[LJMS-Bulletin] Wednesday Bulletin 1.29.2020

Sales, Julie jsales at vusd.org
Tue Jan 28 16:22:34 PST 2020

Wednesday, Jan. 29th, 2020
Today is a regular bell schedule

Good morning Explorers, let's remember to have La Joya PRIDE in everything we do!

STUDENT ANNOUNCEMENTS
.

*Garden Club meets today after school.

*Hey explorers, it's that time of the year again! That's right, it's our LJMS Hunger Games kickoff games at lunch. Come out every day for the rest of this week and participate in our lunch time activities. Want to show off how strong your arm is? Come out to today's activity and see who can throw the farthest. If you're brave enough, come put your dribbling skills to the test on Thursday for the Basketball event. Finally, Friday is dodgeball. This one's pretty self-explanatory, hit your friends and enemies square in the face with a dodgeball! Today will be out on the Varsity Soccer field. Thursday and Friday activities will be hosted on the black top. Find out what district you're in by asking your seventh period teacher. All of the points this week will be accumulated and advantages will be given during the rally to the team that has the most points this week. We're excited to see both students and teachers out there this week. Good luck!

*Be an honor graduate! CJSF Sign-ups have begun.  Bring your semester report card and $1 due to Ms. Sayre in room 101 or Mrs. Allen in room 503 to see if you qualify to be a member of this prestigious society.  Sign-ups will end Friday, February 7th, so don't delay!!

* Our amazing groundskeeper works very hard to make sure that the campus has beautiful flowers, plants, trees and grass.  Please show respect for his efforts by leaving the plants intact, not pulling off their flowers or buds, and staying off the grass.  Also, pick up any trash on the ground you many find, even if it's not yours.    Let's show PRIDE in our campus!

* Are you interested in competing in the Tulare County Math Super Bowl? If you love math and problem solving, sign up soon for Mrs. Cerecedo's or Mr. Harrell's enrichment RTI February 6. If you would like more information, talk to either teacher in 607 or 608. Space is limited!

Sports ANNOUNCEMENTS

Congratulations to the Varsity Girls Soccer team who beat JFK 11-0. Alyviah Sanchez scored 4 goals, Kaitlyn Padilla and Taylor Vandergriff each scored 2 goals. Michaela Castro, Morgan Phillipe,  and Jadyn Rivas each scored one. Morgan Phillipe had 2 assists, Michaela Castro had one and Jadyn Rivas had one. Jocelyn Housey came up with 3 saves and has been playing an outstanding goalie for the team.

On Monday the JV boys basketball team defeated JFK, 40-33. The Explorers played a gritty game, led by Ezra Ayers (18 points), Matthew Perez (7), Cash Marquez and Logan Tavarez (4 each), Owen Reimer, Jacob Avila, and Nathan Gurrola (2 each), and Joseph Perez (1).

Wednesday 1/29

Basketball/Soccer Games vs. Divisadero @ 3:30pm.
Boys at Home (release all soccer at 3:00pm and 7th grade basketball at 3:00pm).
Girls @ Divisadero ( Release time 2:35pm).
Wrestling practice at 5:30pm.

Thursday 1/30

Wrestling Match @ Woodrow Wilson @ 4:00pm (release time 2:35pm).
Basketball/soccer practice after school 3:30pm.

Have a Great Day, Explorers!  Remember to have LJ PRIDE in who you are, in what you do, and in our school!

Julie Sales
Administrative Assistant
La Joya Middle School
Telephone:  559-730-7302