[LJMS-Bulletin] Wednesday Bulletin 10.16.19

Sales, Julie jsales at vusd.org
Tue Oct 15 15:47:59 PDT 2019

Wednesday, Oct. 16th, 2019
Today is a regular bell schedule

Good morning Explorers, let's remember to have La Joya PRIDE in everything we do!

STUDENT ANNOUNCEMENTS
.
*Garden Club meets today after school.

*Attention students!   The deadline to sign up for the 2020 D.C./Virginia trip is Oct. 31st!   For exciting information, find Ms. Austerman in Room 407!  This will be an awesome trip!

*There will be an Orchestra concert tomorrow night at 7:00pm in the JLC.   Come and spend the evening listening to some great music!

* Hey explorers, as some of you may know, next week Oct. 21st through Oct. 25th is Red Ribbon Week. We've come up with some exciting days that you can use to say sayonara to drugs. Monday is Team Day, team up against drugs and wear your favorite jerseys and sports attire. Tuesday is PJ day, put drugs to sleep. Come to school in your comfiest pajama or sleep wear. Wednesday is pink day. This ones pretty self-explanatory, tell drugs that they stink by wearing pink. Thursday is Hawaiian day, Lei off drugs. Finally Friday is Hallow- I mean our totally generic non-specific October dress up day. Dress up in your favorite non-specific October dress up day. Dress code still applies.

*Monday, Oct. 21st is a Minimum Day.  Students are released at 1:30pm.

Sports ANNOUNCEMENTS

Congratulations to the JV Volleyball team who beat JFK on Monday. Scores were 25-12 and 25-19. Madison Gonzales led the team in kills with 4, Khianna Hardwick got 2. Kaylene Barnes, Mikayla Ramirez and Emma Taylor had one kill each. Bella Rodriguez scored the most points with her serving. Come watch your undefeated team take on Divisadero Wednesday.

The Girls Varsity Volleyball Team defeated JFK on Monday 25-20, 25-21.  Leading the way was great hitting from Kailey Mackenzie, and great setting from Haley Wells and Hazel Green.  Great job ladies.  Their next game will be today at home against Divisadero.

Wednesday 10/16

8th football Home vs. Woodrow Wilson @ 4:00pm
7th football  Home vs. Divisadero @  4:00pm
Volleyball Home  vs Divisadero @ 3:30pm (release 7th grade only @ 3:00pm)

Cross Country practice after school

Thursday 10/17

Home Cross Country Meet (release time 2:45pm)
Football/volleyball practice @ 3:30pm

Have a Great Day, Explorers!  Remember to have LJ PRIDE in who you are, in what you do, and in our school!

Julie Sales
Administrative Assistant
La Joya Middle School
Telephone:  559-730-7302
Fax No. 559-730-7505

[Image result for thomas kinkade fall pictures]