Awareness Week!
It's not too early to start thinking about college. Next week is College Awareness Week!! We will have dress up days, and lunch time activities starting Monday. Earn points for your district!! More information to follow....

Dress up Days and Lunchtime Activities:
Monday: Career Day It's not too early to think about a career. Dress like a career   Lunchtime activity is Career Charades so start working on those acting skills
Tuesday: Twin Day - Meet your bestie in college. Dress like a twin   Lunchtime activity is shoot for college; basketball shoot off
Wednesday College Gear:- rep your favorite college - dress in college gear   lunchtime activity is College Pictionary
Thursday: Nerd day - be the next Billionaire - dress like a nerd    lunchtime activity is College and La Joya staff trivia. How well have you been paying attention to our teachers in the "Getting to know you" series?
Friday: Crazy Day- Don't be crazy and miss out on college - dress in crazy hair, crazy socks and crazy clothes
Dress Code still applies.

Don't forget, you can earn points for your District while celebrating College Awareness!!!

* Band is selling pizza tomorrow, $2 a slice and $1 for a water.
*Looking for something to do this Saturday. Come to WIN Academy. You can play board and computer games with Mr. Hefner, play sports with Mr. Hunt, or get caught up in ELA with Ms. Moore. On top of that, attending helps you makeup an unexcused absence. If you sign up by today you can have a lunch ordered for you. Sign up through the La Joya website, and encourage a friend to sign up too.

*Attention all CJSF members we will be taking our CJSF group photos today.  All CJSF members need to meet at the stage today afterschool.

*The La Joya "Odyssey of the Mind" Team is competing this Saturday at Ridgeview Middle School, from 8 am - 5 pm.  They are hoping to continue their amazing performances from last year, when they made it all the way to the national finals in Iowa!  Good luck, OMers!

*Congratulations to 8th Grader Joseph Schuster - he has been recognized by the local Visalia Sequoia Kiwanis Club as the spring "Student of the Season" - a student with great academics, great character, and great involvement at school.  Great job, Joseph!

*Attention 8th grade students!  This Friday is the deadline to apply for the Visalia Unified Linked Learning Academy high school programs.  Be sure to submit applications by 5:00pm!  Visit www.vusd.org/llapp<http://www.vusd.org/llapp> for more details.

*Congratulations to Samuel Garland and Pedro Campos-Reyes for representing LaJoya at the Tulare County Spelling Bee. Great job Boys!

SPORTS ANNOUNCEMENTS

The La Joya Varsity Basketball Team won two games to win the Visalia 8th Grade Championship Tournament held on Friday at Ridgeview. The Explorers defeated Woodrow Wilson (52-33) and Ridgeview (63-46). Offensive standouts in two games were; Cooper Schimpf (50 points); Noah Garcia (28); Elijah Martinez (12); Johnny Chavez (8); Freddie Valencia (6); Joseph Diaz (5); Max Martin (4); Avery Conway and Jared McDaniels (1).

Wrestling will be having their awards banquet today after school inside the gym. Please bring team singlets to turn in to coach.

Basketball will be having their awards banquet today after school inside the gym. Please bring uniforms to turn in to coach.

Have a Great Day, Explorers!  Remember to have LJ PRIDE in who you are, in what you do, and in our school!

Julie Sales
Secretary II
La Joya Middle School
Telephone:  559-730-7302