[LJMS-Bulletin] Wednesday Bulletin 2.27.19

Sales, Julie jsales at vusd.org
Tue Feb 26 16:26:56 PST 2019

Wednesday, Feb. 27th, 2019
Today is a regular bell schedule

Good morning Explorers, let's remember to have La Joya PRIDE in everything we do!

STUDENT ANNOUNCEMENTS

* College Awareness Week
Did you know with a college degree you could expect to make 2.1 million dollars over a lifetime compared to only 1 million with a High School Diploma? Some college degrees such as engineering, being a doctor, or technology can earn you even more. We are talking about Billions over a lifetime!!!
Tomorrow is Nerd Day: Be the next billionaire and dress like a nerd.  Dress code still applies
Lunchtime activity will be College and La Joy Staff trivia in the gym. How well do you remember what your staff members have shared in their "Getting to Know you" videos?
Teachers, please remember to decorate your doors for college awareness. There will be district points and the top class wins a donut party!

Congratulations to District 1 who won 1st lunch, and district 4 that won 2nd lunch in yesterday's College Awareness Shoot out! Today will be College Pictionary. Let's get our best artists..or at least those that are good at Pictionary out there.

* Garden Club meets today after school.
*EDHS 8th Grade Preview Day
All 8th grade students should have received a yellow permission slip for the El Diamante 8th grade preview day scheduled on March 1st.  Students will be at El Diamante from 8:30am until 12:00pm.  If you need another slip, please see Mrs. Myers in the Magellan office.

*The next school dance will be called "The Beach Ball" and it will be held this Friday after school from 3:30-5pm. You can buy your tickets before school, at break, and after school in room LM3 and they will also be sold during first and second lunch in the cafeteria. Tickets will regularly be $5 but you can get your ticket for $3 if you show your District wrist-band, which you should have received in your first period on Monday. At the dance we will have vendors, an area to hang out, and even hunger games activities to earn points for your district. We hope to see you at The Beach Ball this Friday after school!

*Please support our spring school-wide fundraiser in selling Cookie-Dough.  Sale start today, February 27th and end Wednesday March 13th.  Top three sellers in both 7th and 8th grade will get to SPIN THE MONEY WHEEL! For a chance to win $100!

*Builders Club will meet after school on Thursdays from 3:20 to 4:00 pm in room 403.

* Looking for something to do this Saturday. Come to WIN Academy. You can play board and computer games with Mr. Hefner, play Sports with Mr. Hunt, work on your Anthology Project with Ms. Austerman, or get caught up in ELA with Mrs. Allen. On top of that, attending helps you makeup an unexcused absence. Sign up through the La Joya website, and encourage a friend to sign up too. Sign up online before the end of school today if you want to order a lunch.

Sports ANNOUNCEMENTS

Baseball and Softball bags can be placed inside the breeze way next to the girls locker room before school.  Please do not place bags inside the locker rooms, or have them dropped off to the front office.  Bags will be locked away during the day and will be available after school. If you have any questions, please contact Mr. Souza.

Monday March 4th will be the last day to join track. Tuesday March 5th, rosters will close. Any student interested in track needs to come out Monday- Thursday 3:30-5 at the track. Any questions please see Ms. Beggs.

Wednesday 2/27

Spring Try-outs after school @ 3:30pm-5:15pm

Thursday 2/28

Spring Try-outs after school @ 3:30pm-5:15pm

Have a Great Day, Explorers!  Remember to have LJ PRIDE in who you are, in what you do, and in our school!

Julie Sales
Secretary II
La Joya Middle School
Telephone:  559-730-7302