[LJMS-Bulletin] Wednesday Bulletin 9.25.19

Sales, Julie jsales at vusd.org
Tue Sep 24 16:30:36 PDT 2019

Wednesday, Sept. 25th, 2019
Today is a regular bell schedule

Good morning Explorers, let's remember to have La Joya PRIDE in everything we do!

STUDENT ANNOUNCEMENTS

*Tomorrow, September 26th is our Fall Sports Fundraiser at Panda Express. Please come join us from 5:00pm-9:00pm at the Panda Express located on Mooney and Caldwell. 20% of event sales will be donated to La Joya Middle School Athletics. Please show event flyer or simply let them know you are supporting La Joya Athletics. Come out and support our teams!

*Garden Club meets today after school.
* Looking for something to do this Saturday.  You can take a step back in time with historical movies and arts and crafts with Mr. Saroca, work on your history project with Ms. Austerman, or if you are in the play this is your rehearsal time. On top of that, attending helps you make up an unexcused absence. Sign up<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfUH7Gn_2bMs4DmIYzoMKYnqlczdujJ-sLfN_9aGJw1UDFzlg/viewform?usp=sf_link> through the La Joya website, and encourage a friend to sign up too.

*If you have an emergency card, please bring it to the student window before school, at break, lunch or after school.  For those who do not turn in an emergency card, or have one filled out online, lunch detentions will be assigned very soon.

Sports ANNOUNCEMENTS

Congratulations to the La Joya JV team who beat Divisadero 25-20 and 25-15 on Monday. Emma Taylor, Madison Gonzales and Khianna Hardwick all got a couple of hits. Bella Rodriquez and Madison Gonzales led the team in serves and setting. Jaihmey Mayo also got the team a number of points with her serving. JV girls are now 3-0 for league play. Keep up the good work ladies.

Wednesday 9/25

8th football Home vs. JFK @ 4:00pm
7th football @ Divis 4:00pm (release time 2:45pm)
Volleyball @ Green Acres 3:30pm (release time 2:45pm)

Cross Country practice after school

Thursday 9/26

Home Cross Country Meet @ 3:45pm (release time 3:00pm)
Football/volleyball practice @ 3:30pm

Have a Great Day, Explorers!  Remember to have LJ PRIDE in who you are, in what you do, and in our school!

Julie Sales
Administrative Assistant
La Joya Middle School
Telephone:  559-730-7302