Daily Bulletin 4/3/17
lhayslett at visalia.k12.ca.us
Fri Mar 31 15:28:41 PDT 2017
REDWOOD HIGH SCHOOL [cid:image001.jpg at 01D2AA33.798AA8B0]
1. OPEN HOUSE will be TONIGHT from 6:00 - 7:30 p.m.
2. This month's FOOTBALL BOOSTER MEETING will be moved from TODAY at 6:00 p.m. to Tuesday April 4th at 6:00 p.m. due to Open House. Join us in Coach Ball's office on the Sierra Vista Campus. Hope to see you all there!
SPORTS TODAY/EARLY RELEASES:
Boys Tennis vs. Hanford West 4:00 p.m./Early Release 2:15 p.m.
1. JUNIORS: If you haven't already, please stop by the Counseling Office to pick up your Fall 2016 PSAT Test Booklet. You will be able to use the PSAT Test Booklet as a study guide for the upcoming SAT. If you have any questions, please see Mr. Matta.
2. There will be an INTERACT CLUB MEETING on Tuesday April 4th at lunch in Room 202. Please be there to hear about and sign up for new volunteer opportunities. See you there!
1. Redwood will be launching a Tardy Pilot Program to address students out of class. The purpose of the Pilot Program is to promote academic success and deter students from being tardy to class or out of class without permission. Students must have an appropriate pass to be out of class or late to class. Examples of an appropriate pass will include: teacher-provided Redwood pass and Redwood counseling, attendance, office, or nurse passes). Any student without an appropriate pass will have their ID scanned and/or name taken down. Consequences for being out of class without permission will be loss of off campus lunch privileges and/or an assigned detention. This Pilot Program will begin on Tuesday April 18th and will end on Friday, June 2nd.
1. REDWOOD CHOIR BOOSTER MEETING will be next Tuesday April 4th at 6:00 p.m. in the Choir Room. All choir parents are invited to come!
2. The CSF Redwood Campus Clean-up will be on Wednesday April 5th at 3:30 - 4:15 p.m. All current members are invited to participate in the beautification of our school. Meet in Room 108 at 3:25 p.m., and be ready to work! Snacks, plastic gloves, and garbage bags will be provided. For questions, email gcheatwood at vusd.org.
3. CHEER PACKETS DEADLINE is Thursday April 6th! You can drop them off in the Counseling Office.
4. SPRING BREAK will be from Monday April 10th with students returning on Tuesday April 18th.
1. PTSA MEETINGS will be April 24th, and May 22nd in the Redwood Library at 5:30 p.m.
2. The HIGH SCHOOL ATTENDANCE INCENTIVE PROGRAM - "It's COOL TO GO TO SCHOOL" - is back! Any student with PERFECT ATTENDANCE this year is automatically entered into the drawing for a new Nissan Versa, courtesy of the Groppetti Automotive Family. There are two way to achieve PERFECT ATTENDANCE this year; please visit your Attendance Office for contest rules."
1. UC ANALYTICAL WRITING PLACEMENT EXAMINATION: The University of California will administer the Analytical Writing Placement Examination (AWPE) on Saturday May 13th to students who have been admitted to a UC for Fall 2017 and have not satisfied the Entry Level Writing Requirement by other means. Comprehensive information about the entry Level Writing Requirement and the AWPE is available online at www.ucop.edu/elwr<http://www.ucop.edu/elwr>.
1. The Robert Harrell Career and Technical Education Scholarship This scholarship currently gives approximately 30 scholarships at $1,000 each for various vocational technical programs. The scholarship is for a student who is from Visalia (or lives in Tulare County and is attending a vocational program in Visalia) and is pursuing a vocational technical school in an accredited institution. There are four application periods each year for the Robert Harrell Career and Technical Education Scholarship. Please refer to the scholarship for the dates. Deadline April 15th.
Secretary Student Services/Activities
Redwood High School
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 5189 bytes
More information about the RHS-Bulletin